Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I'll End This Direst: a Frerard story

Chapter 27

by xDescendingAngelx 2 reviews

Corny song references. Sorry =/. Here's the "rising action" of the story -- the events that lead to the good part

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-05-03 - Updated: 2009-05-03 - 1765 words

2Exciting
Frank's POV

“Hey, did you know Mikey Way’s moving in today? I don’t know his brother very well, but apparently Eric wants us to help kill someone this weekend.”

When I heard this, I froze. I looked over at Gerard; he had gone extremely pale and seemed like he was no longer breathing. I desperately wanted him to know everything was going to be alright, but after hearing that from the person that was actually going to do it, I kind of wanted comforting myself.

I grabbed his cold hand boldly, not caring who saw. Gerard turned his pale face towards me, looking sullen.

“They wouldn’t have known it was you if you hadn’t have done that,” he said, barely a whisper. He was tense under my grip; I was surprised he was staying so calm, as he was clearly freaking out.

I shrugged, “Eric would’ve told them anyway. I’m just doing what I need to do,” I tried to reassure him. I didn’t think I was being successful, since he had started to tremble slightly. I needed him to know we were safe, even if we weren’t.

I looked up at the teacher to see what he was doing during all this. Leave it to good old Mr. Cullen to be sleeping while we all finished reading about the Civil war.

“Frankie, we can’t do this,” Gerard said quietly, clearly delirious with fear.

“Shh, don’t say that,” I said, glancing back at Alex to make sure he was still looking at his phone.

“No, Frankie, I mean it. You’re only hurting yourself by being with me; you don’t know what you’re doing. You’re only wasting your time, and I’m not worth—”

“Shut up,” I said, so sharply that he instantly shut his mouth. “I do know what I’m doing, and don’t ever let me hear you say you’re not worth it. Do you even remember what happens to me when you’re not around?”

“I’d rather you get hurt than killed. You’ll disappear if you stay with me, Frank. You can’t do it. They only want you and me apart, and if that saves you, then—”

“Bullshit,” I said. I was getting good at sounding stern, even if I did say so myself. “You know that won’t work. You’ll never make me leave, and neither will they. I won’t disappear because of them, Gee. Without you is how I disappear. I don’t care if it means risking my life for you; it’s something I’m willing to do if it means helping you. I made you a promise, and damn if I’m not going to keep it.”

He took a breath. “Frankie,” he sighed. “I don’t deserve your help. I honestly am not worth it. You’ve helped me too much already. If you knew what kinds of things I do—”

“Gee,” I interrupted, getting a little angry at his stubbornness. “I helped you so far, I can help you to the end. I can leave anytime I want to, but I’m not. I love you, Gee, but I don’t understand you right now. Sure, you’re scared. So am I, but that doesn’t mean you have to show it.” I paused to take a deep breath, and he tried to interrupt.

“But, Frank—”

“I don’t get it, Gee,” I said, trying to keep the calm in my voice as I willed away the anger. “You always tell me not to take any shit from anyone, yet here you are taking the most shit from anybody I have ever seen. You’re contradicting what you’re always telling me, and I don’t get why. You tell me to be brave, and then you turn around and are willing to throw everything away because you’re scared of something that may or may not happen. This isn’t like you.”

His silence made me regret voicing my rant. Was I too harsh? I didn’t mean to sound angry; I just wanted to get my point across. I touched his arm. “Gee, listen…”

I was cut off by the bell. The class got up to leave and Mr. Cullen jerked awake. I stood up and Gerard followed me out of the classroom, still looking melancholy. I wasn’t sure if I had put that look on his face or if that was Alex’s doing, but I knew I wanted to change it. I leaned in a little to give him a kiss, but he avoided me and muttered a goodbye as he walked to his next class.

Gerard’s POV

I walked slowly to my English class, still completely freaked out. I finally reached my class and took a seat near the back of the room, thinking. I put my head down on the desk and closed my eyes, suddenly very tired. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep, and when I woke up in the middle of the period, my mind began whirring with thoughts again.

Mikey was stopping by this weekend, and now he’d have Eric, Alex, and all of Alex’s friends to get me and Frank. And to make matters worse, I wouldn’t be able to seek comfort from Frankie once this was all over. I’d be alone yet again.

“Told you I was in your English class,” said a voice, startling me. I looked up to see a familiar-looking blond kid with a lip ring and drumsticks. Real drumsticks this time. He was just walking in, even though class was halfway over.

“Bob?” I asked, feeling as if I had just woken up. Which, technically, I just did. It was English class, after all.

“Dude, are you ever awake?” He laughed and sat down next to me.

“Robert Bryar, you’re late,” the teacher stated. No shit. Bob shrugged and acted like he didn’t hear what the teacher said, then crossed his arms and slid back in his chair, putting his feet up on the desk. That was my pose. I smiled and did the same.

“So, this is what happens when Bob Bryar goes to school,” I joked, and he grinned.

“Not worth it, huh? I especially hate this class; all we do is write. I’ve walked out three times.”

“Three? Nice.” Walking out of class: something I should definitely try sometime.

“Yeah. So, what are you doing later?” he asked.

“Nothing that I know of. Why?

“Well, since you’re still new here, how about I show you all the good places around town this weekend?” he asked. This weekend? That’s when Mikey was supposed to arrive. I would do anything to avoid him this weekend.

“Sure, this weekend would be great. I’m…” I paused, choosing my words carefully. “…kind of expecting someone this weekend that I really don’t want to deal with,” I said slowly.

He nodded. “Mikey,” he said.

My eyes widened. “How do you know that?”

Bob shrugged. “Alex makes sure word gets around. That’s why I asked if you were doing this weekend; if you’re anything like me, you’ll want to avoid the scene as much as possible.”

“Thanks, man,” I said. I was beginning to feel as if I actually had people on my side, other than Grandma and Frank. Oh, God, Frank…

“What are you thinking about, Gerard?” Bob asked, noting my dismayed facial expression.

“Nothing, just thinking,” I replied, trying not to sound obvious.

“About the Iero kid?” he asked again.

“How the hell… stop asking so many damn questions.” I was shocked at how much of my business was floating around school.

“Sorry. I told you, Eric and Alex make sure everybody knows everyone’s embarrassing shit.”

“Embarrassing? I’m not embarrassed by Frank,” I said, getting defensive. I knew befriending Bob was a bad idea.

“Sorry, I really didn’t mean it like that. Anyway, the bell’s about to go, and if you still need a distraction from Mikey this weekend, just let me know.” Sure enough, the bell rang, and Bob wrote his cell phone number down on a piece of paper and gave it to me. “See you, man.”

On the way to my math class, I overheard someone yelling Alex’s name across the hall. I ducked down behind someone’s locker to avoid being seen.

“Eric, what’s up?” I assumed that was Alex’s response to the guy yelling.

“Nothing much, just waiting for Mikey. He just texted and told me he moved in today, and he’ll be driving down soon to take care of our… business.”

“And his parents?” Alex asked, reminding me of a secret agent.

“They think he just wants to visit his grandma and his faggot brother. He and Frank’ll be easy to cap,” Eric said. I gulped; cap?

“No, Iero will be easy; Way can throw a punch.”

“Okay. Well, let’s hope Mikey can take care of him. I can’t wait for this, dude; it’ll be something to remember!” Eric yelled to him and walked down the hall to his class.

I was about to move when I heard another voice ask Alex, “Which one is Mikey’s brother? Is the one that was with Iero when we fought him? The one that gave you a bloody nose?”

“Shut up, Slam. Yeah, that’s him. Gerard. The other fag we’re getting rid of.”

I couldn’t listen anymore. I needed a drink. I ran out from behind the locker and down the hall, threw the door open and made my way across the parking lot, skipping my math class.

I got home to see my house was empty; Grandma had a bridge club meeting to go to. I put my bookbag down and headed straight for my room, knowing I had a lot of leftover booze from a few days ago.

Mikey’s POV

Pretty soon, we were all moved in. Boxes were strewn all over the floor in every room of the house. It was kind of sad to see, but I tried to focus on the positive things Jersey had in it. Not much, I know. Just a few friends and a few fags.

But hey, at least the weekend will be better. I could hardly wait. Jersey was about to be a few fags less dirty, and even that would be a major improvement.
Sign up to rate and review this story