Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Unstoppable

Chapter Three

by jameswritr4 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-05-07 - Updated: 2009-05-07 - 808 words

1Moving
Aiden walked through the door and sighed. Kat sat up on the couch and looked over at her and smiled. “Well!?” Aiden just glared at her and took off her shoes. Kat frowned. “Really? I thought you liked him.”

“I did but it was horrible. I mean, he looked really cute and all but…” Aiden sighed and sat next to Kat.

“What happened?”

“Well first he was almost 45 minutes late, and you know how I feel about people being late like only 10 minutes. Then when he did show up, he almost plowed into my car because of how fast he was going. Then the food wasn’t all that great and he insulted my shirt. So it wasn’t the best of nights.”

“I’m sorry Aiden. Pete and I were sure you two would hit it off.” Aiden shrugged and got up, walking to her bedroom.

Across town, the almost identical conversation was going on.

Patrick sat next to Pete on the couch, both sipping a beer. Patrick sighed. “I thought it went well but I’m pretty sure she’ll never call.”

Pete shook his head. “What did you do now Patrick?”

Pat looked down at the floor. “I was late and then I almost plowed into her car and then I think I insulted her shirt she was wearing, I’m not quite sure. But the night didn’t end very well.”

“Oh.” Pete took a swig of his beer and took off Pat’s hat and ruffled his hair. “Well there’s more fish in the sea Pat, you’ll find another guppy like you.” He smiled and pouted when Patrick hit him with a pillow before going upstairs to his bedroom.

~~~

A few days later, Aiden was bored at home and had decided to go to a local café to get some coffee and catch up on some reading for school. Kat was off working, putting in her orders for the store and then had a date with Pete. Aiden took a sip of her coffee and turned the volume up on her iPod to drown out the noise of the customers that were ordering, since the place was getting a little busy with the after work crowd. She was turning the page of her book when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She took out her ear buds and turned around in her seat. “Um hi.”

“Hey. I saw you over here and I thought I’d say hello,” Patrick said. He took a small sip of his drink as Aiden gave him a small smile. “Do you mind if I..?” He pointed to the empty seat across from her.

Aiden gently bit her lip and then shook her head. She had to think for a moment whether or not to send him walking with his tail between his legs but she thought better of it. “Go ahead.” She cleared off some of her work and set it back in her bag. Patrick let out a small sigh of relief and sat across from her, setting his drink down on the table. “You’re not working today?”

Patrick shook his head. “One of my rare days off.” He took another sip of his drink. “How have you been? I haven’t heard from you.”

“Good, busy with school and work. You know, the usual stuff.”

Patrick nodded. “Look Aiden, I know um that I royally fucked up our date the other night and I wanted to apologize to you if you had a bad time.”

Aiden looked a little shocked. “Did Pete say something to you?”

Patrick shook his head. “No, I just know that, you know…” He sighed and looked down at his cup, playing a little with it in his hands. “I’m horrible on dates, especially with someone I kind of know and I find attractive. It just puts a lot of pressure on me and stuff…” Patrick stopped rambling when Aiden reached over and put her hand on his arm. He looked up at her to see her smiling slightly.

“You can shut up now Patrick before you really embarrass yourself.”

He smiled slightly. “Can I make it up to you? Can I get one more chance at a first date? I promise Pete will have no influence in the horrible restaurant choice.”

Aiden smiled slightly. “Sure. you seem really sincere about it.” She took out a piece of paper and wrote down her cell number and handed it to him. “Give me a call when you figure out the details.”

Patrick grinned and nodded. “Thanks Aiden, you won’t regret it.” He got up and grabbed his drink. “I’ll see you soon.” He walked out, head held high, with a new confidence. Aiden just shook her head and hoped she wasn’t making another mistake.
Sign up to rate and review this story