Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Cause I Can

by jajajajaime16 7 reviews

Meet Jenna...dum dum duuuuum!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-07 - Updated: 2009-05-07 - 1225 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Trying to get over this...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"You two idiots owe me!" Gerard said as soon as he found Dani in fifth period.

She stifled her laughter. "Why, exactly?"

"Because you were getting back onto school campus right outside the window in Geography!"

"Oh. Sorry, I guess."

"You guess? Ya really wanna know what I had to say to distract Mrs. Fant? 'Did the camels eat the salted products, too? And how did the Arabs balance stuff on that lump on their back?' I looked so freakin' stupid!" he whined.

"Since when have you not?" Dani scoffed.

Gerard looked away. "'Since when have you not?'" He mocked her perfectly.

"Shut up." Dani threw her folder at him, ending the play fight.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Three weeks passed.

Dani's arm was healing fine, in a cast, and she got better and better at hiding the truth from Gee. She talked to Frank mostly online, because it was too hard to risk meeting with him in person. He'd see that things at home hadn't gotten any better. It was written all over her face.

Frank. He was still battling with himself about her. He couldn't exactly do anything about what he knew was happening to her, but he couldn't sit back and watch either. He had dreams about it almost every night. None of them ended very well.

Gerard was jealous of Frank in more ways than one. He was well aware of the fact that Frank knew everything about Dani's troubles, and that Frank wouldn't tell him. He resented the fact that Frank could talk to her and get her to open up like a good book, but if Gerard so much as said hello, it had to be followed by some witty remark. He could tell that Frank knew Dani, really knew her, from the time she was little.

Gerard and Dani had a friendship that any normal person would think was...unusual...to say the least. They, in a way, tolerated each other. One of them would push the other's buttons and the other one would ignore it. They still didn't really want to admit anything to one another.

A combination of all these things made Gerard bitter. Bitter like an old woman sitting home alone with no company other than her fifty cats that were constantly pissing all over everything.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

On a calm day in the middle of March, Gerard was sitting in third period, waiting for the lunch bell. Shit, why can't it just-

"Hey, you're Gerard, right?" A voice to his immediate right broke his thoughts.

"Yeah."

"I'm Jenna," the girl supplied enthusiastically.

"Okay."

"Um...so, like, this class is uber boring, am I right?" Jenna looked around, trying to make conversation.

Gerard sized her up as she talked. Dirty blonde to light brown hair, depending on how you looked at it. Tan skin. About his height. Tight, lavender sweater straining against her cleavage.

Oh, God, don't think about that right now. Last thing you need is to not be able to walk outta here without embarrassing yourself. "Uh-huh," he mumbled.

"So, uh, d'you ever wanna hang out some time? Maybe at lunch?" Jenna smiled coyly, showing off her glossy lips.

"Uh...sure. But I already sit with...Dani. Maybe you know her...?" he improvised.

"Nope," Jenna said, popping the 'p.' She looked down at her desk. "She your girlfriend?"

He sighed heavily. "No. Just friends." At least on her end.

She smiled again. "Hmm. That's interesting." She paused. "So d'you maybe think I could sit down with you two? Or you could come over to my table..."

Yourtable? Like you fucking own the thing? Gerard had seen that table before. Crawling with populars, every last inch of it. He shuddered. "You can sit with us."

"Awesome!" Jenna smiled again and then the bell rang.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So, um, Dani, this is Jenna. Jenna, this is Dani." Gee awkwardly introduced the two girls standing in front of him. And neither one looked very pleased with the other.

He thought he heard one of them mutter, "Nice, Gee, real nice," but he couldn't be sure.

"So, shall we go to lunch?" Jenna said in her peppy tone of voice.

Shall you shove a sock down your throat? Dani growled within the confines of her head. Why's he with this stupid bitch? At least I know he's only concerned with getting into her pants. Dani backtracked. Whoa, slow down. Why am I feeling jealous?

She looks pissed outta her mind. "Uh, yeah, sure," Gerard replied, leading the way to the lunch room.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So, Gerard, what's your fav' lunch food?" Jenna asked once the three of them were sitting down.

"Uh...I don't know."

Oh my fucking God, Dani thought, rolling her eyes, then, Sorry, God. But she just keeps saying his name like it's some sort of cheer. 'G-E-R-A-R-D! What's that spell? Geeeerrraaarrrrdddd!!!!!!!'

"Oh, c'mon, everybody likes food!" Jenna said, even though she'd barely picked at the salad in front of her.

"Uh, pasta." He studied Dani's facial expressions. Her face was getting more tense by the second, and he knew her well enough to figure out it would only be a matter of time before she snapped.

"Ya know what? I think I'm outta here. Bye bye, bitch. Have fun playing with your shiny new toy." Dani gave a fake smile and flipped both of them off from behind her back as she walked away.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

OMG, talk about rude! Jenna thought. "Well that wasn't very nice."

Gerard almost rolled his eyes and then stopped himself. "Whatever."

It was time for them to leave for fourth period. "So after school d'you wanna hang out over at my place?" Jenna twirled her hair between her fingers as she talked.

"Um, I don't know, I usually walk home with my little brother," Gee answered.

"I'm sure he's old enough to walk home by himself!" she countered brightly.

"I'll think about it," Gerard said, nervously shifting on his feet.

"Alrighty!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani walked into fourth period early, where Mrs. Fant was sitting at her desk, searching through papers.

Dani sighed and took her seat, feeling more like a loser than she ever did before. "Stupid," she muttered.

"I know I am," Gerard said, smirking as he slid into the seat beside her. "Okay if I move over here, since it's an empty desk?" he asked, addressing the teacher.

Mrs. Fant grunted some sort of approval and went back to what she was doing.

"Yeah, you really are, dick head," Dani whispered, in case the distracted adult was listening.

"What'd I do? More importantly, what'd she do? You didn't have to storm off like a little kid!" he argued.

"Because I can," she said simply.


Haha! I really thought that this writer's block would last, but it sure as hell didn't! Thank goodness it went away. Anyway, I'm pretty sure y'all already hate Jenna, because well, that was my goal. Sorry if there was a lack of Frank in this one. Good job on 8 whole freaking reviews on the 12th chapter, but ah, that author's note is lacking them. Severely.
REVIEW for your next slice of Frank Iero pie. Or maybe Gerard pie. Depends.
BUT-RATE AND REVIEW! I MEAN IT!
Song for this one-"Bed of Roses" by Mindless Self Indulgence(I don't know-it was just stuck in my head)
Sign up to rate and review this story