Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Only time can heal a broken heart

Maybe It's Not My Weekend, but It's Gonna Be My Year

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 1 review

Patrick and his girlfriend break up, will he find someone else? Or will the upcoming tour be an issue? Read to find out!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-05-05 - Updated: 2009-05-07 - 1186 words

0Unrated
I woke up and glanced at the clock on my bedside table. The flashing green lights read 3:30, except the power went out a few days ago and I never decided to actually change the time back to what it supposed to be, but I knew the clock was exactly 2 hours and 26 minutes fast. Great so that meant it was 1:04 a.m. I'm starting to think Pete's insomnia is rubbing off on me because I haven't slept a whole night in the past four days. I rolled over in my bed to try to get to sleep again, after about a half an hour of lying there I decided to get a midnight snack from the kitchen.

I got up from my king sized bed, which really didn't need to be so big since there was no one else in the bed besides myself, but... okay who am I kidding I'm a lonely mess. My girlfriend broke up with me last week and I've been miserable ever since. I mean I was going to propose to her! I already had a ring picked out and everything, it was a nice ring too with a silver band with a blue gem in the shape of a heart and a little white diamond rested next to it on each side. It even had an inscription on the inside of the band that said "Forever my Lexi Bear", Lexi Bear was my pet name for her. I felt a tear run off the side of my cheek and wiped it away.

I took the Oreos out of the cabinet and poured myself a nice glass of milk. Ever since I was a kid, whenever I couldn't sleep or was upset I would have Oreos and milk. If I recall this was the fourth box of double stuffed Oreos I bought this week. I dunked an Oreo in my milk and my mind started to drift off. I remember just last week...

"No!" I slammed my fist on the counter and stood up. I was tired of remembering what the two of us did together. All it was doing for me was making me this much closer to snapping and finally losing it.. "I just have to move on, I have to..." I whispered to myself. I suddenly felt tired and started to rub my eyes. Great more tears, I laughed hysterically to myself and went back to bed, I'd make sure to clean up the Oreos and milk in the morning.

I was walking down a hallway, it was empty and the walls were completely white and bare, except for a painting down at the very end. I walked towards the end of the hallway, silently listening to my footsteps echo off the walls. That wasn't the only thing I heard though, I also heard someone crying but I couldn't see anyone else in the hall expect myself.

As I got closer to the painting, I realized it was a picture of a girl who had tears coming down her eyes. The background behind her was white, very much like the room I was standing in, with a black heart broken in half. As I looked back at the girl in the painting, she wasn't there anymore.

"Hello?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around quickly and found it was the girl from the painting. I tried to say something, but the words weren't forming, just air. The girl tilted her head to the side and came closer, touching my face. She ran her hand across my cheeks and then my lips and soon felt her own pair of lips come in contact with mine. She took her mouth half an inch away from mine, "Patrick." She said, "Patrick." She repeated again, a bit more sternly. "PATRICK!" She yelled this time, and pushed me away and suddenly I was falling, then it hit me, literally.


I found myself on the floor next to my bed. I looked up and saw Andy standing there looking down at me.

"They did it." Andy said pointing across the room.

I got up off the floor and looked to the other side of my bed; Pete and Joe were standing there holding the mattress in their hands.

"Good you're up." Pete said, setting the mattress back down on the platform it rested on.

"Yeah, and you're in my house. Why are you in my house?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Oooh, someone's cranky."

"Yeah, and its--" I looked over to the clock on my bedside table, it read 5:38 p.m. - minus 2 hours and 26 minutes - that’s 3:12 and a whole lot later than I wanted to sleep. I groaned, "What do you guys want?"

"We just wanted to see if you're okay." Andy said, "And obviously if you slept all day that’s a clear sign something is wrong."

"I'm fine." I lied.

"Patrick, you're not fine." This time it came from Joe.

"Yeah, we saw the Oreos and milk left on the table and you only have Oreos and milk when there’s something wrong, so spill." Pete demanded.

"Guys, seriously I'm fine. Besides the fact that the only girl I've ever loved broke up with me right before I was going to propose, nothing is wrong." I stormed out of my bedroom and sat on the couch in my living room.

"Patrick, we know you're upset, but you can't just sit around and sleep all day." Pete said consolingly.

"This is the only day I've over slept, you guys are over reacting."

"Yeah, but when was the last time you left your house?" Andy asked.

I opened my mouth to say something, but ended up closing it shortly after realizing I didn't remember when I wasn't in my house last.

"Exactly." Andy stated.

"Okay, so what’s your point?" I asked.

"Patrick, don't be like that." Pete whined.

"Let’s do something today." Joe suggested.

"Yeah, hey Patrick Cobra’s in Chicago tonight we should go stop by and say hi, I'm sure they’d be happy to see us we haven’t seen them in awhile."

I didn't really want to go, what I really wanted was to be alone, but what was I going to do? Sulk some more? No thanks, maybe all I really need is to get out of the house.

"Okay?" I asked more than said, being unsure still.

"Okay? Really? Awesome, Patrick trust me you're going to forget all about her after tonight." Pete said happily.

"Yeah, okay." I said doubtfully.

“No, really tonight is going to be a new beginning for you.” Pete said in a way that made me think he was up to something. Either way, it will still be nice to get out of the house and it could end up being fun.

So I decided to start another story while figuring out what to do next on my other story. I really like writing about Patrick for some reason, maybe next time I should do someone else. Remember to review and rate if you want me happy =]
Sign up to rate and review this story