Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Role Reversal

by killxsmile 4 reviews

Turning tables like a DJ.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-05-13 - Updated: 2009-05-13 - 1009 words - Complete

1Moving
Author's Note: I honestly love you guys for all the feedback.

Thank Yous:
somethingorother: Hehe. Glad you liked Travis' explanation. I had a lot of fun writing that part.

Tissamy: You'll be pleased with this chapter. Trust me.

tryingtohard_x: We'll see about the kissing and making up...

doyleangel: Alex and Jack = EPIC BROMANCE. They're too great to keep apart, so keep that in mind as you read this.

STORYYY.

Role reversal.

“Ha!” I said, triumphantly slamming the shot glass onto the counter. Martin, on the other hand, was slumped over his side of the table, resting his forehead against his arm.

“Told you I could outdrink you.”
“Okay, okay, you’ve proved your point,” he groaned, pulling his head up.
“Jesus Christ,” Paul said. “How many shots was that?”
“13,” I said, feeling warmer than usual.
“Damn.”
“You’ve won this round, Chloe,” Martin slurred. “But I demand a rematch tomorrow.”
“Whatever you say.” I patted his back and slowly got up.

Once upright, the alcohol hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like a pirate with a wooden leg and an ear infection who was trying to keep balance on a ship during a storm (Yes, I admit it’s not one of my best analogies). In addition to that, everything seemed a bit fuzzy around the edges.

However, there was half a bottle of Ketel One left and there was no sense in letting it go to waste. With some help from the countertop, I was able to steady myself and pour another drink.

“I think you’ve had enough,” Alex said, taking, the plastic cup away from me.
“Well, I’d have to disagree,” I said, reaching for the vodka and redbull.
“You’re drunk, babe,” he said, holding it farther away.
“I am NOT DRUNK, Alex.”
“Yeah, you are. Only drunk people say that they aren’t drunk,” he said, matter-of-factly.
“I’m sober, I swear.”
“Prove it. Say the alphabet backwards.” I rolled my eyes as a sigh escaped from my lips.
“If I do, will you give me my drink?”
“Yes.”
“Okay.”

Little known fact: due to fear of being pulled over by the cops, I memorized the reverse alphabet when I was 16.

“Z-Y-X-W-V-U-T-S-R-Q-P-O-N-M-L-K-J-I-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-A,” I easily sang. “Now I’ve said my XYZ’s, please give that drink back to me.”

Paul and Travis clapped, and I took a wobbly bow.

“I still think you’ve had enough for one night,” Alex said.
“Aww, c’mon, baby,” I pleaded.
“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon. You know you’ve gotta,” Travis sang.
“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon,” I joined in. “And celebrate ‘cause we are together--”
“Made for each other. We can stand alone,” we both sang. “And now no one can touch us.”
“See, Trav’s cool,” I said, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. “Why can’t you be cool?”

The sandy blonde rolled his eyes and stepped toward me. Smirking in triumph, I held out my hand. However, instead of returning my drink, he handed it to the aforementioned red head and threw me over his shoulder.

“What the hell? Put me down!” I yelled, trying to wriggle free from his grasp.
“Chloe, stop. I’m gonna end up dropping you.” He tightened his grip around my waist.
“Where are you taking me?”
“Back to our bus.”
“But iowanna leave,” I said, pouting.
“But you’re going to. Now say bye to everyone.”

I sighed, knowing that he wasn’t budging on this.

“BYE, EVERYBODY!” I yelled, trying to look up from Alex’s back pockets.
A chorus of “Bye, Chloe!”s echoed through the bus as I made my not so graceful exit.

“God, you’re such a buttface!” I huffed as he made his way toward our bus. Alex laughed at my comment and continued walking.
“This coming from the girl who’s talking into my ass.”
“Shut up,” I said as he chuckled.

Eventually we reached the back of the bus, where he set me on my feet. Once upright, my knees buckled and I found myself falling over.

“Whoa,” Alex said, catching me in his arms. “Now do you believe that you’re drunk?”
“I guess…A little,” I mumbled into his shoulder.

Before I knew what was going on, he picked me up bridal style, and set me onto his bunk. After kicking his shoes off, he slipped mine off as well, then crawled in next to me.

“This is weird,” I said, turning toward him.
“What do you mean?” he asked, pushing my hair out of my face.
“I’m usually the one telling you to stop drinking.”
“Hey, I’m entitled to be your knight in shining armor every once in a while,” he said, wrapping his arms around me.
“Thanks…”

While stroking my hair, he quietly hummed ‘Always’ by Blink-182 and that’s the last thing I remember before falling asleep.

The next day, I woke up with a dull headache and an arm wrapped around my waist.

“Morning, buttface,” Alex chirped, kissing my neck.
“Dude--” Jack started, passing our bunk.
“Yeah, I know, I know,” he said, moving away from me.
“Hey, I was just gonna say thanks for last night. You saved Little Miss Vodka over there from permanently fucking up her liver.”
“Uh, yeah. No problem,” Alex replied with a mixture of uncertainty and relief in his voice. With that, Jack headed toward the front of the bus, leaving us in a state of confusion.

“Am I hallucinating or was that really my brother?” I asked.
“That was really your brother.”
“So does that mean he’s okay with us?”
“Only one way to find out,” he said. “Hey, Jack, is it okay if I make out with Chloe?”
“If I can’t see or hear you, I don’t care,” he replied from the front of the bus.
“Guess that answers your question,” Alex said smirking as he rolled on top of me.

+++++

REVIEWS = UPDATES.
You know what to do.

PS. Ratings are nice, too.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story