Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Be Mine

Chapter 3

by evry1lovesmichelle 0 reviews

Pierre promised to take Michelle to the prom... but will he keep it?

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Patrick Langlois,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-16 - 2466 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3




It was a week after the school shooting, and it was friday night. Everyone was hanging in Chuck’s basement, and it was band practice. Their band was called “Reset” and a couple of guys from the band were there too. David, Miranda, me, and Pat were watching them and talking. Jeff was at work.

“So Pierre is taking you to the prom next friday?” Miranda was excited for me.

“Yeah! It’s going to be so fun! Are you two going?” I asked

“Nah, I think we’re going to have a party here or something. We’re not really into getting dressed up and slow dancing.” David put his arm around Miranda.

“Yeah, dances suck!” Miranda chuckled.


The band finished playing a song. and Pierre heard me chuckle. He slowly walked towards us.

“I’m going to the city tomorrow to pick out my dress! Hmm... I actually don’t know why I’m so excited to get a dress when I don’t even like them.” I Chuckled. Miranda chuckled also.

“Remember Michelle, We’re just going as friends.” Pierre smirks.

“I know Pierre, I know.” I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

“Hey, can I come with you Michelle? I want to get some cd’s, if your going to the mall...” Miranda asked.

“Sure Miranda, the more the merrier!” I said happily. Its always fun when we go shopping together, but she tends to knock everything down. haha

“Can I come?” David asked with a smile on his face.

“...No” I then chuckled.

David makes a sad puppy face. and Miranda just laughs at him.

“Okay, you can come I guess!” I Laughed

David smiles. “Yay!”

Chuck walks over and sits beside me.


“Are you going to the prom Chuck? I smirked.

“Me? Nah, I never find a date when it comes to dances. Besides, all the girls here are ugly or preppy anyways. Chuck said.

“True dat!” David agreed. Miranda punched him in the arm.

“Ouch!” David rubs his arm.

I chuckled. Its always funny when he gets hurt.



The next day, Miranda, David, and I went to the mall. I was trying on some dresses, and it was really hard to find one that looked good on me. Some made me look like a slut, according to Miranda. and one of them made me look fat. That’s what David said, and of course he got punched in the arm again by Miranda.


“Okay, this is the last one! I’m coming out!” I said, I open the dressing room door. and walked to Miranda and David.

“So what do you think?” I asked.

Miranda and David were speechless. They just sat there with blank faces.

“It looks bad doesn’t it?” I said disappointed. I Look in the mirror behind me.

“No, it doesn’t Michelle. You look amazing!” Miranda said happily. She and David get up and stood next to me.

“Like damn Michelle! With that dress, Pierre won’t know what hit him!” David smiled.

I blushed. “Oh David.”

“Its true! By the end of the prom, I promise he will ask you out!” Miranda got excited.

“You sure about that? We have to stay friends according to him. Oh, I love you and all but, we have to stay friends!” I chuckled. “He sorta sounds like a chick.

“Yeah, I know.” David agreed. “But if this doesn’t make him ask you out. Then he has to be gay!”

Me and Miranda laughed. I got back in the dressing room, and got back into my clothes. I bought the dress, and then we went to music world.

It was the day before the prom. It was lunch time, and Me, David, and Miranda were eating in the cafeteria. Chuck was at home, because he had no classes in the afternoon. I didn’t either, I was going to eat my lunch, and then head to Chuck’s.


“How are you going to do you hair for tomorrow Michelle?” David asked, as he was putting a fry in his mouth.

“I have no idea, I was going to put it up but, I like it better when its down.” I said, as I was finishing my sandwich.

“If you want, I could come over tomorrow and straighten it for you?” Suggested David.

“Okay! Sound good David.” I really thought it was a good idea, my hair is crazy!

I stand up. “Well, I’m gonna go to my locker, and then go to Chuck’s for the afternoon. See you guys later!”

“Later.” Miranda said.

I headed to my locker to grab my things and go.

About two minutes later, Pierre walked into the cafeteria looking for me. He went to where David and Miranda was sitting.

“Where’s Michelle?” He asked quickly.

“She just walked up to her locker...” Before David could finish his sentence, Pierre rushed out of the cafeteria and headed to my locker. David and Miranda looked at each other weird.

I just locked my locker, when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and it was Pierre. he came towards me and stopped.

“Hey Pierre!” I said with a smirk.

“I have to talk to you.” He said with a nervous voice.

“Can’t it wait till tomorrow? I gotta get to Chuck’s to do some homework.” I said.

“Its about tomorrow though....” Pierre started feeling uncomfortable.

“Well what is it?” I thought it would be some stupid little thing.

“Well.....” He looks away for a second, and runs his fingers through his hair. Then her looks back at me. “I’m sorta going with someone else now...”

I chuckled. “What do you mean? You going with me silly.” I playfully hit him.

“I’m going with April now....” Pierre dropped his eyes to the floor.

“What?” I was shocked.

“We’re back together now. And she really wants to go.” He felt really bad.

“But Pierre.... You broke up with her.. and then you asked me to go with you..” I was starting to get really upset and sad.

“I know...” He said.

“You slept with her didn’t ya? I bet you did.” I had my side leaning on my locker. My arms were crossed and I was looking at the floor.

“Don’t get mad at me, please. Are you okay with this?” He asked.

A tear went down my cheek. I sniffled. “Ya i guess. I’ll just return my dress on the weekend.” I grabbed my book bag, and slowly walked away.

“Michelle!...” He said, trying to stop me in my steps, but I didn’t look back.


I got to chuck’s as fast as I could without crying. I barged into the basement, and Chuck was sitting on his chair. He looked over at me really fast.

“Pierre is such a dick!” I fell onto the couch, and sat.

Chuck looked really shocked. He sat down next to me. “What did he do?”

“He’s back with April, and he’s taking her to the prom instead of me...” I was really pissed off and sad.

“and why are they back together?” Chuck asked.

“Beats me. She probably slept with him to get him back for all I know!” I said.

“Probably, she does look like a slut doesn’t she?” Chuck said, trying to cheer me up.

“Yeah. I guess so.” I sniffled and looked the other way. Chucked hugged me, and I leaned towards him.

“He just missed his chance with me. and he had a lot of them. I’m not waiting for him anymore.” Still in Chuck’s arms. Whenever he hugged me, I always felt safe.

“Your fucking right about that. He said long ago that you guys couldn’t be together because he would hurt you. and look at you, he hurt you bad and your not even going out!” chuck said pissed off. He always gets upset whenever something like this happens to me.

“Yeah. but now I have a dress to return, and I was really looking forward to tomorrow.” I said sadly.

There was a minute of silence, then Chuck suggested something.


Something clicks into Chuck’s head. “Hey, I can take you to the prom if you’d like!” He said happily.

I looked up at him. “No Chuck, you don’t have too.”

He smirked at me. “I don’t have to.... I want to.”

“Really?” I smirked, and was surprised.

Chuck replied. “Really.”


I went back into his arms and thanked him.

It was prom night and I was getting ready. I got my dress on, and Miranda and David arrived. David straightened my hair, then I was ready. Chuck was waiting outside with a corsage.

I walked out of the house door, and Chuck was standing there wearing a tux and a tie. From his expression, I think he was breathless.

“Chuck, Breath!” I chuckled

Chuck grinned. “I’m sorry, you just look so amazing! Like....”

David butts in. “I know right? Thats what I said! She doesn’t believe me though.”

Miranda punches David in the arm. “We better get going!” She grabs Davids arm and drags him off the porch.

“But why?” David said clueless. They walked away.

I Chuckled, and Chuck did too.

“Well, you look handsome Chuck.” I smirked.

Chuck blushed, and then pinned the corsage on my dress. We both smiled at each other.

“Well, shall we get going?” Chuck said, and offered his arm.

“Yes, we shall!” I wrapped my arm around his, and we started to walk.


We were heading to the school, and we started to talk. We were about two blocks away.


“What are you going to do if you see Pierre?” Chuck asked.

“I’ll just pretend like nothing happened and that I was gonna go with you the whole time.” I replied. “He missed his chance with me, and I’m over him now.”

“Good. Its about time too. You’ve liked him for 5 years now, and he kept hurting you. So I think its about time you got over him and moved on.” Chuck smirked at me.

I smirked back.

“Do you wanna go back to my place after the prom? David and them will be there.” He asked.

“Sounds good! Its friday night so, I can I guess.” I answered.

“Great!” Chuck replied.


We arrived at the school, and walked into the gym. We got our picture taken together, and looked around, and waited for it to begin. We got some punch, and talked a little bit more.


“This place is amazing, isn’t it?” Chuck said, really surprised.

“It sure is! You can’t even tell that its the crappy smelly gym.” I smirked and chuckled.

Chuck did a little chuckle too. “I always hated gym.”

“Me too.” I said

“Hey, I didn’t know you guys were coming.” Pierre said, he was standing behind us, with April. Me and Chuck turned around to see them.

“Oh, hey Pierre and April.” Chuck said, with a friendly smile.

“Hi.” I said, with a small smirk.

Pierre was looking at me and he looked blown away. It was silent and awkward for about 5 seconds.

We heard the principal starting to talk into the mic.

“Well, I hope you guys have fun tonight.” I said.

Pierre had a small smirk. “You too.”

“Bye.” I started walking towards the stage to listen.

Chuck leaned to Pierre’s left ear and whispered. “You had your chance.” He started walking backwards, and shook his head, then turned around and caught up with me.

Pierre just stood there with a blank look on his face.

As the night went on, We danced and drank lots of punch. Chuck never went to the washroom once. But me on the other hand.. I swear I went 10 times that night. I just dranked to much haha. I always felt bad leaving him, Because I didn’t want him to think that I didn’t want to go with him. I really did.

It was the last song of the night, and it was of course, a slow song. Me and Chuck weren’t that close together. Just about two small rulers apart. My arm were on his shoulders, and his hands were just above my waist. We were just talking small talk, and then we saw Pierre and april.


April was holding onto Pierre’s hand and was in front of him, and dragging him out of the gym. Pierre was following. Chuck and I were thinking of the same thing and we smirked and shook our heads slightly at each other.


About one Minute later, I asked Chuck something.

“Chuck?” I asked.

“Yeah?” He said curiously.

“Can I.......? Umm.” I said. I wanted to rest my head on him.

He thought for a second, thinking what I wanted and then figured it out. “Oh, yeah, of course.” He sounded nervous.

We slowly got closer together, until there was about 2 inches between us. And i slowly rested the side of my face right below his shoulder. I could feel his heart racing.

“You don’t need to be nervous Chuck. We’re just hugging practically. Like we always do. “ I said.

He chuckled. “Aren’t you a little nervous?” He ask.

“Yeah!” I said happily. and then giggled.


Once the dance was over, we slowly walked away from the school.


“Actually, I think I just want to go home. I’m pooped out.” I said.

“Okay, sure. I’ll walk ya there.” He replied. Walking beside me with his hands in his pockets.

We got in front of my house and stood there. We looked at each other.

“Well thank you for taking me Chuck. It was really nice of you.” I smirked.

“Oh no problem! I had fun too. We should go out more often. Like you know.... To the movies, or the arcade...” He said.

“Yeah, that would be fun...” I replied. It was silent for about 10 seconds. It felt really awkward.

“Well, will I see you this weekend?” Chuck asked.

“I don’t think so, I have to clean, and plus some of my family are coming over for supper and stuff.” I didn’t know what to say after that.

“Okay well I’ll see you on monday then.” He smirked. Then he leaned in and hugged me. Then he gently kissed me on the cheek. I was surprised, he never kissed me before... NEVER! Then he let go of me and blushed, and I blushed a little.


“Bye!” He waved and walked away with his hands back in his pockets.

“Bye!” I replied.

Then, I slowly walked into my house, and thought about the night as it was ending.
Sign up to rate and review this story