Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Never Let This go

Never Let This go

by kristinluvspete 2 reviews

Maybe if my heart stop beating it won't hurt this much...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-05-12 - Updated: 2009-05-12 - 1242 words

0Unrated
please review!

Present

I stumbled, as always, onto the plane and glanced around. Not one familiar face and thank god. I'd told him goodbye so he knew I would be gone, but I never told him where I was going to. I brushed against people as I walked back to my seat and tried not to trip over anyone's feet. I was already miserable, so I really didn't need any emabarassment. You'd think after 23 years of my life being clumsy and accident prone this embarassment would have worn off, but no.

I sat down in my seat and prayed that no one would be sitting next to me. Sometimes you get lucky like that and the plane isn't very full. I put my headphones on and turned up the music. His voice filled my ears and a tear slid down my cheek. I would allow myself to suffer, but I wasn't going to subject him to my soon to be suffering body. I couldn't let him continue to plan our future when it would be short lived. I would not make him a widower in his early twenties. It just would not be fair.

The plain took off and I glanced down at LA for one last time. I would never return and would not continue to do the damage that my ailment had already done to us. Goodbye Brendon Urie.


Past

"Ow!" I said in a loud whisper as I walked into the movie theater. Of course it had already started and I was late, like always. I had some really bad habits, like tardiness and clumsiness. Great combination because I usually rush through things when I am late, therefore causing catastrophe. Thank god I did not spill my drink all over this guy when I tripped. I don't even think I tripped over anything but my own foot. I climbed up another few stairs cautiously and sat down next to Kate. She was holding back laughter, bitch. She always found my horrible clumsiness funny.

"Shut up," I whispered and she hushed before anyone got angry at all the noise we were making. I turned my head towards the screen to watch some chick flick Kate picked out.

"Let's go have some drinks! I feel like flirting." Kate suggested after we left the theater. I really didn't feel like going to a bar to meet people. She always wanted to go to the same places and the same type of guys were always there. Duche bags. Actors and actor wannabes were he choice of men. Mine were men with a little more behind the eyes, like a brain!

"No Kate, I don't want to smile politely while some guy tells me about how he's famous or something."

"Haylan, come on! It's Friday night, we have to do something." She begged me, practically on her knees.

"Fine, but I get to pick where we go this time. Not some stupid club where you can barely hear yourself think."

"Deal!" She said and giggled excitedly.

I wanted to go somewhere that was a little more low key, where it would be crowded, but fun. I'd heard about a free show going on at some bar on the radio earlier in the day, so I began leading Kate in that direction.

It was decently crowded when we arrived and there was a small empty table. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the table and sat down. Our waitress was there in record time, awesome! We got our drinks fast too so I gave her a big tip. I, of course, sat with my back to the live band. I turn myself in the crowded space that I had to see the band and bumped the guy who was next to me, knocking his beer out of his hand.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I set my beer down and Kate had to grab it because I nearly spilt it as well.

"Don't worry about it, it's kind of crowded in here," the guy said as I reached down to grab his glass.

"No, I'm just the most accident prone person ever," I said under my breath and I turned to actually look at him. My god was this man gorgeous. "Let me um... let me get you another beer." I just stared at his face in awe of the creation god had made.

"Thanks," he said and held out his hand to shake mine. "I'm Brendon."

"Haylan," I said still in shock. The waitress popped up right then and it made me all flustered. "I um, spilt his beer. Can you get him another one on my tab?" I rubbed my forehead in frustration. I really wasn't thinking clear right now and I think it's because I knew he was still looking at me.

"Sure thing," she smiled. "What did you have sir?"

"Bud light," he said with a smile and she walked off. "You alright?" He asked me and I turned to him, startled out of my scrambled thoughts.

"Yeah, just a little embarassed. I've never gotten used to my clumsiness." I could hear Kate laughing at the other side of the table and I kicked her under the table, injuring myself in the process on the table leg. "Ow."

"What did you do?" Brendon had a giant amused smile on his face.

"Bumped myself on the table," I said, blushing slightly and he laughed.

"You weren't kidding about being clumsy huh?" The music had started up, so he had to lean close for me to hear. His smell was intoxicating, even with the smell of beer all over.

"Probably under-exaggerated it for the sake of my pride." I said with my face close to his ear. He laughed again at this comment.

Brendon and I didn't pay attention to the band the whole time there were on stage. We continued to talk and make each other laugh. Surprisingly I didn't spill anything else. It was about midnight when Kate was ready to leave.

"Let's go, I am tired." She said, but I knew the truth. She wanted to go because she didn't have anyone to flirt with. Brendon was here with a couple friends and they had girlfriends, which frustrated Kate.

"Okay," I said to her and turned to Brendon. "I guess I'm heading out."

"Let me get your number before you leave." He said with hopeful eyes and I smiled.

"Sure," I said and I pulled out a pen and searched for a piece of paper. Brendon gave me the palm of his hand and I wrote as pretty as possible my name and phone number. He pulled his hand to his face and blew on it to dry the ink.

"I'll call you tomorrow if you're not busy."

"I have the day off." I said happily.

"Okay, then I'll call you. Have a good night girls." He said and Kate waved to him and pulled me by my arm out of the bar.

"That was BORING," she groaned and I just laughed.

"You're just mad you didn't hook up with anyone." I poked fun and she stuck her tongue out at me. We walked to the corner and hailed a cab to take us back to our apartment near the beach so that I could sleep and dream about my strange meeting with the most beautiful man alive.



Please review so I know if I should continue.
Sign up to rate and review this story