Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Summer Romance

My Summer Romance Part 12

by McrRcks5 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-22 - Updated: 2009-05-22 - 944 words

0Unrated
I was sitting on Cody’s sofa. He passed me a bottle of beer and sat next to me. “I don’t have anything stronger than these I’m afraid.” He told me in an apologetic voice. I stared down the neck of the bottle, not taking a sip. “You probably feel like you need stronger to get that picture out of your mind.” That was exactly was I was thinking but even that probably wouldn’t erase it. “I’m really sorry Nic.”

“Sorry for what?” I asked him, with slight suspicion in my voice. He sighed, shrugged and then continued to explain. “I mean... men... we... well I guess not all of us, just the majority of us are... jerks.” He placed the beer on the coffee table and turned himself towards me. “If you ever do need anyone Nic, I am here. I may act like a total idiot towards you but that’s because I have an awkward personality. Most people think that I am an annoying pr-”

“Just stop.” I interrupted. “I just want quiet.” He nodded, telling me that he understood. It was only silent for a while though. Cody’s favourite part of himself, his voice, reappeared through the quiet and began pestering me again. “Look, if you seriously need anything than I’ll help you get over this.”

“Seriously, what are you trying to get at?” I asked him. He turned his body completely towards me and shifted closer. He took my beer and placed it next to his. He stroked my hair and attempted to pull me closer. Luckily there was an interruption.



There was a knock at Cody’s door. He told me to be quiet, so the person didn’t know that anyone was there. The little knock then turned into rapid banging. From the other side of the door, Gerard’s voice was pleading for the door to be opened. Cody put his finger to his lip to remind me to be silent. Following the continuous bands, were loud thuds. “Cody, I know you’re in there! The lights are on and I can see your sillohuette through the crappy curtains!” Gerard yelled. Cody swore under his breath for his stupidity. “Just stay there. I’ll go and see what he wants.” He made his way slowly to the door. He opened it quickly and fell back as a plastic garden chair came through the doorway and hit him in the face. Taking the oppertunity while Cody was down, Gerard ran into the caravan that Cody was staying in. “Nic, seriously, listen to me. It wasn’t what you thought. It really wasn’t.” I pushed him back through the door. When I reached the doorway, several staff members were looking out of their windows to witness the commotion. “Just go away. I thought that I needed you, but I don’t. I don’t need you and I certainly don’t want you here. Don’t talk to me, don’t call me, don’t make any contact at all. I should have never allowed you to get into my heart but I cared for you so much that I forgave you for every little thing I thought you did wrong towards me. Now, there are no chances for forgiveness. I have other friends, including Cody who actually care about my feelings. Go away!” Gerard looked at me for a few more minutes. “Well you are stupid for putting your trust in a fool like him.”

“I was stupid for putting my trust in you. I should have never interferred in your life because then you would have never interferred with mine. If I had let the security guard kick you out, I would have never met you and none of this pain that I’m feeling, would exsist.” Gerard stromed off, leaving me with tears prickling my eyes.



I helped Cody up and he groaned as I walked him to the sofa. “Where’d he go?” he asked me.

“I don’t care where he’s gone.” I replied and went to get ice for his forehead. He pulled me back down though and moved close to me again. “I can make you forget all about him Nic.” He leaned his head towards mine but I covered his mouth with me hand, and pushed him away. “Cody, I don’t want to complicate this friendship. I just want a friend, not another romance.” He tried to talk me into the possibility of me and him. I refused though. “Jeez, what is it with you men and the word ‘no’?” Cody jumped up and walked over to his kitchen. He reached under the counter and pulled out a bottle of vodka. “Ok so I told a white lie about the booze, but hopefully this will make you forget your morals.” I got up to leave and Cody thrusted a glass in my hand. “Drink this, it’ll make you feel better.” I slapped him around the face and threw the vodka over his clothes. It made him snap a little inside. He took the glass from my hands and went to refill it. As he walked away I heard him mutter something. “I didn’t pay that dancer for nothing.” I tried to calm myself but it was too late. Full of regret for having a go at Gerard, I tapped Cody on the shoulder. He turned around. “You know I’ve changed my opinion of you Cody.” He smiled but the that smile turned to pain as my foot came into contact with his groin. I said goodbye and left.
Sign up to rate and review this story