Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Greatest Mistake I Ever Made.

The Greatest Mistake I Ever Made.

by goodgollyitsHOLLY 5 reviews

One night changed my life.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-05-23 - Updated: 2009-05-23 - 1181 words

1Exciting
So I came across this story I had started writing a few months back on my zip drive and I figured 'why not edit and post this?'. So I am. I'm still working on Deceiving though, so no worries.

One

To say my life wasn’t normal would be a major understatement. It was far from it but I can’t say that I’m not happy, because then that would be a lie. The truth was that I am extremely happy, but that doesn’t mean that I want more out of it. Sure, I have a great job and I’m surrounded by wonderful people, but sometimes I feel there’s a piece that’s missing. I don’t know what is yet but once I find it, you’ll be the first to know.

But, before I begin I think we should get acquainted. I’ll go first. My name is Brendon Boyd Urie and I was born on April 12th, 1987 in Las Vegas, Nevada to my wonderful parents – Grace and Boyd. I’m the youngest out of five and also I’m the favorite uncle when it comes to my nieces and nephews.

I grew up next door to my very best friend Holly Monahan. She and I got in so much trouble together. I remember one thanksgiving when we were seven we stole the turkey and hid it up in the fort we had between our houses. We thought it deserved a chance at life…even though it was already dead and ready to be put in the oven.

Middle and high school were pretty typical for us, awkward and nerdy but we wouldn’t have changed a thing about us. People always assumed we were or told us we should date but we never felt anything except friendship for each other and that’s how it is today.

But one night three years ago changed things. We weren’t invited to some college party at the beginning of our sophomore year at UNLV so we convinced one of my brothers to go and get us some beer. One thing lead to another and nine months later our son, Heath Brendon Urie was born.

-Flashback-

"Brendon..." Holly said quietly as she stood in her best friends dorm room. "I know it's late but I really need to talk to you about something." She looked nervous; uneasy as she wrung her small hands together.
"Sure, what's up?" He asked as he sat on his small bed. The very same bed where their drunken one night stand had taken place just weeks earlier.
"I...I..." She stuttered, unsure of how to tell him.
"Holls, seriously. What's up?" Her face was paler than usual and she looked so small and fragile, sick even.
"I'm pregnant." She blurted out. If he wasn't paying attention he would have missed the words completely. "I went to urgent care this morning to figure out why I've been feeling so terrible and after they did tests they told me. They figure I'm about seven weeks." Brendon's face was deathly pale as he stared at her blankly. "Brendon please say something!"
"I...I don't know what to say Holly. What do you want me to say?"
"I don't know! Tell me what to do! Tell me what you're thinking! What you think should happen! Anything!" She yelled as tears rolled down her cheeks that were reddened from frustration and crying.
"You're sure it's mine?"
"Yes. You're the only person I've slept with."
"I don't know what to tell you Holly. I...you and I...we have a lot of thinking to do."

-End flashback-


Holly and I tried having a relationship but it just didn’t work. We didn’t have the right emotions for it, which worked out perfectly because right after Heath’s first birthday I introduced her to a friend of mine and as it turns out, they were soul mates and Holly married Ryan two months after Heath turned two. They’re extremely happy and I’m really glad for them, and I’m really glad that Ryan is so accepting of our son. He treats him like his own and that makes me feel really good that my best friend’s husband is perfectly okay with the fact that we had a baby together. I think he wants to try for his own now but she’s a little leery, she was in labor for seventeen hours screaming at me the entire time, even though she had drugs. I don’t think she wants to go through that anytime soon but we’ll see.
“Daddy!” My little boy screamed from his bedroom in my apartment. I quickly shut my macbook and ran into his room.
“What’s the matter buddy?” I asked as I kneeled down at the head of his bed. “Tell daddy what’s wrong so he can make it better.” He threw himself into my arms before crying.
“The monster is back.” He sniffled. I felt so bad, this was partially my fault. See, one night after I was convinced he was asleep there was an old monster movie marathon on TV and I couldn’t miss it. I was half way through the 1931 version of Bram Stoker’s Dracula when I heard Heath behind me. The rest of the night was spent with him in my big bed trying to make him believe that it was just a movie and that Dracula wasn’t real. Just a character – like in all the books his mommy read. Nerd. Anyway, after that he started having these dreams about Dracula coming to take Holly and I away from him, even Ryan in some dreams. I felt helpless when he had those dreams but Holly tried reassuring me that it wasn’t my fault. If only I could believe her.
“Well, how about I stay with you until you fall asleep again.” He nodded before looking up at me. Looking at Heath was like glancing in a mirror, only he had Holly’s blue eyes. Like hers, they changed – sometimes they were the bluest of blues and others they were more of a steely grayish blue color.
“Can I sweep in your bed daddy?”
“Alright, but don’t hog the blankets again. I get cold sometimes too little man.” He smiled his perfect smile at me before nodding happily. I grabbed his favorite teddy bear as well as the blanket my mom made for him when he was born and carried him to my room across the hall. It seemed as soon as his head hit the pillow he was out and I was relieved. I went into the living room and shut everything off before stripping myself down to my boxers, brushing my teeth, and doing my other night time rituals before joining my little boy in dream land.

I'm keeping my female characters the same because I love them too much to change them any.
I hope you all enjoy this. Let me know what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story