Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She's Not Breathing

Drafted

by AshTheDeathBat 1 review

When all else fails...cry.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2009-06-04 - Updated: 2009-06-05 - 902 words

1Exciting
I'm going to admit it right now. I feel that this isn't my best update in the planet. But, everyone has their days...well nights...morning's maybe? It's one in the morning. I'm tired but I can't sleep.

“Violet,” I said quietly, touching her arm slightly. She was still frozen on my lap.

“I’m going to die soon.” Her voice was barely above a whisper. “This has never happened before. Will has never lost them. Never. H-He lost them. They are out there somewhere. Probably near us.”

“Don’t say that.” I told her. “They are probably miles away.”

She stood up slowly and walked over to the window. Her long hair slowly falling out of her ponytail as she went.

There was nothing but silence. It was giving me goose bumps.

“I doubt that they are.” She whispered. “Will is a good tracker. Better than any other out there. But, they are better than he will ever hope to be. They could find us in three seconds if they really wanted to.”

“I bet Will is going to start tracking them again.” I did my best to provide comforting words. I got up and walked behind her.

“I-I… I’m speechless.” She mumbled, lowering her head. “They are going to find us. Rory and I are going to be no more.” She placed her hands on the windowsill. “I bet that they are running. They are probably running as fast as they can towards our house right at this very moment.” Her voice was getting close to hysteria, she gripped the windowsill tighter.

“Please, Vi, please calm down. Take a breath.” I said, placing my hand on her shoulder.

She slammed the window shut.

“They are going to burst through the window.” She yelled, pulling the curtains closed. One of them ripped from the force. “They are going to rip my arms off and my legs. Then they are going to take my lifeless body back to their whatever they live in and tear me open. Then, they are going to take my heart.”

I gasped as she collapsed to the floor. Her head in her hands, sobbing.

“My h-heart, Frank. They’ll take it. They’ll take my b-brain. Th-they’ll take everything. Every s-single p-part of me. I-I-I’ll be all over the p-place.”

I was unsure what to do. Here was this beautiful half human, half vampire girl sitting in front of me. She had the heart of the human. She was a free spirit. At the same time, she could probably break me in half with the strength in her tiny body.

“Violet.” I knelt down beside her. “I’m here for you.”

“That’s,” she started, “That’s what I’m afraid of the most. Maybe you shouldn’t be here at all.”

“Don’t tell me that.” I slowly sat down. “I’m going to be here for you. We are both in trouble now. We are going to get through this together.”

“Vampires hide alone.” She mumbled.

“You aren’t full vampire, though.” I reminded her. “You are half, if that. And as of right now, I promise I’ll do whatever it takes to protect you. Even though they could tear me limb from limb.”

“Don’t promise me. Don’t promise me.” She still wouldn’t look at me.

“I’m going to.”

“DON’T!” She snapped at me, jerking her head up quickly. Her hair fell wildly into her face. “Don’t fucking promise me anything at all. I don’t want you to get hurt.” She was yelling extremely loudly now. “They will hurt you. They will do it to hurt me!”

I stared at her, wondering if she was actually listening to what she was saying.

“Of course I’m listening to myself! You just need to get out of my life!” She mumbled. “Get out of my life!”

The words hit me. They hit me hard. I pulled back from her slightly, hoping she wasn’t serious. It had only been a few days, but I had really started to like her. A lot.

“Do you mean it?” I managed to spit out. I fought back the urge to cry. I never claimed to be made of steel. “You want me to leave?”

“N-N-No!” She fell onto me, sobbing, nearly making both of us fall over. “I didn’t mean it.”

It took me a while to realize what was going on. She didn’t know what she was saying the whole time. I wrapped my arms around her, rocking her back and forth. She was still a seventeen year old at heart.

“I’m so scared.” She whispered.

“It’s okay.” I told her. “Don’t cry.”

“Violet.” We both looked up at the sound of Rory’s voice.

He was standing in the doorway of the living room. His semi long hair was pulled back into a ponytail. He was dressed in all black.

“Dry your tears.” He told her, walking over to us. He reached one hand under one of my underarms and the other under Violet’s.

“Don’t do anything foolish, Rory.” She threatened him.

“I’m not.” He yanked the both of us up.

“Then what are you doing?”

“Getting ready.” He clasped her shoulder. “If they attack, we are going to be ready. It’s going to be a war.”
Sign up to rate and review this story