Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > A Few Words

A Few Words

by Mikari 0 reviews

Fujin is a woman of few words and many deep thoughts. A collection of Fujin mini drabbles themed with a word starting with each letter of the alphabet.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Fujin,Raijin,Seifer - Published: 2009-05-26 - Updated: 2009-05-27 - 3101 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Site: http://piratesboard.net/mikari/

Art Archives:
http://mikaristar.deviantart.com
http://mikaristar.sheezyart.com
http://fanart-central.net/profile-AzureMikari.php
http://artgrounds.com/gallery/Mikari/
http://anipan.com/21462/
http://pixiv.net/member.php?id=4828776
http://pinterest.com/mikariazure/

A Few Words

Word 01: Anniversary

Both Seifer and Raijin noticed it right away, the slight smile that shone through Fujin's usually serious face. Their curious stares did not really bother her, nor did the fact that they didn't remember what day it was. Either way, they would continue being a posse as they had been for the past three years to that day.

Word 02: Bee

The insect that dared to defy her was met only with a merciful waving of the hand. The bee flew away to pester Raijin who flailed at it frantically and ended up with a stung nose, much to Seifer's amusement.

Word 03: Cat

No one ever knew Fujin liked animals, she had never spoken of it or mentioned wanting a pet. But when Headmaster Cid sent the disciplinary committee to catch a stray cat that snuck into Garden, out of the three, the only one who was accepted with purrs and cuddles instead of scratches was Fujin.

Word 04: Done

Though they were the disciplinary committee that didn't mean they always stayed out of trouble. Occasionally they would end up with a few extra chores thanks to an impulsive moment from Seifer, and both Raijin and Fujin would help their dear friend without complaints. When Fujin was done doing the dishes, she went off to help Seifer mop the cafeteria floor, her duty wasn't finished until they were all done.

Word 05: Eyes

When Fujin's only visible eye closed sleepily and she dozed off on a bench near the stage in Garden, Seifer approached her curiously, with Raijin looking over his shoulder, and extended his hand to lift her eye patch and see if she really was missing an eye, or if she simply wore the patch to look cool. Then Fujin's exposed eye opened suddenly, freezing Seifer in place with a potent glare and startling Raijin into backing up and tripping over his own feet, falling flat on his back. Then the anger left her good eye and she patted the space left and right on the bench where a minute later Seifer and Raijin sat on either side after recovering.

Word 06: Fun

Some would wonder what was so fun about hanging around Seifer all the time, following him everywhere. But they didn't need to know and they didn't need to understand, because Fujin was having fun and that was all that really mattered.

Word 07: Guard

Fujin didn't know how Seifer accidentally broke the lock of his own room, but until it was fixed, she would have to guard his door to make sure no intruders went in. Prepared to fight fan girls and monsters alike, Fujin guarded the slumbering prince.

Word 08: Hair

Fujin had never exchanged more than a few words with Selphie, thus when the brunette started playing with her silver hair in the cafeteria and asking what she did to make it so shiny, Fujin did not know how to reply; and Seifer couldn't help it but to be amused by her deer caught in the headlights expression.

Word 09: Insistent

If there was one thing Seifer was, he was insistent, though many would simply call him stubborn. However, even if he complained and insisted, Fujin would not let Seifer return to his training until he recovered from the terrible cold that left her and Raijin with the duty of carrying him back to his room after he passed out.

Word 10: Joke

Seifer was a big fan of April Fool's Day, and though Raijin sometimes tried to participate by playing a joke on Squall's group, his schemes were easy to detect and just as easily avoided. However, on that day, Squall didn't know what hit him, and neither did Seifer, though he assured that whoever playing that joke on Squall was a pure genius. Fujin merely smiled quietly, completely escaping suspicion.

Word 11: Karma

Quistis warned Seifer about karma and he didn't listen. Though maybe someday the circumstances would backfire and blow up in his face, Fujin would take all that karma onto herself and delay that time as much as she possibly could.

Word 12: Loyalty

It was a concept both Fujin and Raijin were well acquainted with, though the latter would not know how to properly explain its deep meaning and the former would rather keep her words to herself. Either way, for them the concept of loyalty was easily summarized in one word, Seifer.

Word 13: Miscalculation

After watching him wield a gun-blade with such skill, one would never imagine Seifer could make such a simple miscalculation. He misjudged the distance from one step to another and went tumbling down the stairs taking Fujin and Raijin down with him in a desperate attempt to regain his balance. Fujin was the first to recover while Seifer and Raijin lay in pain at the bottom of the stairs. She glared at Squall who with raised hands turning around and disappeared from whence he came before Seifer found out there had been a witness to his miscalculation.

Word 14: No

When Fujin said no, she meant it. Selphie found out the hard way when after declining her invitation for a girls' night out along with Quistis and Rinoa, Fujin proceeded to shove her into Irvine. The cowboy caught Selphie without difficulty or complaints, but he did not bother to move his face out of the way of hers before their lips met.

Word 15: Omnipresent

There was something fascinating about the way Fujin carried herself, prideful but not obnoxious, quiet yet imposing. She had a special air of omnipresence.

Word 16: Posse

A tightly held friendship, an unbreakable bond, unconditional loyalty, meant to be together forever; Fujin could say many things to describe her relationship with Seifer, but she chose to simply say posse.

Word 17: Quest

It didn't matter how big or small, how realistic or unattainable, whatever Seifer set out to achieve, Fujin made it her quest as well.

Word 18: Right

On many occasions Seifer was right and it was proven. However, he was not right because of the original circumstances or because of his strong desire to be right. He was right because Fujin secretly arranged it to be that way.

Word 19: Seifer

She wasn't sure how her life came to revolve around him, but somehow it did, and she did not regret it.

Word 20: Trust

Trust was rare these days, she heard people say. There are many who fear being betrayed and everyone knew Squall was one of them. Few can fully trust those who say they are their friends, and those who can, should consider themselves very fortunate. Seifer was lucky.

Word 21: United

United they would stand and no mater what, united they would not fall. Because as long as they were united, one way or another, they somehow always won, for as long as they had each other.

Word 22: Voice

Some made the mistake of continuously asking what was wrong with Fujin's voice. They pushed her patience to the limit and inquired if it was a throat or vocal cord problem that caused her to speak loudly and one word at a time. Soon enough they would find out that, though there was nothing wrong with Fujin's voice, there would be something wrong with their hearing after Fujin yelled her annoyed reply in their ears.

Word 23: Wind

Her will was one of her strongest assets among others. Unbreakable, unmovable, she didn't surrender, she stood firm, strong like the wind, and sometimes when she was with those she cared for, she felt just as free.

Word 24: Xylophone

Fujin didn't know how she got pushed into this, but somehow, Selphie was convinced that she had a vast amount of hidden musical talent and the xylophone was the perfect instrument for her. Fujin was not amused, but Seifer and Raijin were.

Word 25: Yawn

That night as the disciplinary committee guarded Garden, Fujin was quiet, far more quiet than usual. It was Raijin's night off to catch up on much needed sleep. Every time Seifer passed by on patrol, he assumed Fujin was wide awake at her post. Little did he know that the eye covered by her silver hair was closed and she was simply sleeping on her feet. He didn't notice until at the end of their shift, she woke with a yawn.

Word 26: Zombie

When Fujin said that one word, Seifer was confused, and it confused him even more when instead of elaborating Raijin simply nodded. While Seifer still wondered was it was about, a very tired Squall passed by reminding Seifer of a zombie, and he knew what Fujin was talking about.

Word 27: Ñoño

It was a word in a foreign language that neither Seifer nor Raijin understood. The sound was not quite like that on an N and the way Fujin said it told them it was no mispronunciation, she said exactly what she meant to say as she always did. Raijin never understood it, and Seifer felt as if a truth he would never accept was thrown in his face. Yet the way Fujin said it was sweet, as if she didn't mind contributing to whatever it was. Seifer never figured out if it was good or bad.

Word 28: Alarm

He had been walking backwards, just to be cool, while at the same time holding a carefree conversation with his posse. But when Seifer saw the alarm on Fujin's face, instead of seeing the wet floor warning, he knew his cruel fate was sealed as he inevitably fell.

Word 29: Bandaid

It was only a scrape, something insignificant for a regular person, even more so for a Seed. However, for some unknown reason, Fujin felt the need to do something about it. Thus she placed a small blue bandiad decorated with white kittens on Sefer's little finger, which he dared not remove. He would just have to keep his hand in his pocket for a while.

Word 30: Coat

It was his favorite coat, but the stain was impossible, and grimacing sadly, Seifer threw it away. Fujin couldn't stand to see him that way and Raijin could think of nothing more than sharing the grief. But for Fujin, that wasn't enough, so she picked up the coat, and scrubbed it with all her might until instead of a dark stain, there was a light spot. The coat was still ruined, but Seifer caught Fujin during her task and that was enough to cheer him up.

Word 31: Delay

Fujin sat calmly at the living room of their home, while Raijin paced back and forth. She was the woman of the group, she was the one who was expected to take forever getting ready to go out with her friends, but she was not like other girls. Then Seifer finally appeared and nodded in her direction as if silently apologizing for the delay.

Word 32: Elegance

Though she didn't flaunt it, as she didn't have to for it was ever so obvious right now, Fujin had a certain unique elegance beyond compare, and Seifer could only stare.

Word 33: Futile

Posse or not, best friends regardless, Fujin's victorious grin made it clear to Seifer that trying to beat her in videogames was futile.

Word 34: Gale

The wind was strong enough to make anyone else think it was best to stay indoors, but the gale did not stop the posse. Together, with a firm pace, side by side, they walked strong.

Word 35: Hammer

While making some much needed repairs to their little house, the hammer slipped from Seifer's grasp when as he swung it back and forth against the nail. His embarrassment turned to worry when he heard the sound of an impact and his life flashed before his eyes before he turned around and sighed in relief. Fujin was unharmed, "sorry Raijin."

Word 36: Illogical

"It's not logical," he claimed, "that such a beauty doesn't have a boyfriend." No one knew how or why the man came to that conclusion, but before Fujin could silence the flirty boy, Seifer felt the need to walk down the dock and shove him aside into the ocean.

Word 37: Justice

Many people would agree that life isn't fair, but Fujin was not the kind to dwell on that. She would find a way to make her own justice.

Word 38: Knowledge

They always did well enough to pass, barely passing in Raijin's case and staying near the top in Seifer's. That's how it was for written tests, though when it came to practical exams, even if Seifer would often be seen as the strongest, he was too rash. Raijin followed along with the posse, doing as he was told, and Fujin saw things from an entirely different perspective. She had a vast amount of knowledge, but knew not to release it all at once.

Word 39: Love

It was not a common subject in the posse lately, save for the kind of love shared by the dearest friends, though it went without the mushy details, and the memories of family love between a sorceress and a knight, even if it let to certain consequences. That aside, the topic was barely touched anymore, yet somehow, it was always silently present, even if Seifer never directly spoke of such things to Fujin.

Word 40: Minion

They were a posse, not minions of Seifer. Raijin had gasped and remained at a loss for words, Seifer had clarified with a heavy sense of loyalty to his companions, and Fujin, a woman of few words, simply smacked the offending individual over the head and declared, "fool!"

Word 41: Never

She would never abandon her posse, she would never betray her friends, she would never give up; there were many things Fujin would never do. Most of all, she would never be caught dead in anything similar to the silly pink dress she had seen Rinoa wearing while on a date in town with Squall.

Word 42: Only

It was only another day, it was only another year; it was only an occasion that repeated itself every three hundred and sixty-five days, once a year. It was only the celebration of the arrival of someone without equal, it was only Fujin's birthday, and the posse would make sure it would not be only another regular day for her.

Word 43: Poke

Seifer didn't know why, and he had forgotten when, Raijin had gained the annoying tendency to poke him when in need of attention. The problem escalated as Seifer found himself being poked, then meeting with the excuse of Raijin forgetting what he was going to say, and the worse part is that it actually sounded true. When that next poke came, fed up with the situation, Seifer turned around to yell at Raijin, but the vast amount of oxygen he gathered for the task caught in his throat and was forced back into his full lungs. Then with a slightly reddened face from the effort, Seifer smiled and asked, "what is it Fujin?"

Word 44: Queen

There was something imposing and elegant about her, something beautiful and fierce, something skillful and knowledgeable, something amazing and unique. No one knew what that something was, but Fujin could very well be a queen.

Word 45: River

"Danger!" the warning came too late. Fujin cringed and dashed down the river's edge, chasing after Seifer and Raijin while they were carried away by the strong currents when the rickety bridge betrayed them.

Word 46: Safety

When life is full of surprises and uncertainly, safety is hard to find, even for those who are amazingly strong. However, Seifer, Fujin and Raijin could always find it in each other.

Word 47: Tyrant

They called him a tyrant but she didn't care, she would stand by his side and prove them wrong. She would save him from ever becoming what he fought against, even if it meant standing against him for a fleeting moment soon forgotten; only the memories of loyalty and purpose would remain.

Word 48: Undead

Movies about the undead were, according to Fujin, "predictable," but that didn't stop her from wanting to watch them, because Raijin's reactions were always unexpected, as were Seifer's replies to said reactions.

Word 49: Victory

She knew with a mysterious certainty that victory would be theirs one way or another; they learned to truly define victory.

Word 50: Why

Many would wonder why the posse was so close, though few saw the mix of reasons that made them that way. When Fujin was asked why, she simply replied "finish," and the one asking would wonder if she meant to say that their conversation was over or she would be angry. Maybe she was just trying to say they completed each other and would always stay together till the end.

Word 51: X-Ray

Her gaze was strong, firm, unwavering, resolute, deep, infinite, eternal; she didn't need many words because her eyes said it all. Fujin's gaze made some feel as if they were being seen with x-rays, as if the woman with silver hair could look into their very souls. Some ascertained that, in a way, she really could.

Word 52: Yarn

Fujin wasn't the knitting type. Rinoa resolved to make Squall more cheerful by fining more friends for him, deciding that his old classmates would fit the profile despite their past, or maybe to give them the chance to mend that past. Thus Fujin had no idea what to do with the yarn Rinoa gave her as a present or peace offering. However, Fujin's dilemma was soon solved when she spotted a cat in the common living room of the posse's shared home and resolved to give it the yarn to play with. But then another mystery presented itself, who had brought the cat in? Raijin was convinced by Seifer's explanation that the cat must have come in through a window, but Fujin knew the windows had been closed to keep the abundant rain out. Ironically, the cat was dry, as if someone removed the excess moist off its fur with a towel. But regardless of the contradictions, Fujin simply accepted Seifer's version of the story.

Word 53: Zoo

Seifer didn't know why he had agreed to Raijin's request to visit the zoo. The leader was rather bored looking at the animals that to him had nothing special. Then with one word from Fujin as the three were looking at a monkey, "Squall," Seifer's boredom evaporated and was replaced by limitless amusement.

End?

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VIII. Ñoño is Spanish for spoiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story