Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

I’ll Come Back For You

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Alec - Published: 2009-06-10 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 3183 words

0Unrated
A/N Hey SORRY 4 the wait. I’ve been busy, a lot of funerals

I’ll Come Back For You

But Loralee didn’t die that day. The bullet missed her heart and all vital organs, but she had lost a lots of blood, and was in isolation, for a while. But she was ok, and after a few weeks she was sent right back to training, only to find that Alec wasn't there. He was still recovering. He'd been zapped with a tazzer, then shot in the leg and back. The doctors-if you could call them that-said he might be paralyzed from the waist down, and may never be able to walk again. The bullet had been lodged in his spinal cored, but they were able to get it out, but there was still no way of knowing yet. He'd only woken up a week or two ago. He couldn't walk because of the bullet that was in his left leg, so they had to wait a while. Loralee didn't know any of this because they were never told about other trangenics, if they were: dead, dying, on a mission, KIA or MIA or in psy-ops. They always just had to wait to find out.

Loralee was hanging out with two other people from her unit. X5-218 Annabelle and X5-128 Bashiar. She'd known Bashiar, a lot longer then Annabelle, who was the new girl, that was just transferred from another group. 'Who was her CO before?' Loralee wondered to herself as they talked about...Well manticore. 'X5-766?..Is that who it was?' Loralee didn't know his name, because they were just slowly finding out that other traingenics had names too...Well every one knew that X5-599, or Zack's group had names. Well not everyone. Lydecker, didn't know. None of the ordinaries did. The trangenics may not know each other yet, but that doesn't mean they'd rat them out.

Anyway Annabelle, Bashiar, and Loralee, were sitting in there same old barracks. Well for Annabelle it was new, but she'd been there for a few days now, so it was becoming familar to her. Actually all the barracks looked the same. Thick black brick walls, one small window at the back with bars, and a door, with a little window that you could barely stick you're head out of, but it still had bars on it. The only difference was that this one was in a different location, and there was a different number on the door, then her old one. Annabelle was a bit depressed. After all, the closest thing to family she'd ever had, and the people she'd grown up with had been taken away from her over night. Literally, they'd come into Annabelle's barracks at 2:43AM and taken her from the people she loved, and the only friends she'd ever had. Then put her in a totally new place, with people she'd never seen, and wasn't ever allowed to see her old friends or family again. To make things worse she still hadn't met there/ her new C.O. She didn't even know if she'd see hers again. Well Annabelle was happy about that. She didn't really like her old CO He didn't have a name yet. So they called him, 766, which was his designation. But they would say "seven sixty-six" instead of "seven, six, six". They did that with Loralee too. They called her "Two Fourteen" in stead of 'two, one, for'"So, do you like it here, so far?" Bashiar, asked Annabelle. Bashiar, had dark skin, like Max, with night black hair, that was just above her elbow. A bit taller then Loralee, who was average height. Bashiar also had light brown eyes, and bangs that went to her jaw line, that gave her a mysterious look. She was sitting on her bed cross legged beside Loralee who was also cross-legged. In front of them was Annabelle, she had light brown hair. Dark with green eyes, and a pale complexion. She was sitting on Cece 's bed. They were all at the back of the room. Loralee's bed was the third one from the front. Alec's was right beside hers on the left closest to the door. No one slept in the first bed, because when the guard comes in and if one was mad, than he'd take it out on the closes person to him. Which is probably why Alec got in trouble so much. Annabelle's bed was just in front of Bashiar, so they were good friends. They had the whole place to them selves. Everyone else was doing drill. They were able to skip it and head back to the barracks.

"I dunno." Annabelle said. "I really miss my old group" She sad sadly looking down at nothing "But I like it here too!" She quickly said, so she wouldn't offend them. She looked back up sheepishly and blushed a little. Bashiar gave her a friendly smile before speaking.

"It's O.K.! You can feel sad, and depressed all you want. It's hard, we get it! You were just ripped apart from you're friends, you don't have to act happy around us". Bashiar soothed in her calming, yet very understanding voice. "Dammit! We're girls, well cry if we want to!" She said proudly giving the other girls her famous smile. They both smiled back at her. Annabelle's was a sad one though, and Bashiar could see the water in the corner of her eyes. "It's OK! You'll be fine!" Bashiar and Loralee both assured her, as they got off their beds, to comfort their crying friend. Annabelle cried into the arms of her friends that night, they were all in one big pile, on top on Cece's bed. And that's how they stayed that night. In one big group of crying girls. Annabelle for her family. Loralee for her best friend. And Bashiar for her dead sister, Kim and that's how Cece, and Biggs found them. 4 hours later.

**

It was about 2:00am. A 6 year old Alec was awake in his bed. Just thinking. He looked over at his group. His Unit. Then his best friend, who was also awake. Foe some reason neither of them could sleep.

OUTSIDE JUST BEYOND THE FENCE.

"Are we really gonna do this?...For all we know there all ready dead." asked a very pretty girl. She looked about 20 years old. She had blonde hair, that was in a braid, with a black elastic. She was barely noticeable in the dark, on top of a hill just outside of the gates of Manticore. She was dressed in: a tight black long sleeve T-shirt, black tight jeans, with black socks and shoes. She was tall, thin, with light blue eyes, and a great complexion.

"They're not dead! If they were just going to kill them after they were born, then why were they so careful about what we ate, and did?" Asked a girl that looked like the other one beside her. She was just a bit shorter, but just as thin. The only difference, was that she had blonde/brownie hair, held up in a ponytail. She also was very pretty with a great completion. Her eyes were a bright green, they almost looked like they could glow sometimes. Like now. With the Full moon right behind them, and the night sky full of star, her eyes almost looked animal like. "We promised ourselves, and each other, we'd get them back! Were not going to leave them hear to grow up on there own, in this hell hole!" She exclaimed, but kept her voice down. The other girl nodded. "K, we can get in though the forest." she explained and started walking to the east.

They were both in the middle of a forest. It looked like the girl with brownish hair was looking for something. A tree?

"This one!" she said and started climbing it. The blonde couldn't figure out what she was doing. Then she realized it. The tree went higher than the fence. They could just climb out onto one of the branches that went over the fence, and they'd be in. Both girls were very athletic, and had no problem doing this. They'd made it over. Still neither of them said a word. They headed towards the building, that they had lived in for 9 and a half months before they were kicked out and sent to another country. They had made it, to the building with out being spotted. Crept inside with out anyone, or anything seeing them, and cut the wires that were heat sensitive, and headed toward the barracks. They had made it to room 216. All they needed to do was make it to room 217, grab them and get the hell out. They were almost there when red flashing lights went off, and extremely loud noise could be heard every where.

INSIDE ROOM 217

Alec and Loralee had been talking to each other quietly for the last 2 hours, and were starting to get tired. When Alec had finally closed his eyes, all he could hear was ear piercing noise, and it felt like his ears would pop. He could see flashing lights, through his closed eyes. He shot his eyes open and sat up quickly, then hopped out of bed. His whole unit was already out of bed. He and Biggs were heading to the door, with everyone behind them. It was locked. But luckily he had a key, that he stole from the guard, 3 months ago. But Alec's arm wasn't long enough to go though the bars and to the lock on the other side. Biggs's arm was though. He was just a little bit taller them Alec and was able to get the door open. Biggs, Cece, Loralee, and Alec were the first to be in the hall. Everyone else had 12 inch think steal, and no key. Loralee and Alec were in front of everyone. Right in front of them was a girl with blonde hair, and another girl with Dark blonde hair, both dressed in black.

"I think we found them" the girl with brownish hair said, happy, but a little scared. Probably because of all the people around them pointing guns. As one they both looked at one another, with a knowing look to them. Then both ran toward Loralee and Alec before they could be shot, wrapped their arms around them, and put there backs to the wall. "If you kill us, they die too." She said as they both lifted the children off the floor, they were still targets in the sights of the other transgenics.

Alec had no idea how it had happened. But they were free! Well kind off, not more then 5 minutes ago, Loralee and he were inside their room talking, when these two girls, came and got them out of Manticore. Just like that. Well they weren't home free yet. They had to get out, beyond the fence, before the dogs started coming after them, and with the sound of gun shots in the background, with what sounded like Lydecker's voice over an intercom, yelling to 'get them back, no matter what'. Alec didn't care though. He was with his best friend, and hopefully would be truly free soon. ‘But when has anything gone right for me ?!’ he asked himself, as he ran faster though the woods, beside Loralee, and the 2 girls right behind them. ‘They're pretty fast, for Humans’ he told himself, but not daring to look back. He also knew that he wasn't running his fastest, neither was Loralee. They ran, fast, but not so fast that they'd blur. He'd decided it would be better to stick with these weird girls, instead of going on their own. ‘Now where is that barking coming from?’ He yelled at himself angrily. There was no way the dogs had caught up with them yet. The barking was coming from the hill ahead of them. Alec looked at Loralee, and gave the ALERT signal. He didn't wanna fight the dogs, but he didn't wont to get caught either.

Loralee looked over at Alec. He'd just signaled for them to stay alert. Probably from the barking that was just ahead of them. Loralee chanced a look back at the 2 girls that were still following them. She was thrilled that they were never going to have to see or go back to Manticore again, I mean like who wouldn't. But she was still going to miss her other friends. Like Cece, Bashiar, Annabelle, Fox and all the others. She also knew Alec would too, but he wouldn't say it for her sake, and she would be grateful for it. On the other hand she knew it might slowly eat him up. ‘Shut up Loralee!’ she hissed at herself. Knowing there was no time to be felling sorry for herself. Especially if there weren't even sure if they were going to get away or not. ‘And where is that damn barking coming from!?’ she yelled at herself to keep her mind of other things.

They were now at the top of the hill and going into the forest. Loralee's question had been answered. There just in front of them were 2 dogs. They stopped barking as soon as they saw them. Loralee wasn't sure what to think of them. They didn't look like the dogs from Manticore. Those dogs, were all Doberman, that had black collars with spikes on them. These dogs, had no collar and look different. The first one was a black and white, thin, and clean cut husky, it was lying down, but was on its feet as soon as it saw them. The second one looked like a Pitch black wolf. ‘The hell!?’ Loralee asked in her head. ‘We have wolves now?’

"Jenna, Fang!" Yelled one of the girls. "follow!" She orders, as they ran past them. The dogs obeyed and were in-between the humans and the transgenic as they ran. In Alec's and Loralee's case, ran for their freedom. But in the girls cases they were running for their lives.

They got to a river. Alec hesitated for only a fraction of a second, before jumping in the water, followed by Loralee, then the girls and finally the dogs. Alec was the first to get to the other side. Loralee and him had no problems, considering they were both great
swimmers and could see in the dark. The girls came next followed by the dogs. One of the girls must have known Manticore's dogs would follow, because she sent of the dogs to run down the river, and just keep barking. "Go Jenna" She ordered. Alec caught on to what she was thinking. ‘They'd just follow her barking and figure it would lead to the rest of them’. That's kinda smart Alec though

The girl with green eyes led them up the hill that was in front of the river. They'd been free for over an hour, now. Both transgenic knew they didn't have much time. They would have to leave the girls behind if they wonted to stay on the other side of Manticores gates. They may have been only 6 years old, but they knew as much as a navy seal did! Most importantly they knew how to survive on there own. Alec didn't really want to leave them alone out there. After all they were the reason they were now out, in the real world. On the other hand they would also only slow them down.....’Shit! What should we do?’ He looked over at the other transgenic hopping she would just tell him what to do...No Suck Luck. She just shrugged her shoulders, and gave him a look that told him to make up his mind. But it was too late. There was a helicopter coming towards them, and would be over there heads in minutes. ‘Why didn't I hear it.’ Alec hissed at himself. There was no point in running. It was over. The devil would take them back to hell, were they would live out the rest of there lives.

The green eyes girl picked up Alec and was holding him tight. REALLY tight. Same with the blonde who was holding Loralee the same way. The helicopter huvered over them until Lydecker showed up... with the one man all the children fears more then him. Mike Desmin.
AHH." He said smugly. "Loralee, Tasha, hello again." Loralee and Alec both looked shocked. ‘How the hell does he know my name’! Loralee though angerly. ‘Wonder who rated!’ She thought sadly, at the fact that another traingenic had actually ratted one of them out. But them she realized he wasn't talking to her...He was talking to the girls that were holding them. ‘Isn't Loralee a really un-commin name?’ She wondered. The only other person she new that had her name was the same person, shed taken it from. Her Mother. ‘But that can't be right!’ She insisted. Her mother was 18 when she was born. This girl only looked about...23. The same age her mother would be. "OH my god!" Loralee said out loud.
"Screw you!" The older Loralee yelled out

"Now is that anyway to treat an old Friend?" He ask just as smugly "You were never any friend of ours. You tricked us into this" she hissed back with discuss in her voice.
"All's fair in love and war...Now hand over the kids!" he demanded. "Now!" he yelled out once he realized they weren't moving

"WE are NOT giving them back" Tasha yelled, with a tone that made her sound like she owned the place.

"Too bad!" he smiled back "I'm tacking them" he finished. Tacking out his gun, pointed it, and began walking forword.

Alec smirked. They were sounding like bickering children. ‘Even we don't sound like that.’ He though... well most of the time.

"Then you'll have to kill us!" Loralee said with passion, and you could tell by the look in her eyes that she ment it

"I don't really see how that will solve anything-" he said but was cut of by Loralee again
"No. But this will!" she said swiftly and pulled out a gun, while still holding Loralee. Pointed, aimed and fired. With the twich of a finger, Mike Desmin, was lying dead on the ground with a hole in the chest right in-front of his Heart

10 year old Alec bultted up from his bed. His heart was pounding like thunder.’ It was just a dream’. He told himself. But he knew that couldn't be true. He’d hade this dream a lot. Ever since he was about 6. But he never seemed to get past the part were Mike Desmin dies. He always woke up after that. He wasn't sure why. He never dared to ask someone, he knew he'd probably get beat for it. So he kept his moth shut. He wasn't sure if he should/could ask Loralee about it. Maybe it was just his imagination. Or maybe it wasn't

A/N REVIEW! U KNOW U WOOOONA!
Sign up to rate and review this story