Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

The Lives We Live

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

It's on the 1st page

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Alec,Max - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 1941 words

0Unrated
The Lives We Live

It was 4 years later and Max and Alec had never seen each other again. Max hadn’t seen 214, and Alec hadn’t seen Ben or Zack again.

But Max wasn’t thinking about now. She was now 10, and in the middle of a war game. ‘more like just plain war’ Max thought bitterly to herself, as she cradled on the wet ground in the meddle of a forest fallowing Zack and the others. With her gun in hand, mud on her face, and a target to find, there was no way she would even be thinking about something that happened 4 years ago...Until something sparks that memorie of cores.

494 was swimming in some extremely dirty water, beside 214. They both have known each other since they were 5 mouths old, and had been in the same unit ever since. She had long blonde hair that was in a high pony tail and reached past her shoulder. Itt was now wet, and dirty. She also had bright blue eyes, a petite body, and an adorable smile. This was Loralee. His best friend. She was the one who gave him his name. Alec. Because she always said he was a ‘smart Alec’....She also said he would get himself killed if he didn’t stop. So he didn’t act up so much for her sake.

Alec had a buzz cut just like everyone else. Only the girls in HIS unit were allowed to grow there hair. All the other girls, like the ones in Lydeckers had buzz cuts too. He was told by Shirley, there Sergeant, it was so they could tell the girls, from the guys quicker....And cuz there were five girls that always put up a huge fuss when they had to get there hair cut. Ever sine, they had seen 2 female grades with long hair, they wonted it too...and before she knew it all the girls in her unit wonted it. Loralee, was one of the five girls who put up a huge fuss. Her, Bashiar, X5-218 Nathasha, X5- 317 Rachel, X5-717 and Shakera X5-576 were the ones who saw them. Alec and Biggs also saw them, but they didn’t care.

Loralee looked over at Alec who seemed a little zoned out. She gave his a small smile after he looked at her. There was mud and some other dark stuff on both there faces and clothes. As they got out of the black water, and walked on dry land. They could hear the rest of there unit getting out, and or already out telling then to keep quite, because there target was close by somewhere. None of them knew who or what there target would be. Usually if it was a person they would have know by now. So it had to be an animal. In that case, whatever animals it was it would have an X on its body somewhere. So they kept an eye out for birds. That’s usually what the animal was, because they’re small, and it’s hard to see the X. They didn’t have too keep an eye out for any other people, because they were the only ones in the forest. Manicure never had 2 unites in the forest at a time. Incase someone saw there twin, or a fight broke out. But manly because that way you don’t have to worry about shooting another transonic, thinking it was you’re target.
Alec could hear a crow somewhere up ahead. He signaled to his unit, to listen and then follow. He could see the crow now it had an X on its cheats, and was flying away.

***

Max was still behind Zack, looking for an animal with an X on its body. They’d been out there for almost an hour now, and still no animal. Then she heard a crow. She looked at Zack, and he nodded. Yes the crow had an X. It was on its chest, and it was now flying away. Max, Zack, Sly, Brin and the others were all running after it. It landed it a tree about 5 miles away. Max ran about 4/5 of that. Then took aim. Just before she could shoot her gun, Sly fell on top of her, and she missed. Or so she thought. A scream broke out, in the dead silence. She didn’t hit the bird. She hit something else....or someone else.

***

Alec and the others followed the crow, with Loralee in front, running like a wild dog. It landed it a tree about 4 1/2 miles away. They all ran as close as they dared with out it flying away. Alec was now on top on a hill and about to take aim, when he saw some other people about 50 ft away. He was sure they weren’t from his unit, because they were all behind him, except for Loralee, who was at the edge of the hill. He ignored them and looked back up at the bird about to take aim again. Then he heard a gun shot, he looked behind him, but no one had fired. He quickly looked forward when he heard a females scream but didn’t see Loralee anymore. He ran as quickly as he could to the edge of the hill only to see Loralees body lying there, with blood on her jacket, just above her stomach. He ran down the hill right beside her and lifted her head and arm, to check for a puls. It was there. She opened her eyes and in a voice just about a whisper said “ow, ya that hurt! Luckily my body broke my fall.” She said with a small smile, as her noise started dripping blood. “Ah, shit ” she cursed as she put her hand to her noise and felt the blood dripping. Then Nathasha, Rachel, and Kyle, all came running down to see what happened.
“Who did this?!” Kyle asked in his pissed off voice. Kyle had Pitch black hair, his skin was the same colour as Maxs with his dark eyes to match. He was very athletic, and sometimes had a hard time keeping his temper under control. Alec couldn’t blame him though. He was just as pissed off, probably even more!

Rachel who had bright red hair with green eyes that went with her army outfit. She was also kinda short. Well compared to the others she was, she was the right height for her age though. Nathasha was right beside her, rapping her bandanna around Loralee’s stomach trying to stop the bleeding, or stop it from getting infected. Natasha had black hair and it was striate as a board, down just past her shoulders. She had brown eyes with about 5 freckles on her noise. Her and Loralee were good friends, and you could tell by the look in her eyes, that she was also pissed off...probably just like everyone else in there unit. Who were now gathered around them.

Alec whipped some of the blood away from Loralees noise with his thumb and said. “Do you know who did this?” She shook her head. Alec stood up, and was now standing beside Kyle, who was looking at the other unit with discussed. Then asked as comely as he possibly could “Who the Hell shot 214?” He almost said Loralee’s name instead of her designation. If he’d done that he and Loralee would have gone to Phy-ops for sure. Loralee for having a name and Alec for not telling there sergeant about it. He looked around and no one said anything. There was a boy with blonde hair he thought he recognized but quickly dismissed it. He got mad when no one would answer him. So he yelled this time “Answer me!” This time a girl walked forward. She looked like everyone else. With her hair buzzed cut and her army clothes.

“I did” she said with no emotion looking at him weirdly.

Max had just amid her gun at the crow before Sly fell on top of her thanks to Krit, who was pushed by Brin. She fell a little, but not before her finger pulled the trigger. She knew right off the bat that she missed....Not even 1 second after the shot she heard a female scream. Right after the scream, a body fell onto the ground from the hill. Max knew she had shot her, but she was in too much shook. There was blood coming from just above her stomach. Help her. Max looked at her more closely and realized that this girl wasn’t from there unit. Just as she realized that a boy about her age came running down the hill were the girl fell from. ‘Its Ben!’ Max though a bit relived. She wasn’t sure why but she was. ‘Waite. Isn’t Ben with Lydecker?...must have came back early ’ she told herself. ‘Who are the other people? ’ she asked her self as she then saw 2 girls, one with red hair the other with black hair and a boy also with black hair follow Ben down.

The boy with black hair looked extremely pissed. He yelled out to there unit “Who did this!” Then a lot more kids came running down the same hill, all either with: surprised, shocked or pissed off looks on there faces. Ben said something to the girl that even with Max’s hearing couldn’t make out. Then he also got up and stood beside the 2nd boy. Max was surprised at how angry and mad he looked.

“Who the hell did this?!” Ben said with a bit of Anger in his voice. Witch was weird because they didn’t even know this girl, or these people. Max didn’t answer. Then Ben got madder and yelled out to there unit “Answer me!” Max decided she should tell him. Not that it mattered, anyway. The girl is probably gonna die anyway. So Max steeped forward and as emotionally said “I did ” then looked at him weird when she saw him get even madder.

“YOU!” He screamed at her as he ran towards her a full speed. Faster then she’d ever seen Ben run.


***

Alec was pissed as Hell! He’d just found out who shot his best friend. This little bitch. He ran at her at full speed. Tackling her to the ground, and punched her in the face. He did it again, and was about to do it again, until she kicked him off her, and did a back flip, so now they were both standing up face-to-face. Max went to kick him, but he skillfully ducked. He then did a round house kick, and got her in the jaw. Max fell backwards from the impact. She was really confused. Why was her brother attacking her. And when did he get so strong and fast. She bounced back up, and landed a kick to Alecs stomach. It didn’t seem to faze him though. He just smacked her across the face, and grabbed her throat. He started squeezing it until she looked like she was about to die. That’s when he felt the sharp pain cut into his back. A bullet. Then another one cut into his leg, and he lost his balance and let go of Max’s throat. Then he knew he was getting zapped by the teasers. But he wasn’t scared of what they may or may not do to him. He was scared that Loralee his best friend, was dead


READ and
E
A
V
I
E
W
Sign up to rate and review this story