Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Can't Get Past the Horror

by jajajajaime16 10 reviews

It's almost funny how these two can go from funeral mode to...other things...Notice the ALMOST funny...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-06-11 - Updated: 2009-06-11 - 1125 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Dani woke up in the Way family car, way beyond confused. "Gerard?"

"Right here," he said from above her. Before she could ask anything else, he added, "We...we were out in the woods for a while. You remember..." He looked at his parents in the front seats who were having their own conversation and his brother right next to him and blushed. "Falling asleep with me...right?"

"Yeah. I didn't get that much sleep last night...I'm sorry." She realized she was leaning all over him, and sat up straight swiftly.

"Don't be. Anyway, Dad came looking for us and he could wake me up, but the two of us didn't want to disturb you," he said quietly, his face still pink. "You looked too cute," he whispered in her ear.

She turned to Mikey, who obviously hadn't heard a thing. "Oh, really?"

Gee raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Really. So we sort of half-carried you to the car."

Suddenly, she began to panic. "What time is it?"

Out of nowhere, Mikey spoke up. "11:58 and twenty seconds."

Okay, I've got plenty of time, Dani thought. "Wow. Nice watch."

Donna turned in her seat to look at Dani. "You're welcome to stay for lunch, if you'd like. I'm making spaghetti."

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't want you to feel obligated. I'm sure you just want to spend time with your family," she said thoughtfully.

Such a nice girl Gee picked out, Donna thought quietly. "Don't be ridiculous. If didn't want you here, I'd have shooed you away by now for sure!"

Dani laughed. "Er...thanks?" She paused. "I can help you with the cooking if you need any."

"That'd be wonderful! God knows these boys can't cook. Remember when you burned the entire counter with that pan of grilled cheese, Gerard? And don't even get me started on Mikey and toasters!" (A/N: LOL)

Gerard smiled and leaned back in his seat, most of the overwhelming grief and pressure relieved for the moment. "Are they...bonding?" he whispered to Mikey.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A few hours later most of the mourners had cleared out of the house and Dani was helping Donna clean up the kitchen.

Her dress snagged on the dishwasher, so she shrugged and ripped part of it off.

Donna noticed a shoelace underneath the long skirt of the dress. "Are you wearing sneakers?" she asked.

Dani saw no point in lying. "Uh-huh. I don't own a pair of heels. And this was my mom's dress."

Donna smiled slightly. "Practical."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Gerard grabbed Dani's hand and pulled her with him. "C'mon."

She followed him down the flight of stairs until they reached the dark basement.

"So...yeah. This is my room..." He stood behind her and watched her investigate her surroundings.

"Interesting..." Dani stopped at his desk, spying the slightly dusty copy of X-Men, the various art supplies, random doodles scratched right onto the wood, and then the beautiful rosary sitting in the corner.

She gently picked it up by the chain. "Was this..."

"Yes," he answered before she asked. "She left it to me in her will. I didn't really want it at first...so I left it right there where I didn't have to see it most of the time." A single tear started to escape the confines of his eye, and he brushed it away, but not quick enough.

Dani set down the necklace and walked back over to him, nearly crushing his body in a hug. "I know you don't want to cry," she mumbled into his shoulder. "I know you think it makes you weak. Believe me, been there, done that." She paused. "But every once in a while you have to. You have to let go, eventually."

He let a few more silent tears fall while she ran her fingers through his hair, trying to calm him. That feel nice.

His hair is so soft and- Her thoughts were cut short when Gerard kissed her sweetly. It quickly escalated, his mouth hot and insistent, as was hers. She backed them up until the backs of her legs made contact with the bed.

He was cautious and surprised beyond belief at her actions, but he was too far gone to say anything about it. "I'm so glad I already locked my door," he whispered when they broke apart for a few seconds.

He let her push him down onto the bed, ready for this whole new side of her. She tangled her hands in his black hair again, then let Gerard flip them over so that he was hovering over her.

"Dani?" he said quietly, still trying to catch his breath.

In an instant, she knew exactly what he was asking. "It's fine. I'm fine, keep going."

"I don't want to hur-" She cut him off with a hand over his mouth and started to unbutton his dress shirt, hoping he'd get the hint.

And he did. He unzipped the sides of her dress, his hands shaking.

Even though she didn't expect what happened next, he did. As he pulled it off her shoulders, starting to feel the skin just above her bra, she tensed, but didn't say anything. Dani didn't want to ruin anything, even though they both knew it wasn't right.

He sat back a little and zipped her dress back up for her.

After he finished adjusting his clothes, Gerard heard her crying softly, curled up in a ball right next to him.

"Sh..." He moved to hug her, but she reacted badly.

"Don't touch me!" she said loudly.

He closed his eyes and sighed, scooting away from Dani.

After a few more minutes of silence, she apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you."

He held out his arms. "Can I just hold you?"

She nodded and let him cradle her like a little kid. "I can't ever be with you because of what he...does to me. I can't get past the horror and just let myself feel."

"It's okay..." Gerard muttered. "I can't believe that you're the one apologizing. It's my fault."

"I need to get home." Dani changed the subject. "I can't be late."

"I will get you out of there," Gerard promised. "Soon."


*depressed sigh*
I know that this is probably a little hard to get...but I tried to make it easy to understand.
I have nothing to say, again, except to
review +
rate
On a lighter note, thank you all so much for the truckload of reviews. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right...even though I feel like I'm cheating (I'm only making up the Gerard parts-even the 'Frank' parts were real)
Song for this chapter- "Crawling" by Linkin Park (One of my favorite songs-ever)
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story