Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Anger

by ILuvTracii 0 reviews

In which Vanessa tells Julie off and in which Erin comes to visit Axl . . .

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-06-14 - Updated: 2009-06-14 - 1601 words - Complete

0Unrated
“You told her that!” Axl laughed. She was visiting him in his new hospital room and she just got finished telling him about the chat her and his mother had. She nodded as she got up and threw back the curtains of his window. He was getting better, his color was coming back to him and he was changing back into his old self (“Minus the temper tantrums hopefully,” Steven joked in which Axl shot him a dirty look).
“Yeah, Slash said I wasn’t being too harsh, but was I?” She asked him uneasily and Axl shook his head.
“Naw, she had it coming anyway. I was going to tell her when I got better but now I don’t have to. Thank you baby, I owe you one, really.” He said as she sat back down.
“When are you coming home?” She asked him and he smiled a weak smile.
“To tell you the truth, I have no fucking idea. The doctors told me that they want to make sure that I’m clean and not addicted to coke anymore,” He said.
“Are you?” She asked him uneasily and he shrugged.
“I’m not going to lie to you, I still get tons of cravings but I feel like I’m getting better,” He told her. He looked at her and smiled.
“Is it true what Slash said?”
“Is what true?” she asked him uneasily, thinking immediately that Slash told him the truth of Brandon’s paternity.
“That you and Tommy got a divorce?” He asked her and she smiled and laughed a little.
“Yeah, we settled our differences and we both agreed that you deserve me more,” She told him.
“What about Brandon?”
“We haven’t decided that quite yet,” She said. “But don’t worry, we will,”
“Am I interrupting something?”
They both turned to look at the door and standing there was a woman with long brown hair and blue eyes. “Erin, what are you doing here?” He asked her. Vanessa was shocked to see a flicker of love in Axl’s eyes as he looked at her.
“Well, Steven called me and told me all about your accident and how you risked your life trying to save hers,” Erin said, motioning toward Vanessa. Vanessa sensed that she was hurt when she said that.
“S-should I go?” Vanessa asked him hesitantly, her eyes moving back and forth between Axl and Erin.
“No baby . . .” Axl said, finally looking at her. He shook his head again for better emphasis. “I and Erin don’t know each other anymore you see,” Erin’s voice made him turn his eyes back onto hers.
“I just came by t-to see if you were okay. I-I can see that you are,” She said, laughing a little. Her hands were twisting and turning in front of her, conveying her nervousness perfectly. Vanessa almost felt a flicker of sympathy for the slightly older woman.
“Erin if you want to tell me something, just come out and say it,” he said, a hint of pain in his voice. She had betrayed in court when they were getting divorced. She made him out to be a bipolar dickhead who loved to anally rape his wife.
“I’m sorry I filed for a divorce,” She confessed weakly. “You see . . . I didn’t know I loved you until you were gone from my life. You know, like Cinderella says, you don’t know what you got till its gone,”
“Why are you saying sorry to me? It was totally my fault, I admit it. I was the one that beat you,” He told her. “There was actually very few things that you lied about in court,”
She flinched when he said that. She knew exactly what he was talking about. “I know that, but I finally realized that I was happy with you!” She said vehemently, knowing she was losing the battle. “After I saw how you are with this girl, I realized that you could possibly love me again. After all that I’ve done to you, possibly you could learn to love me again,” He shook his head.
“I’m sorry Erin, I truly am, but I’m married now a-and me and Vanessa are expecting our second baby soon,” He told her.
“Oh, then I’m sorry I even came here then. I feel as if I’ve made a fool of myself!” She said, blushing madly. “Well congratulations then. I’m glad you two are okay., and that you two are happy together,” She added as she turned around and walked quickly from the room. Axl groaned and let his head fall back on the pillow.
“I’m getting no sleep at all! That’s happening every fucking day while I’m here,” He groaned and Vanessa looked at him in alarm and shock.
“People are visiting you here everyday?” She asked him in alarm and he nodded as he put his hand to his head.
“Stephanie came yesterday, as did Steven also. Duff and Izzy came the day before last. Mother has been coming almost everyday now, trying to convince me to trust her again,” He told her and Vanessa groaned and plopped back in her chair.
“I knew I should have stayed here with you!” She groaned again and he looked at her in surprise.
“Why?”
“So you could get at least some rest. The more rest you get the sooner you’ll be able to come home to me and Brandon,” She said and he smiled weakly and laughed a little.
“They don’t care if I got two-hundred tons of sleep and rest, they still wouldn’t let me go. Vanessa I sniffed up a lot of coke. Besides you already spent enough time away from Brandon. Also . . .” he told her. “Think of the shock he’ll get when he learns Tommy wasn’t his real father,” Vanessa nodded and smiled a small smile.
What a surprise you’ll get when you figure out that your not his real father, she thought sheepishly.
There was a knock on the door and Axl groaned again. “If that’s my Goddamn mother again, I’m going to fucking scream my head off!” He groaned angrily.
“Be sure to do the Welcome to the Jungle scream,” She said playfully as she got up and walked over to the door. He nodded in agreement, a grin on his face. She opened the door and sure enough, there was Julie standing in the doorway. She looked surprised when she saw Vanessa standing in the doorway and her brows furrowed in confusion.
“What are you doing here?” They asked each other at the same time.
“I’m here looking after Axl and keeping him company. What are you doing here?” Vanessa asked her coldly.
“I’m here to see him too,”
“I’m afraid that he doesn’t want to see you anymore. You better not have been feeding him lies about his childhood while I was gone,” She said threateningly. Her gray eyes were now an icy gray, and shooting darts at his mother. Vanessa leaned against the open door and raised her eyebrows.
“He tells me that you’ve been visiting him everyday now? I wonder why that is?” Julie rolled her eyes and tried to push past Vanessa but Vanessa stood her ground and Julie was unsuccessful. “You want to see Axl, you have to get past me and I doubt you would be able to,” Her voice was dangerously icy and cold. Her tone roared, I-dare-you-to-try-and-get-past-me. Julie simpered.
“Your protecting him, oh how sweet,” She simpered and Vanessa raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah, something you know nothing about Julie,”
Julie’s mouth fell open and Vanessa left her standing there, her mouth hanging open in shock as Vanessa closed the door. When she turned around, Axl was clapping, a look of approval on his face.
“Ouch, I must say,” He said, smiling and she gave a strained smile and pretended to cry.
“Thank you! You like me, you really like me!” She joked in a playfully choked out voice and Axl laughed.
“I can’t wait until I get out of here. We can get married and there’s nothing, Mother or Stephanie can do about it. I can help raise Brandon too,”
“Tell ya what?” She said looking thoughtful for a moment. “How about I plan the wedding and when you get out of here, we can escape to get married with our closet guests and friends at Whitley Stadium?” She proposed and he nodded.
“You know what, I like that idea a lot, but I have to warn you, these doctors are very stubborn,” He said and she cocked her head.
“Are you saying I won’t be able to get you out of this shit hole any sooner?”
“I wasn’t even proposing that but yeah,”
“Axl this is fucking bullshit!” She said, getting an angry look on her face. “I will get you out of this hell hole if it’s the last thing I fucking do!”
“I don’t want to say this Vanessa, but, good luck, your gonna need it,” He told her as she snatched up her purse and walked over to him where she kissed him.
“I love you and I’ll talk to the nurses about seeing that Julie doesn’t come in here anymore,” She sighed and he grinned as he kissed her back lovingly.
“I love you too baby, and thank you,” He replied and she hugged him before leaving the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story