Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Safe Ride

by killxsmile 4 reviews

"I'll be your safe ride home when you call me. I'll be everything and more when you call my name."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-14 - Updated: 2009-06-14 - 1119 words

1Original
Author's Note: Sweet! Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

THANK YOUS
ohhai: 10 cool points to you! I’m glad I got you’re attention with that line. Thanks for reading!

xoconverse: Although you weren’t the first to notice it, you also get 10 cool points. ;)

somethingorother: It sounds like high school because it is high school. Although the music featured in this story is modern, that’s just my artistic license talking. Welcome to Dulaney High School’s senior class of ‘06.

tryingtohard_x: Lmfao. You’re hilarious.

tonytay113: Glad I’ve got you intrigued.

everyone who reviewed: random fact: MJ’s character is based off Caroline from Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. If you haven’t read the book and watched the movie, you should get on that pronto.


storytime.

“Alex,” I said, smiling. “Long time no see.”

“Not for lack of trying,” he said, leaning against the banister. “You’re a tough person to find.”

“Or maybe you’re just not looking hard enough,” I quipped.

“Maybe.”

“Oh my god, Drea. Your hair is so soft,” MJ said, nuzzling into my neck. “I looove it.”

Alex let out a laugh and continued smirking.

“Is she gonna be alright?” he asked.

“YEAH!” she yelled, forgetting that she was centimeters away from my ear. “But I kinda flushed my keys down the toilet…”

“And she’s my ride home so--”

“That’s down the toilet, too,” MJ continued, giggling as she rested her head against my neck.

“So you ladies need a ride, then?”

“Yeah,” I said, scanning the room for just that. Alex was good for a quite a few things-- an alibi, a beer, a sarcastic comeback, a pair of skinny jeans, a good kiss, a great fuck, and even a boyfriend (sometimes) -- but he was not a guy I’d rely on to take me home.

“Me and Jack were actually about to leave. We could give you ladies a lift if you wanted.”

“Where was this Alex when we dated?” I playfully asked.

“He was too busy getting lost in those gorgeous eyes of yours.”

Oh, the Gaskarth charm. It worked every time.

“Dude,” MJ loudly spoke into my ear. “He wants to bang you. Hard.”

“I know,” I smirked, looking him in the eyes.

He playfully bit his lip and maintained eye contact with me.

“Alex, I’m ready to bounce!” Jack said, running up to us.

“Barakat, I’m gonna fucking KILL YOU!” screamed a voice from the basement.

“Holy fuck, what did you do?” Alex asked the lanky boy pulled him toward the door.

“Run now, explain later!”

We didn’t need to be told twice. MJ and I followed the two boys out of the house and quickly got into Alex’s car.

“Shit, I think I can still see him!” Jack said, looking at the rear view mirror as the car pulled into traffic.

“Fuck, go faster!” I said.

“Ha, that’s what she said!” MJ said, bursting into laughter.

“So what the fuck did you do?” Alex asked, making a right.

“So I needed to use the bathroom, right? But there was a huge ass line, so I kind of took a piss in a cup--mind you, I was kind of, well, really drunk when I did it-- and it was awesome because I actually didn’t miss.”

“If you didn’t miss, then what was the problem?”

“Zack bet me $20 that I wouldn’t pour it onto Frank’s head.”

“Frank Lesser?!” I said, wide eyed.

Frank Lesser = insane meth head = DO NOT MESS WITH.

“Dude, I’m drunk and fucking high as a motherfucking kite on motherfucking Mars, and I wouldn’t do that shit,” MJ said.

“You better put that $20 toward a new identity or something because Frank’s fuck you up when he finds you,” Alex said, adding to the apprehension.

“I KNOW!”

“Chill, Barakat,” MJ said, digging through her purse. “Here, you need this more than I do.”

With that, she handed him a blunt and a lighter. Without a second thought, he lit it and took a hit. In minutes, the front seat was filled with smoke. Mary was never one to miss out on fun, so she lit one up for herself before reaching forward to the console and turning the CD player on.

I’ll be your safe ride home when you call me. I’ll be everything and more when you call my name…

“I like this song,” I quietly said, leaning against MJ’s shoulder.

“Me too.”

As Alex continued driving, we mumbled the lyrics while drifting in and out of sleep. Then before I knew it, he had pulled into my driveway and put the car into park.

When we opened the doors, the four of us spilled out, somewhat disoriented, but a lot more mellow than we had been on the drive there.

“Wow, you remembered where I live,” I commented, walking toward my porch.

“I’m not that trashed,” Alex defended. “And for your information, I really liked you. You’re the only girl I’ve never cheated on,” he said, hugging me to his side. This posed as a problem since Mary was already latched onto my other side.

“Jack, a little help?”

He managed to pull Alex off, allowing me to open my purse and dig my keys out. After a few failed attempts, I was able to unlock the front door.

“Is your mom home?” MJ asked, stepping inside.

“No. She won’t be getting back until next Saturday,” I replied, slipping my shoes off.

“Andy, do you think me and Jack could crash here tonight?” Alex asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Iono…”

Although I’d had a lot to drink and the weed had me a little hazy, I knew that a sleepover with boys could be trouble.

“C’mon, Drea. They’re sleepy, half-drunk, and half-stoned,” MJ defended. “Don’t be a bitch.”

Even high, she made a good point.

“Alright, you can stay. Just don’t puke or piss on anything.”

“Thanks, Andrea,” Jack said, flopping onto the couch.

“Where am I gonna sleep?” Alex asked.

“Shit. I’d offer you my mom’s room, but if she smelled the weed, she’d kill me…”

“So do I get to sleep with you?” with anything but innocence in this voice.

“I’m kind of drunk, but not that drunk, Gaskarth.”

Since it was dark, I couldn’t really tell what his expression was, but I’m pretty sure he was pouting.

“But I’ll give you a few pillows and you can crash on my floor.”


+++++
Comments? Questions? Complaints?
Click the 'Review Story' link below and do yo thang.
^___^
Sign up to rate and review this story