Categories > Original > Fantasy > Merchant Of Death

Chapter Seventeen

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-06-14 - Updated: 2009-06-15 - 394 words

0Unrated
I stared at him for a moment.
“He only wants you,” Peter said softly. “Hope and I can go with the rest of the ship.”
I felt my heart breaking in a million pieces but I knew there was no other way.
“I will,” I said, as I looked in Peter’s eyes telling him silently that I loved him.
Peter nodded, the same sorrow I was feeling evident in his eyes.
I got off the bed and gently laid Hope in Peter’s arms before kissing her and him.
“I love you both,” I whispered, “I will always be with you.”
“I love you too,” Peter whispered, tears shining in his eyes as I left the cabin.
I went up to the deck and stopped at the railing of the ship where Piero waited.
“I will go with you,” I said, and he smirked before grasping my elbow and helping me over the railing. I was lowered into a small boat and looked up to see Peter standing there, holding Hope and watching me leave.
Piero got in the boat and we were rowed out to a ship where I was taken aboard.
Piero roughly grabbed me and dragged me against him.
“Now you will watch your lover and bastard die,” he snarled, then gave the order to fire upon the ship.
“You promised that you would spare them,” I screamed trying to yank away from him and he laughed before slapping me.
“I lied,” he said.
I watched with horrified eyes as the ship Peter and Hope were in was fired upon, a wail of anguish rising up from my throat as a hole was suddenly blasted into the ship and it began to sink.
“Nooo!” I moaned, “please no.”
I watched with horrified fascination as people tried to jump off the ship, as they were shot and killed one by one by a sniper on the ship.
Finally the ship sank, leaving in its wake, burning wreckage and dead bodies.
Almost as if I was dreaming I felt myself sink to my knees.
“Peter, Hope,” I whispered, feeling my heart shatter, wanting nothing more then to join them in death.
I began to sob, as I fell to the deck, heart wrenching sobs that shook my whole body.
I closed my eyes, willing myself to die and slowly sank into darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story