Categories > Original > Fantasy > Merchant Of Death

Chapter Sixteen

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-06-13 - Updated: 2009-06-14 - 464 words

0Unrated
I suddenly propelled my body up and broke the surface of the water, thankful that I still had Hope in my arms. For a moment I checked to make sure she was alright.
Miraculously even with the fall into the water, she was sound asleep and breathing normal.
Quickly I shifted her to one arm and began to swim, knowing Piero would be after me soon.
I heard a splashing sound and knew there was a boat out there, cursing under my breath, I began to swim as fast as I could but I was no match for the boat. It gained on me, then a strong pair of hands reached down and hauled me out of the water.
“Please, no,” I cried as I was laid on the bottom of the boat and I turned, clutching Hope to me tightly, expecting to see Piero’s angry face.
Instead, to my disbelief Peter was kneeling beside me, a concerned look on his face.
“Chalise are you alright?” He whispered, gently caressing my face. “Is hope alright?”
For a moment I stared at him, then I began to cry and sat up, hugging him tightly.

He took both of us to his cabin and got dry clothing for me, gently taking Hope and wrapping her in a warm blanket.
“After you and Hope disappeared I almost went crazy,” he said as we laid on the bed together, Hope asleep between us.
He gently rubbed my back as he stared into my eyes.
“Then our spies reported that you had been taken to another island,” he said, “then Michael and I quickly got a crew together and sailed out.”
He gently kissed me, pulling me as close as he could.
“We reached the island just as you jumped off that cliff,” he whispered. “It almost killed me seeing you do that. I thought for sure I had lost you forever.”
I shook my head.
“You haven’t lost me,” I said softly. “I’m here, in your arms and I’ll stay that way forever.”
He smiled and kissed me again.
“I won’t leave you this time, I promise,” he said.
“I won’t let you leave,” I said as I slowly kissed him back.
He started to speak when an explosion rocked the boat, almost throwing us from the bed.
“Stay here,” he said, and quickly got up, he went to the door and left the room as I held Hope.
After a few moments he came back.
“Piero is attacking,” he said, “he’s given word that the only way he’ll won’t sink the ship is if you go with him willingly.”
For a moment he stared at me then continued in a whisper.
“He wants you to become his wife.”
Sign up to rate and review this story