Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Team of Rivals

Waiting is the Hardest Part

by BrianJ

Thirty-six hours is a lifetime in politics...even the kind strange bedfellows make.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Humor - Characters: Harry,Neville,Pansy - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-06-16 - Updated: 2009-06-17 - 3364 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: I've had a lot of ideas flowing for this story; they just refuse to come in chronological order. I am considering writing up a one-shot, tentatively entitled "Don't Get Well Soon," from one such scene. Let me know if you're interested.

Harry awoke early on Tuesday to find himself alone in bed for the first time since Friday morning. Pansy had left a brief note, telling him to be in a certain classroom at 7 pm the following evening.

'It's going to be about... thirty-six hours until I find out what Pansy's surprise is. All I need to do,' he pondered, 'is avoid thinking about sex until then. Considering I was a virgin until three days ago, how hard can that be?'

Harry would soon find out. Not because it's impossible to avoid thinking about something you're told not to think about (although that doesn't help), but because Harry was, after all, the elected boyfriend of several girls who were under no such constraint. Elections have consequences, as they say.

**********

When Harry come down to breakfast, Hermione was waiting for him.

"How was Pansy?" she asked sweetly.

Harry didn't pretend to misunderstand her. "Very active, thank you. Pansy is very good about letting you know when she's happy."

"I've narrowed down my search for a meeting place. I know what section of Hogwarts, a History to look in, to within a hundred pages. I should be able to find it tonight."

Hermione beamed, as she anticipated learning something new and useful, now her second favorite sensation.

"Do you need any help? I'm not doing anything special this evening," Harry offered.

"No, I think I have things under control, Harry. But thank you anyway- it's good to know that you're there when I need you." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek... and surreptitiously, a hand ghosting over the front of his trousers. Harry looked at her in surprise.

"Yes, Harry. I needed you last night. And after tomorrow, I'm sure I'll need you again soon," Hermione whispered in his ear. She got up and walked away, with a grin that showed that her parents' dental advice had been well heeded.

Harry crossed his legs, thought of Umbridge in a bikini, and continued with breakfast.

***********

McGonagall's Transfiguration class had just ended, giving Harry and the other Gryffindors fifteen free minutes. The girls trotted off to the bathroom en masse.

"Some things never change," Harry muttered to himself, remembering fourth year.

"What's that?" asked Neville.

"Sorry, just talking to myself." He turned to his friend. "How are things going with you and Mandy? I heard that the two of you got to know each other better in the greenhouse."

Neville blushed, as Harry realized the other interpretation of his words a few seconds too late. "Well... she really is a nice girl, and I think we get along well. I may visit her over the Christmas break, if my grandma agrees. I don't know what will happen from there."

"I really don't know her very well, Neville," Harry conceded. "I'm sure you'll be a better boyfriend for her than I could be."

"I'm not sure about that, but thanks, Harry. I hope you're treating whoever won alright," Neville replied.

"They don't seem to have any complaints," Harry responded.

"They?" Neville asked blankly.

"The election ended in a tie. It's... complicated, Neville. I'll have to describe it to you later," Harry explained, rather sheepishly. Neville accepted this, mostly because the halls were beginning to empty as students started to go to their next classes. Neville walked away, with Harry slowly trailing him.

One hall away from Flitwick's Charms classroom, an unobtrusive wooden door was ajar. As Harry walked by, a hand shot out, grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him in, closing the door behind him.

Harry didn't lose his head; fight enough battles and you'll learn at least some survival instincts. A Lumos spell let him see what he was up against, an Expelliarmus spell rendered his opponent wandless, and a new spell he'd just read about from his Potions book- Manos Ligaros- bound his attacker's hands together and pulled them overhead, where they stuck to the door. It took Harry less than five seconds to perform all three spells.

This gave him a chance to look at his opponent, who was tall, slim, blonde, and...

"Lavender?"

"Um, hi, Harry," she replied sheepishly. Harry thought she was trying to wave, but the last spell he'd cast made that impossible.

"Why did you attack me?" Harry asked, bewildered.

"I wasn't trying to attack you. I just wanted a chance to talk with you alone. I haven't had a chance to be with you since the election! I remember hearing the broadcast and..." Lavender trailed off.

Now that he wasn't being attacked, Harry took a closer look at Lavender Brown. She stood about four inches shorter than Harry, with the slim build of the model he knew she wanted to be. Her blue eyes sparkled, and her blonde hair was straight and waist-length. Her breasts weren't very large, but they stood proud and firm, with nipples clearly visible through her blouse. Her skirt was as short as Hogwarts rules permitted, or maybe a bit shorter.

Harry cast a Muffliato spell at the door to prevent sound from carrying through it. "Did Hermione promise you something?" Harry asked.

"Before the election, she said that I could be with you two nights a week," Lavender explained. "But on Sunday, she told me that there'd been a tie and that I'd have to settle for less. I understand, it's just that..."

"That what?" Harry asked.

"... I'd been getting my hopes up and now I'm at the back of the line. I was hoping to talk to you, to get you to understand my situation..."

"To get to 'know me better?'" Harry just couldn't stop himself.

After several seconds of blushing, Lavender nodded.

"You know, I could just leave you here, hanging from the open closet door, and you'd get what you deserved for grabbing me." Lavender paled, until she saw the grin on Harry's face. "I've made promises to the others, you know. I don't think I can break them just for you," Harry continued as Lavender started to hang her head.

"But, if you're willing..." Harry broke off as he bent down to kiss and run his hands up Lavender's long legs. "I've got to be quick though." Maybe fifteen seconds later, his hands had reached the hem of Lavender's skirt; ten or so seconds after that, they'd reached the junction of her legs to find...

"You've been planning ahead, haven't you?" Harry chuckled.

"Maybe," Lavender tittered. She then gasped as Harry worked a finger, then two, inside her.

"Was that good?" Harry asked ingenuously. Lavender could only moan.

"Too bad I don't have the time to do this properly. Hermione gave me some pointers. Let me know if I do anything wrong." With this request, Harry ducked his head under Lavender's skirt and got to work with lips, teeth, and tongue.

Harry learned a lot over the next three minutes. He learned that if he -just- scraped one of his fingernails on Lavender's clitoris, he could get her to moan loudly. Rubbing his lips on it, on the other hand, made her keen softly. And a quick, steady rhythm with his tongue between her inner lips would lead to Lavender first grasping his head with her thighs, then gushing warm fluids onto his face, and finally hanging limp.

A soft Scourgify spell removed the evidence of Harry's work. When he cast Finite Incantatem on Lavender to release her, however, she swayed dangerously and would have fallen if Harry hadn't taken her in his arms.

Harry chivvied her, "Lavender, we've got to go. Class will be starting in-" he looked at her watch- "about a minute. Now come on." Her only response was closer to a purr than anything else.

Harry was, once again, glad for all the exercise that Oliver and Katie put him through. The work gave him enough strength to support Lavender as they shuffled their way to Flitwick's class, and to get seats at the back before Lavender's name was read from the roll. Hermione took Lavender's hand to help control her fall into her seat. Fortunately, the attention of most of the class's other members was on Professor Flitwick. Neville's look toward Harry was tinged with disbelief; Harry could only shrug.

***********

At lunch, Lavender was occupying a seat next to Hermione, with Katie on her other flank. Thus, Harry decided to visit Susan and the Hufflepuffs instead.

"Lavender looks awfully happy," noted Hannah Abbott.

"Well, we had a bit of a private talk this morning about the election. I think she was pretty pleased with what I had to say," Harry responded.

Susan stuck her tongue out. Hannah's eyes went wide for a couple of seconds, but she recovered quickly. "Ah, I don't suppose we could 'talk,' could we, Susan?"

"Not you too," Harry moaned.

"Hannah, remember the Hufflepuff Way. If you have to 'talk' with Harry, then I should be there so we can do it together," Susan responded quite calmly.

"Susan, we do need to talk. With words," Harry emphasized.

Once they finished eating, Harry pulled Susan aside on her way to the Hufflepuff common room. "What is with you? Come to think of it, what's with Hermione and Lavender?"

Susan started, "Well, we heard about the deal that Pansy struck with you, and we figured..."

"That you'd torture me for the next day and a half?" Harry countered.

"That we'd remind you of what you were missing," Susan corrected, smiling.

"Susan, this really seems to be important to Pansy. I think I owe it to her to abide by her requests, unless they're unreasonable or dangerous. I'd do the same for you, or for any of the others," Harry pledged.

"Harry, tell me that you don't enjoy it. I dare you," Susan challenged. When Harry stayed silent for a few seconds, Susan continued. "If we're going to make this arrangement work, then we've got to have some fun every once in a while! We really do care for you, Harry. We really wanted to win the election, and I'm actually kind of glad things worked out as they did. This way, I get to know the other girls better."

Harry may have missed his own double entendre earlier in the day, but he caught this one. "Are you getting together without me?"

"Well, we do have to coordinate who gets to sleep with you and who gets the invisibility cloak. Hermione's said that she hopes to find a place for us for the long term," Susan explained. "Until then, we've got to be careful to get together without having Dumbledore and the professors come down on us. I'm sure you agree with that." Harry nodded, remembering his time putting together schedules while running the DA.

"I guess that means it'll be Thursday night before I have you in my arms again," Susan figured. "I can wait, I suppose," she said while sighing wistfully, "But I look forward to your hands running down my body and your lips on my..."

"Susan," Harry growled.

She smiled again. "Don't worry, Harry. I won't make your life any harder than it already is. I'll talk to Hermione," and with that, she walked away, wiggling her hips.

Evidently, she really did; there would be no more flirting for the rest of the afternoon.

***********

As the evening wore on, Harry was wondering if anyone would be waiting for him in his bed. He'd come to enjoy the company as much as the... activity.

To his pleased surprise, he found Luna waiting for him in his bed when he came up at 9:30. To his even more pleased surprise, he found her completely covered by her robe.

"Good evening, Harry. I told you that it was important not to make you undress yourself, and I meant what I said," Luna explained. "I take my duties seriously."

"Thank you, Luna. I really do appreciate it," Harry smiled as Luna reached for his shirt.

"I know that you made a promise to Pansy, so even though I was hoping you might pound me through the mattress, I won't make you do it," Luna continued, composedly.

"Luna," Harry tried to stop her, but she was having none of it.

"I appreciated what you did for me on Election Night, and I must admit that I was really looking forward to a few more orgasms," Luna breezily added, as she finished unbuttoning the shirt and started to work on his pants. "But I know that this is important to her, and I made sure to get a favor from her."

"Dare I ask what?" Harry inquired as Luna started working his pants down, with his help.

"Oh, you'll both see," Luna chuckled. "Now let me get dressed for bed." This was a simple procedure; she undid her robe to reveal nothing but skin beneath. Luna may have been the youngest of Harry's girlfriends, but she already had a woman's body- generous breasts with rosy nipples, a slim waist and hips, and surprisingly long legs.

"Um, Luna?" Harry asked, voice shaking a bit. "Why didn't you bring your pajamas, or something to sleep in?"

"This is what I always sleep in," Luna responded, with a hint of reproach. "Surely, you're not going to be such a mean boyfriend as to make me change my sleeping habits, are you?"

"No, no, it's just that... it makes it harder for me to keep my promise," Harry replied. He really didn't want to force his girlfriends to do things they didn't want to.

"That's settled then," Luna replied happily. "Just one more thing to take care of." With that, she picked up her wand and waved it in a complex pattern between her legs. "You've probably noticed that most of us don't have any hair down here," Luna casually noted, waving her hand where her wand had been.

"Ummm..." Harry was trying to notice something- anything- else.

"There was a serious infestation of Levian Lice in the seventeenth century. They loved to make their homes in warm wet nests in close proximity to magic. So witches and wizards began to develop hair removal charms at that time," Luna explained, sounding uncommonly like Hermione. "After the lice were gone, wizards decided to grow their pubic hair back again because they felt funny without it, but witches never saw the need. Eventually, most people forgot about the stories."

"I see," Harry replied. If anything could cool off his hormones, it was one of Luna's tall tales.

"Besides, it's supposed to feel better when we're getting screwed," Luna said placidly, and Harry realized that once again, he'd thought too soon.

"Luna, can we please just go to sleep now?" Harry begged.

"No problem, Harry," she answered. Within two minutes, Luna was stretched out and breathing in the regular pattern of sleep. After a while, Harry finally managed to follow.

**********

Pansy Parkinson was a morning person to the same extent that Voldemort was a nice guy. As a result, it was actually Millicent Bulstrode, sleeping in the next bed over, who was the first to notice the owl patiently pecking at the window next to Pansy's. With a groan, Millicent get up, shook Pansy awake, and pointed out the noisy bird. It was as nondescript a brown owl as could be imagined, the better to hide the message's provenance.

Glass removal and replacement charms allowed Pansy to bring the bird in from the cold predawn and to remove the parchment from its leg. When she did so, a second scrap of parchment dropped from the first, labeled 'Draco Malfoy.'

The first message read as follows:

'Pansy:

I have given Him the message that you asked me to relay. He agrees that it is a reasonable request and tells me that he has sent a message to that effect.

Do not touch the second message within with your bare hands or skin, for any reason. The consequences, I am told, will be very painful for anyone but its intended recipient.

I wish you success in your mission, and I hope that His cause will be advanced with your help.

I know I haven't always told you this, but I am very proud of you. I would never have asked you to undertake a mission like yours, and I shall try not to place any more pressure upon you, to do anything against your will. I shall give you any support that you require; simply name what you need.

May your efforts bring our victory closer!

Love,

Albert'


A ball of ice seemed to settle in Pansy's stomach. With great effort, she repeated the spells to let the owl back out. Time to resume the masquerade, she thought.

**********

Today was a particularly fine morning to be Draco Malfoy, or at least that's what he thought. His clothes were the finest that Wizarding Europe had to offer, and draped carefully on his frame, tall and slim, yet impeccably wiry and well-muscled. He groomed himself carefully, ready to reassume the Lordship of all he surveyed, in preparation for the evening's well-mannered festivities.

Or at least that's what he saw. An outside observer would see tacky and garish togs on a six-foot-one beanpole, whose long curly hair made him look disturbingly like he slept in the wrong dormitory. But such observers were not permitted to voice such opinions in Slytherin House, at least if they knew what was good for them.

As he strode across the common room in search of breakfast, Pansy fell in line with him, with a smile befitting the consort of the Lord of Slytherin House.

"Draco, dear," Pansy simpered while holding back a retch, "I have received the most extraordinary message. I cannot read it myself, but I am told that it carries important news from the Dark Lord himself," she finished, lowering her voice to a husky whisper for the last five words. Fortunately, they were still far from the Great Hall and there were no potential eavesdroppers.

Draco took the parchment bearing his name from the stack of books that Pansy carried, unrolling it to receive the vital message.

'Master Malfoy,

I congratulate you on your newfound status as the Lord of Slytherin House. However, I have need of some of your House's resources.

You are not to involve Miss Pansy Parkinson in your revels until further notice, for reasons of policy. Further, you are to extend her any aid that she finds reasonable and prudent, without question. If you fail in this charge, then my personal intervention will be required, and you will not find this to your benefit.

It has been My will that you should learn to assume power at Hogwarts, in preparation for the greater demands of the wider Wizarding world. But you are never to forget that you are still my vassal, and you still owe fealty to me.

Further instructions will come as needed. Fare well.'


No signature was present, not that there could be any doubt who had written the note. Draco's face had flushed ever redder as he continued to read, and by the end of the note he was biting his lip to hold back a scream.

"Draco dear," Pansy smirked, "I shall need..." and she whispered a name into Draco's ear.

"WHAT!" Draco shrieked, dropping the note. "You can't do this! I'll tell my Dad about this!"

"But Draco dear, doesn't the note say that I should have whatever resources that I need?" Pansy inquired.

"This... she... you can't do this! I'll tell my father about this!" he screeched, his words echoing weirdly in the corridor.

"Go right ahead, Draco dear," Pansy replied as she picked up their books again. "But I should tell you that I might need that assistance for a while to come," she finished as she walked away. Calming himself with visible effort, Draco marched after her, determined to correct this horrific injustice at the earliest possible moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story