Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Team of Rivals

The Thickening Plots

by BrianJ 4 reviews

Harry's taken hostage, war was beginning, and Hermione is in her element.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Humor - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Pansy - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-04-27 - Updated: 2009-04-28 - 2214 words

5Hot
Yes, I'm back! Inspired by the recent run of new works and new blood here, I've decided to try picking up at least some of my old stories, starting with this one.

It shouldn't take nearly as long to update in the future. Anyway...

**********

In late November, sunrise in Scotland is late, slow, and usually obscured by clouds. This morning was no different, with gray light slowly creeping into Harry's dormitory.

Harry normally slept late on Sundays whenever he could. He was rarely given the chance to sleep late while living with the Dursleys, since the three of them usually demanded breakfast as soon as they woke, and they weren't subtle about asking. Every so often, Petunia got it into her head for the family to enjoy a "proper" brunch, which started later and entailed even more work on Harry's part. But Harry still hoped for them; those brunches provided him with rare waking moments when the Dursleys weren't screaming at him.

As Harry returned slowly returned to consciousness, he became aware of something warm and soft curled up against his side. A little later, he determined that the warm, soft object was a beautiful redheaded young woman, wearing nothing but a gentle grin.

"Good morning, Harry," Susan Bones murmured. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, very well, thank you," Harry replied with a grin of his own. "I hope you haven't been waiting for me."

"Only for a few minutes. You know, Hermione was right about you," Susan confided.

"How so?" Harry inquired.

"It really is interesting to watch you sleep. You seem so much calmer that way," Susan explained while handing Harry his glasses.

Now that he could see, Harry looked around. Susan's nightgown was discarded near her ankles, and she looked very comfortable without it.

"There's no reason to think that anyone knows I'm here. Just after we finished, I cast a spell to ensure that no one approaches this bed. It's a variation on the anti-Muggle spell used to protect the Quidditch World Cup and so on to keep people from getting too curious. I've learned some useful spells living with Amelia, and I'd like to teach them to you, to help you," Susan explained.

"But there's so much I have to deal with..." Harry started, only to have Susan put a finger to his lips.

"And we'll be there for you, Harry. You're not in this alone, and you shouldn't be. Harry, why do you think we worked so hard to win the election?" Susan asked insistently.

"My fame? My money?" Harry spat. Susan promptly cut him off before he could start to rant.

"No, Harry." Susan's voice was friendly but firm. "I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I wanted to be elected to make you happy and to be part of the fight against Voldemort. If anyone can do it, you can, and I want to help."

That stopped Harry in his tracks. "But I don't want to put others at risk," Harry stated, less forcefully. "Enough people have already died around me..."

"Harry, we know that we're at risk anyway. We can just sit around and wait for the Ministry to get its head out from its arse- and I know better than anyone how long that will be- or we can join someone who is doing something and knows enough to lead. That's you. And," she continued, her grin growing, "if it means more time around you without clothes on, that's also good. You're a very handsome man, you know."

"But I'm just Harry," he protested weakly.

"Well, just Harry is just good enough for me, and for the rest of us. We'll convince you that just Harry is good enough for you, too," Susan finished with a smile.

"Thanks, Susan. I'll try not to let you down. Let me get some clothes." As Harry crawled to the side of the bed to clamber out and get dressed, he suddenly had the idea that he didn't really need to get up yet... and they'd start serving lunch in a little while... and someone might see Susan when the curtains opened to let him out... He hesitated just as he touched the curtain.

"Harry?" Susan stage-whispered.

"Yes, Susan?" he answered suspiciously.

"I really am quite good at casting that spell, you know. No one can cast the counterspell but the caster," she explained, lying back.

"And how do I convince the caster to cast the counterspell?" he queried, starting to smile as Susan ran a hand down her generous curves.

"The caster will actually teach you the spell, Harry... on one condition," Susan purred.

"And what is that?" Harry inquired, crawling back toward the naked redhead.

"You need to convince the caster that just Harry is good enough," Susan whispered just as Harry reached her and lowered his head to kiss her. Their lips met, and then their tongues.

"Good start, Harry," Susan whispered when their lips broke and he settled his body over hers.

An hour later, after Susan's second proclamation that 'just Harry' was not just good but great, they finally dressed and headed down to lunch.

Susan steered them toward the Gryffindor table, and Harry found two seats near Hermione. Again, most of the femals focused on Harry, but when he didn't start smooching anyone immediately, they returned to their food.

Ron had been sitting next to Hermione, regaling her with tales of the chess games he'd played the previous evening and ignoring her irritation. Hermione couldn't say for sure that he had actually become more annoying since the trip to the Ministry, but he certainly wasn't any less so. When he left, Susan took his place, and she and Hermione spoke very briefly before they got up and walked away.

**********

Pansy flipped over in the prefects' pool and began her twentieth lap, reflecting that her mother was right; this was a good way to exercise without its feeling like a chore or obligation.

A shame so little else in her life felt that way...

Life in Slytherin House wasn't much fun for those who weren't at least sympathetic to Voldemort, especially since his return to corporeal form. Draco paraded his father's status as the Dark Lord's right-hand man in front of every student in the House, and seemed to take special pleasure in humiliating prefects who might try to rein him in. (He did restrain himself in front of the professors, though.) His stint as leader of the Inquisitorial Squad did nothing to deflate his ego, and he'd taken to "holding court," as he called it, in the common room every week, with younger students dancing attendance and older ones doing his and his flunkies' homework while he felt up the House's prettier girls.

'He probably thinks I find it flattering,' Pansy mentally groused as she finished her lap and got out of the pool. She timed her swimming during early afternoons when the prefects' bath was usually empty so that she wouldn't be disturbed or have other students try to molest her.

Pansy was fairly short at five feet one, the shortest of all the girls who had been in the election to be Harry's girlfriend. Her legs were smooth and toned, leading to a firm derriere and narrow waist. Her breasts were smaller than those of her fellow election winners, but they stood out on her compact frame. She was glad that she'd finally grown into her face, as her dad insisted on putting it, with her pug nose now actually suiting her fairly narrow face. Her complexion was smooth and fairly dark; her mother said there was Spanish blood in her family tree.

During her swim, her body was covered by a one-piece swimsuit (dark green, naturally), modestly cut but hugging her curves closely. She quickly doffed it and picked up her shampoo and soap so that she could properly bathe in one of the smaller enclosures.

'Come Wednesday night', Pansy mused sourly, 'he'll be holding court again and there's nothing I can do to stop it...

'Or is there? I can ask Dad to tell Lucius about my "victory," if he hasn't already. Maybe that'll get me out of having Draco's grubby little paws all over me. In fact, maybe I can help my friend too. It'll take some persuasion, but I think I can handle that.'

**********

It was near the end of dinner when Luna came down for her meal, and Pansy was waiting for the blonde Ravenclaw. After appropriate Muffliato spells were cast to prevent eavesdropping, Pansy got straight to the point.

"Luna, could I have my turn with Harry tomorrow night?" she inquired.

Luna placed a finger on her lip while pondering her response. "Oh, I suppose, if you're willing to grant me a favor when I ask for one."

Pansy expected something like this. "Can you give me an idea of what?"

"You'll find out soon enough," she responded cryptically, reminding Pansy why she'd been one of those who used the nickname Loony- no, I've got to work with these girls now, she chided herself.

"Well, I guess you have a deal," Pansy replied, shaking Luna's hand. Pansy then sighed with relief; the harder of her two favors was now done.

The easier one would be assured an hour later in a classroom near the Slytherin common room. She promised Blaise that, in exchange for another use of the Quidditch locker room key, she would "make Malfoy's next evening holding court a lot more interesting." Blaise quickly agreed.

**********

At ten o'clock that evening, Harry cut short his card game with Seamus. For whatever reason, Ron was off his game tonight, losing game after game of Exploding Snap and falling into an ever fouler mood. Harry thought that something was up with his old friend, but couldn't put his finger on what.

That line of thought flew out of his mind when he opened the curtains of his bed to find his other oldest friend lying in a comfortable-looking pair of cotton pajamas.

"Good evening, Hermione," Harry smiled.

"Good evening to you, too, Harry. Let me get those for you- Luna says they're too important for you to handle yourself," Hermione responded, unbuttoning Harry's shirt.

"You believe Luna when she said that?" Harry inquired as she finished.

"Oh yes, Harry," Hermione cooed as she ran her hands over his front. "I've wanted to do this for so long. I'm glad that I finally have the chance."

"Tell me, Hermione," Harry said, catching Hermione's right hand. "Is this what you had in mind when you called the election? Is this why you started everything?"

She took a deep breath. "Well, yes, Harry. I thought that maybe I could take your mind off of Sirius and everything else for a little while. I wasn't sure how you'd respond to a direct approach, especially since I know you thought I might like Ron."

"And so you tried this. I still don't know why you didn't want to tell me about the election, Hermione. I don't like it when people try to determine my future behind my back," Harry argued.

"I don't want to dictate your future, and I didn't tell you about the election because I didn't want you to bias the results," Hermione replied with some of her classroom mien.

"'Bias the results?'" Harry asked, locking his eyes with hers. For a few seconds, they stared at each other before Hermione lowered her head.

"Because I didn't want you to reject me," she said softly. "I know I don't have the looks of Daphne or the... features of Susan, Harry. I thought that if they can make you happier than I can, then they deserve to. I was just hoping for a chance."

"Hermione," Harry breathed, "you've always had a big place in my heart and my mind. I hear your voice when I consult my conscience. I won't say that I always follow your advice, but I try."

Hermione felt a lump in her throat and didn't trust words to reply. So, she responded with a kiss on Harry's forehead, then his cheeks, and finally a lingering kiss on Harry's lips. When they separated, both were breathing hard.

"Harry, I'm glad to be with you, even if I am sharing. In fact, I hear that Susan taught you an interesting spell this morning. Could you show me?" Hermione inquired. Harry responded with the repulsion spell that he had learned that morning.

"Now, it's my turn to teach you!" Hermione continued impishly, Her hand moved down her front to the buttons holding her pajama pants closed. "I think all of your girlfriends will benefit from this one...."

Both of them would thank Merlin for their spells and each other several times before they finished. Harry got a guided tour of Hermione's most intimate parts and found that she was remarkably easy to bring to the edge of orgasm... and to hold there until she begged him to push her the last inch. For her part, Hermione showed Harry that while her breasts weren't the equal of Susan's, they were quite sufficient to rub against his most sensitive organ.

Eventually, they finished their lessons for the evening, and fell asleep in a warm embrace.
Sign up to rate and review this story