Categories > TV > Firefly > Alphabet Stories: Firefly

H is for...

by Serenity_Marie 0 reviews

H is for...

Category: Firefly - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Inara,Kaylie,Mal,Simon - Published: 2009-06-18 - Updated: 2009-06-18 - 342 words

0Unrated
H is for Hunted

This is a bit of a continuation on chapter 5 "E is for..." You can read it separately if you wish.

Pairings: established Simon/Kaylee and a little Inara/Mal friendship. before or after BDM


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inara was sitting down for a nice, peaceful cup of tea, when Malcolm Reynolds came flying into her shuttle and dove under her bed.

Pressing her lips together, she slowly set the tea cup down.

“Mal? Do you need something?”

“shhh” the bed hissed. She rolled her eyes, and walked over to the bed to lift up the skirt.

“Why exactly are you hiding underneath my bed?”

“I'm being hunted.” whispered, and he yanked the skirt back down. Inara's eyebrow rose.

“Inara!”

Inara turned towards the door, “Mei Mei, come in. Why do you look so upset?”

The obviously pregnant Kaylee sighed, “Cap'tn's being a meanie. Told me I looked fat, an' when Simon went to”- she made air quotes “'avenge my honor' Cap'tn just locked him in the infirmary.”

“Mal called you fat?” Inara sat down hard on the bed, ignoring grunt from underneath her. He deserved it.

“Yea, well that's not that bad,” Kaylee joined her on the bed, “It's just, Simon. He tries real hard to be manly, but Mal just mocks him. It ain't right.”

“So let me get this strait, Mal called you fat so Simon tried to defend you,” Kaylee nodded, “and Mal just mocked him so now you are trying to defend him?” Kaylee nodded again.

“Well, you shouldn't be running all around the ship in your condition, Kaylee. Hows about you just go and wait in the Mess. He has to eat sometime.”

“That’s a great idea!” Kaylee grinned, and pulled herself off the bed and out the door.

“Thanks a lot” her bed hissed.

“I didn't tell her you were there.”

“But now I can't eat ever again.”

“Shoulda thought of that before you called a pregnant women fat.”

He was silent a few minutes.

“Could you please get off, already?”

“Nope.”
Sign up to rate and review this story