Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We Are Better By Design

We Are Better By Design

by nicole_ownsxxx 3 reviews

you know, i've got no idea. but, i promise, it'll be good. and interesting. :D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-18 - Updated: 2009-06-18 - 1177 words

5Ambiance
MYSPACE SURVEY, FRIDAY AFTERNOON, 5 P.M.

What’s your name, age, and exact location?
Lily McWhorter, 17, and at my house, on my bed.

What’re you wearing?
Uh, jeans, shirt, shoes. The norm.

What color are your eyes?
They’re dark blue, a color my friends will only describe as “kinda depressing…but pretty!”

Plans later?
Yes, as a matter of fact, my friends and I are going to go to the drive-in. it’s so old school. I love it.

Anything interesting happen today?
Well, I got locked out of my first hour class for being five minutes late, so I drove around with my friend Gerard (who was also late) and ate ice cream for an hour. It was great. Oh, and then, my boyfriend saw me and Gerard show up to second hour together and then made out with Gerard’s girlfriend where we could see because they though we were cheating on them, so now we’re all single. :). Oh well.

What’s the most random thing you’ve ever done?
Christmas Eve, I ran around dressed as Santa Claus while my best friend, Meg, chased me dressed as a vampire. True story. I have pictures.

Are you in love?
Uh, no.

Have you ever been in love?
Not that I’m aware of. So, no.

Where’s your phone at?
Under my pillow. It kept going off, so I smothered it. I think it’s Jacob. Or Gerard. Or Meg. Maybe even Frank.

Did anyone yell at you today?
Well…Mrs. Johnston yelled at me for bringing my ice cream cone into class, but I couldn’t just leave it outside, and then I yelled at Jacob and Melissa for, well, making out with each other.

Do you have a best friend?
Three, actually. Meg, my best friend since I was five; Frank, my next door neighbor who I was in diapers with; and Gerard, Frank’s best friend, who I’ve known since I was eleven and always been close to.

Was this a good survey?
No, it fucking sucked balls, you bitch! And by that I mean it wasn’t too bad. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I finished the survey, turned off my computer, and pulled out my phone from underneath my pillow. I had five new messages, two from Jacob saying sorry and asking if we could still be friends (uh, no, you miserable prick), one from Meg asking if I was okay (I was really fine; Jacob had been getting on my nerves lately anyway), one from Gerard telling me he’d pick us up at five forty-five for the movie (I’ll be ready), and one from Frank gushing about my epic breakup scene in the lobby this morning (probably the coolest thing I’ve ever done in front of a crowd of people).

I responded to all of them accordingly, and then started rummaging around for some clothes. It was the end of May, pretty warm, so I found a blue-green tank top and put it on, changing out of the yellow Five Finger Death Punch shirt I’d worn to school. I kept on my skinny jeans and Converse All-Stars, but put on a studded belt.

My hair, long and so wavy it’s almost curly, hung down to the middle of my back. It was a dark blonde color, but when I got in the sun it glistened gold. My skin was pale, but not in an unhealthy way. I still had my makeup on from earlier today, so that wasn’t a big deal. I brushed my teeth, grabbed a jacket and my bag, and had just made it downstairs whenever I heard a horn honking outside.

Goodwill Falls was one of the few places in the world that still had a drive- in movie theater. Almost very Friday night in spring and summer they showed some old movie, normally horror or romance, and we always went. Tonight was The Amityville Horror and I know that at least Gerard and I were dying to see it on the big screen. Frank was an idiot and just liked to hide on peoples’ hoods and slide onto the windshield during random parts of the movie. Meg liked to walk around and listen to people’s conversations and spread gossip.

I had opened the door and saw Gerard idling in my driveway when I heard my mother yell, “Lily! Where are you going? Come here for a minute!”

I held a finger to Gerard, who honked the horn again in protest, and ducked back inside, to see my mother sitting in the living room.

“Yeah, Mom?” I asked as I stood in the doorway.

“Where are you going?” she asked.

“Out with friends. Not a big deal. We’re going to the movies.”

“Is Jacob going? I know you two broke up today, but I figured you might be getting over it.”

“No. He’s not.”

“Gerard isn’t, is he? He’s not good for you, Lily. I knew he’d ruin your relationship with all of your boyfriends as soon as he moved into down and started hanging around Frankie. Frankie’s a sweet boy, but he’s got the worst taste in friends-well, besides you and Meghan, dear-”

“Speaking of Gerard, he’s waiting for me, so I should go,” I said as I carefully backed out of the doorway.

“Lily, he’s not good-”

“I’ll be home by one! Love you!” I took off running before she could stop me. I jumped in Gerard’s truck and sat in the middle seat. Frank and Meg were meeting us there for some reason.

“Drive,” I told him. He pulled out of my driveway and then we were on our way to the movie.

“Let me guess,” he started after a minute of silence. “Jacob is great, it’s my fault you guys broke up, and Frank has horrible taste in friends, EXCEPT for you and Meg. Am I right?”

I just looked at him. “You’re incredible. Could you really tell all of that just from my facial expression?”

He smiled. “Years of being around you have encouraged this useless talent. Sadly, though, it only works with you. It doesn’t help me pick of girls.”

“Poor you,” I teased. “So, are you upset over the Melissa and Jacob thing?”

“Nah, Melissa’s been a bitch lately, so I kind of expected it. But who would have thought that ditching first period with my best friend getting ice cream would trigger it.”

“Same here. Jacob’s a prick.”

“Can you believe they thought we were cheating on them with each other?” he asked, laughing. “God, they’re stupid.”

“Unbelievably.”






=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

you should totally rate&review, because that would make me happy.

:D

see the smiley face? must be true.
Sign up to rate and review this story