Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We Are Better By Design

Have at Thee!

by nicole_ownsxxx 3 reviews

Lily runs into Jacob.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-19 - Updated: 2009-06-19 - 1121 words

5Ambiance
Someone tapped on the driver’s side window. I turned around at a breakneck speed, to see a cop shining a flashlight in my face.

I rolled down the window.

“What’re you kids doing up here?” he asked, and shined the flashlight at Gerard, then at the baggie filled with melting ice cream. “What’s that?”

“Ice cream, sir,” Gerard said, holding it up.

“Why is it in a baggy?” he inquired suspiciously.

I shrugged. “So it wouldn’t spill, I suppose, Officer,” I offered. I figured mentioning Gerard’s penis problems at this time wouldn’t be a good idea.

“Well, what are you doing?”

“Talking,” we answered in unison.

“Oh. Can’t you talk in town?”

Gerard shrugged. “We were just driving around, then got sick of driving. We’re not being indecent or anything, Officer.”

“Hmm. Names?” he asked.

“I’m Lily McWhorter, and this is Gerard Way,” I said.

“Lily? What are you doing here? Does your mom know where you are?”

“Huh?” The cop dropped the light. “Oh, Kevin, hi!”

Kevin was a family friend. He’d been at the hospital when I’d been born and everything, but since my parents split up when I was thirteen he hadn’t been around much. He was more of my dad’s friend.

“I remember you from when you came up to my knees! Never thought I’d be catching you in cars with boys,” he said a little sadly.

“Well, it’s not what it looks like,” I said. “We weren’t—”

“Does your mom know where you are? I’ve heard her talk about this Gerard boy,” he said, peering in the window at Gerard.

As Gerard stifled laughter, I stuttered somewhat coherently, “Yes, well, no. I mean, she doesn’t know exactly where I am, but the movie just got out—”

“Oh. Okay, then, you two get back to town then,” he said. “We get enough kids causing trouble at the Falls, and we want to keep it nice for the Summer Kick-Off Ball.”

“Sure thing, Kevin,” I said, giving him a thumbs-up and rolling up the window.

I started Gerard’s truck and waited until Kevin’s cruiser was on the road before I pulled out of the parking lot and heading back to town. It was nearly eleven, and everything in town was closed, so we just drove around some more until Gerard said we needed some gas. I pulled into the all-night gas station and pitched in ten dollars of my own money, since Gerard had been driving me around everywhere lately.

He told me it okay, I didn’t have to, but I did anyway. He gave me a twenty and told me to go pay for gas.

I walked in the gas station and paid, and on my way out, the door opened and I ran into none other than Jacob, who was also getting gas. I saw Gerard at the pump, staring at me and laughing, and as soon as we made eye contact, he looked away, and starting whistling.

“Lily,” Jacob said. “How’s your day been?”

“Uh, it’s been okay,” I said. “Is your eye…okay?”

Awkward.

He put his hand to it. It was really swollen. “It’s been better,” he said quickly. “Uh, look, I’m sorry about thinking you were cheating on me with Gerard, and I just want you to know, you don’t have to go alone to the Summer Kick-Off Ball. I’ll still go with you,” he said. “Also, I’m sorry about making out with Melissa. It won’t happen again, sweetie.”

“Okay, one, don't call me that, two, I’ve already got a date, and three, we broke up. What you do and with whom you do it with isn’t any of my concern anymore, Jacob,” I said hastily. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be on my way now. Excuse me,” I added, because he wasn’t moving.

“Whoa, you were being serious? I thought you were just throwing a fit.”

“I was. I threw a fit because you made out with my best friend’s girlfriend, and I also broke up with you. It’s not a big deal, though. I was going to break up with you anyway, so…can I get by, now?” I motioned towards the door which he was blocking.

“Oh, what? We’re still going to the ball together, though, right?” he asked incredulously.

I shook my head slowly. “No,” I said simply, hoping he’d get it through his thick head. He ran a hand through his brown hair.

“But, who am I supposed to go with?”

I frowned. “I don’t know. What about Melissa? You guys really seemed to hit it off this morning. Can I get by, please?”

“Baby, that was all for you, I wanted you to want me,” he said. “I was worried you were cheating on me with that dork.”

“You’re so…stupid. Who says dork anymore?” I couldn’t even understand why I’d ever dated him in the first place, and we’d only been broken up for less than twelve hours.

He shrugged off my last comments. “C’mon, I know you still want me.”

I laughed. “Wrong. What I do want, however, is for you to GET THE FUCK OUT OF WAY!” I screamed, finally pushing him.

Gerard honked, and we drove away, leaving Jacob staring at his truck in anger and shock in the middle of the doorway.

We drove around like that for a while, listening to music. (We Didn’t Start the Fire came on, and I made Gerard listen to it as I sang the words. He said that his ears were going to bleed when I finally let him change the station.)

He dropped me off at my house at around twelve fifteen. My eyes were stinging from wearing my contacts all day and my hair was windblown and ratty from having the windows down.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Lily,” he said, leaning out of the window after I got out. “I had fun.”

“Me, too,” I said. “By the way, at the Ball, wear a red tie.”

“Sure thing, boss,” he said, grinning from ear to ear.

“Good night, Gerard,” I said, and walked towards the house.

“Night, Lily!” he called, and drove away.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


okay, here we go.
now, i'm off for the weekend. more updates, monday probably.
rate&review, and all of your wildest dreams will come true.*









*that's a lie.
Sign up to rate and review this story