Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cigarettes and Coffee

Coffee Run

by OverlordDiB 4 reviews

Java, Java, Java

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-06-19 - Updated: 2009-06-20 - 1189 words

1Exciting


Chapter 4

~Frank's POV~

I awoke to the feeling of strong arms wrapped around my waist. It was a nice feeling. I opened my eyes slowly as to let them adjust to the light. In the room were more chairs. Two of which were occupied by Mikey and Mr. Toro. I had only a bitter guess as to whom the third chair was for but I would rather keep my mind away from that for now. I looked to the face of the body I was using as apillow only to be greeted by hazel eyes. His face didn't have a smile on it but I could tell he was happy. He seemed to have this smile in his eyes that made them brighter and sparkle in the florescent lights of the hospital. I gave him a shy smile in return and looked at Mikey.

"He hasn't left since you were brought in." He replied to my unasked question. I then turned my gaze to Mr. Toro and the empty chair beside him. "Ray and Bob have been in and out. Ray still has to work and Bob still has to go to school."I nodded. I knew Mikey still needed to go to school but I didn't bring it up with Gerard.

"You should all go home and get some real rest." I whispered. I wasn't sure if he could hear me or not. We just sat there in the silence. I didn't say anything further and he gave no hint as to whether had had heard me or not. I listened to the heart monitor. It was some kind of peaceful that made me want to sleep. I didn't really understand it. I had just slept for god knows how long and here I was wanted to sleep more.

Come to think of it I really didn't know what was wrong with me other than my leg. Just as I was thinking this a doctor came in. Talk about timing. He grabbed my charts off the end of my bed and looked them over. "Well Mr. Iero,"he spoke in the usual doctor voice, "you have a broken leg and a few scrapes and bruises. You're going to be stiff and sore for a couple of days. We would like to keep you for another night just to be sure everything's okay." I gave anod and smiled. The doctor placed my charts back were he got them and made aswift exit.

I just sat there resting my eyes as I laid my head against Gerard's shoulder, once again. I heard a slight shifting sound from one of the chairs next to us. I opened my eyes and saw Mikey slowly waking up. I watched him until he felt my gaze and looked me in the eyes. "You know," he began, "I'm not the one that needs watching. You're the one who got in trouble for almost setting your tree house on fire."

I gave him a sly grin. He always brought that up when he was playing defensive. I felt Gerard let out a slight chuckle from behind me. I couldn't do anything but shrug. I mean how was I to know that you can't start campfires in tree houses. I was only 10 and you really don't have that kind of knowledge as a 10 year old.

"Mikey," I said after a slight silence, "I have to stay here for another night and I want you to go home for the night and get some real rest. I understand that you're worried and all but the worst is over and you'll have to bring me some new clothes and stuff anyway. Plus these chairs can't be that comfy, and you have to keep your grades up and everything. So what do yasay?"

He was looking at the ground for a long while. I wasn't all too sure what he was thinking. I sure as hell didn't want him to think that I wanted to get rid of him or anything. I was just looking out for him like he had looked out for me. After a short time he looked up at me and gave a slight nod of agreement. Igave him a beaming smile. He was such a great friend.

We sat there for a bit just talking about random things. Well it was mostly just me and Mikey talking. I wasn't sure at all what Gerard was doing because Ihad to turn my body to look at him. He was still sitting behind me. I had no idea how he was comfortable with our position on the bed. He was sitting with his back to the pillows and my back to his chest. His legs were on either side of my body. I could feel my face heat up with the thought of being in-between Gerard's legs.

Not that long into our 'conversation', if you could even call it that, Ray woke up. He asked all the usual questions that a teacher would ask. 'Are you okay?','How are you feeling?' and so on and so forth. It made a bitter feeling settle in the pit of my stomach. What did Bob have that Ididn't have?

We had all gotten into a rather large discussion about The Misfits when Bob walked in carrying a bunch of coffee. It seemed that he was the one chosen for a coffee run a few hours back. I noticed that there was only four cups of coffee. Once all the coffee had been given to it owner I realized that no one had bothered to get anything for me. Not to sound conceded or anything but how could they forget about me?!? I was the one they were all taking time out of their schedules for to visit.

"Awww," I felt Gerard's breath against me ear shell, "Is little Frankie upset that we didn't get him anything?" At least someone noticed. "Here little Frankiestein you can share mine." I, once again, felt my face heat up. This man made my body feel like it was on fire. I gently took his coffee from his hands. I brought the cup to my mouth, being careful because Iwasn't sure how hot it was.

That coffee was the best coffee I ever had. Sure it tasted like coffee but it also had another taste. I guessed it would be what Gerard would taste like. Bitter, sweet, caffeine, and nicotine. It was now my new favorite taste. I handed his cup back to him with a grateful smile. I was addicted. I wanted more but I didn't want to drink all of his coffee. I decided on paying attention to the conversation at hand and try to forget about how intoxicating and addicting Mikey's brother was. Like I said before Things are always better in theory than reality.



Okay.....I've had exams the past week...and I have a big party going on tomorrow and I have exams next week....I'm not sure when the next chapter is going to be written but I'll get it up as soon as I can. Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story