Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cigarettes and Coffee

Dreamer

by OverlordDiB 3 reviews

All that we see or seem is nothing but a dream within a dream

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-07-09 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 2702 words

1Original


Chapter 5

~Franks POV~

I didn't have to worry about ignoring Gerard for to long because not long after everyone had finished their coffee visiting hours had ended. Mikey wanted to stay with me but I told him to go home because we had an agreement. He left reluctantly being pulled down the hall by a laughing Gerard. I shook my head slightly at how juvenile Mikey was being. It's not like I was going to randomly drop dead over night or anything. I let out a bitter laugh. Life and death are always in constant war with the other. It felt more real to me than anything else.

/'I really wish I had my iPod with me,' /I thought. I had trouble sleeping when I didn't have it. Surprisingly I could feel myself falling into unconsciousness to the beeping of the heart monitor that I was hooked up to.

I rolled over and opened my eyes. I looked around me expecting to see the sun rising out of the window in my hospital room, but I wasn't in a room. I wasn't even near anything. I was lying on a bench that was on the side of the road. 'How the fuck did I get here?' I thought. Last I remember I was saying goodbye to everyone and getting ready for bed.

I sat up and looked for astreet sign, however there was none. In fact there were no signs, no traffic lights, and very view buildings. Most of the buildings were nothing but heaps of rubble where grand structures use to stand. The buildings that were still standing had smashed out windows and large gaping holes in the walls. The sky was grey and bleak. The trees, if they were still standing, looked as if they hadn't seen the sun for many days. The leaves were as grey as the sky and were falling off at the slightest breeze.

I looked down at what I was wearing and saw that I still had on my hospital gown. My feet were bare and Icouldn't feel the temperate in any part of my body. I knew it was fairly cold for when I let breath out of my nose I could see it. I looked down at my exposed legs to se that they were pale. I knew that sooner or later I was going to start to turn blue. My body didn't help much either because people who have a smaller body or are shorter loose heat faster. Knowing I had to find some place to get warm I started to walk down the unknown street.

As I was walking the grey clouds above me opened their doors and a heavy down pour came rushing to greet me in my journey. I was already in a predicament because I couldn't feel temperate and I didn't want me getting wet to make my problems worse. I started to run. Iwasn't sure as to wear but I was bound to find a safe warm place to stay. In my haste I had rounded a corner quite fast and ran right into a man. Before I had a chance to fall, the man I ran into caught my arm and steadied me.

"Thank you," I said, as I looked up at the man. I was greeted by a confused and horrified face that accompanied a very familiar afro. "Mr. Toro?" I whispered. What was he doing here?

"Frankie? Is it really you? It can't be..." He trailed off. Is it really that hard to believe I was here?

"Mr. Toro, what's going one?"

"Don't worry about it Frank. Come on." As he said this he took hold of my hand and started to pull me in the direction I was heading. As we passed I took a look as to where Ray was walking away from. It was a cemetery. I didn't give much thought to and just shrugged it off.

It was still raining and every now and then there would be a flash of lightening and a boom of thunder. I paid not attention to any of this for I was still gaping at the hand that held mine. The love of my life was holding my hand. How long have I dreamed that he would give me the slightest glance and now here he was holding my hand? I was amazed to say the least.

I did notice, however, when we came to a stop in front of a semi intact building. It was here that Mr. Toro let go of my hand. The building had a big empty doorway where a revolving door once spun proudly. On the upper levels there were a few missing/ broken windows but other than that everything seemed to be in a functioning order. We walked through the space in the wall into a large foyer. It had red carpeting and abroken chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The carpet was dusty and had an assortment of stains on it. I didn't even want to think about where they came from or who put them there.

I fallowed behind Mr. Toro, watching as his hair made slight bouncing movements as we walked through the halls and corridors. Occasionally we would walk through a doorway or go up aflight of stairs. I lost track of he turns that we made and how many stair we had gone up, and wasn't completely aware of the number of doors we had passed through. After about five or so minuets of walking we came to a stop in front of a door. It didn't have any special aspects about it in the least bit, as far as I could tell. It was just a plain wooden door with the numbers '627' carved into it.

I stood behind Mr. Toro as he made a series of knocks on the door. From behind I wasn't sure if he was showing any kind of emotion or not or what he was do. I heard several locks being undone on the other side of the door. As this was going on Mr. Toro turned his head enough to give me a small smile of comfort. I had nothing to worry about. Mr. Toro was there to keep me safe.

I saw the door swing open, but Iwasn't sure who was on the other side for Ray was standing in front of me. Iknew who it was as soon as they leaned in to give Mr. Toro a hug. I saw Bob rest his head on Ray's shoulder and rap his arms around his waist. His eyes were closed as he enjoyed the comfort of Ray's arms. He opened his eyes as he started to pull away from the hug and they instantly connected with mine. Iwasn't quite sure what to do so I just gave him a shy smile. He gave me the same look Mr. Toro did outside of the cemetery. I saw his grip tighten on Ray as he continued to stare at me.

I saw his mouth move. I wasn't sure what he had said for it was whispered and I was still trying to understand why I was getting that look. That look of pure confusion and horror. Did they know something I didn't? I continued to stare at Bob's face. I saw him nod his head and close his eyes again. Mr. Toro must have said something. What did he say?

When they released each other Bob took Ray's hand and Ray took mine, like we would get lost on our way into the room. Once we were in I set about examining the room. I felt Ray let go of my hand and then I heard the several locks from before being put back into place as they were before our entrance. The room had a couch, a chair and acoffee table in it. There was a door that led to a kitchen and many other closed doors that lead to different rooms. The doorway that led to the kitchen was vacant of a door but from where I was standing I could only faintly see the back of a man dressed in black. His head was bent over as he stood at the counter. I heard faint sounds of him messing with an unknown machine. After he moved out of my site I become aware that the machine was a coffee machine.

I was turning my attention away from the man in the kitchen when another man walked out from behind one of the doors. "Hey Bob, we need to get more hand soap for the bath room we're..." his voice trailed off as his eyes landed on my small frame.

"Mikey?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"Frankie?" He asked in a similar voice. He took the couple steps toward me and embraced me in a tight hug. He started saying things that made me even more confused than I already was. "God, Frank. It's you. It's really you. It's been so long Frankie. I've missed you so much."

/"Missed me? I didn't /goanywhere."

"What do yamean?" he pulled away from me but kept his hands on my shoulders. He was giving me that look of confusion.

"I mean," I began, "the last time I saw you, you were being dragged down the hall by Gerard." I moved out of his grasp and turned to Bob and Ray who had taken a seat next to each other on the couch. "And you guys were walking next to them holding hands." I turned back to Mikey as he began to speak again.

"What hallway Frankie? Where were you and why?" His face was calm but his eyes looked panicked. I took aquick glance at the others and theirs were similar.

"I was in the hospital," I began slowly watching their reactions. "I had busted up my leg on my bike. I was on my way over to your house. It was the Hospital's hallway obviously." I tried to end with a slight laugh but it just sounded awkward. Even to my ears. Mikey gave a slight nod and moved to sit in the chair that was in the room.

"Hey Guys! Who wants coffee?"The man from the kitchen came out holding a mug of what I would guess to be coffee. He looked at the distressed and worried faces of is friends and said,"Come on. I know how to work a coffee maker its not gunnasuck...Trust...me..." His sentence faded off of his lips as he turned in my direction.

"Gerard?" It looked like the Gerard I had met but he was paler and his hair was slightly longer. I wasn't totally sure. I was asking to make sure I wasn't mistaking him.

"Frankie?" Unlike everyone else his face held nothing but shock. He must have been even more surprised than he looked because it was as he was saying my name he dropped his mug of coffee onto the carpet of the room. He rushed towards me and swept me up into his arms. His hold on me was tight and loving. I didn't understand. I had only just met him. What in hells fucking name was going on?

"Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. My dear little Frankie." He just held me in his arms repeating my name over and over.

"Yeah Gerard it's me." I gave another awkward laugh.

"Gerard?" He let go of me looking slightly upset.

"Yeah?"

/"You called me Gerard. You /nevercall me Gerard. Well not since we first met....and even then it didn't last long."

"Well...I only met you the other day. What am I supposed to call you?" His look of shock turned to sadness, confusion and horror at the same time. He looked like he was about to break down and cry at anytime.

"Gee. You used to call me Gee."

"Gee? I've never called you that."

"YES! Yes you did! Back when you were mine! Back when you where my Frankie!" I felt like I wasn't welcomed anymore. I started backing up until I hit the door. I turned around trying to open the door to the best of my ability. Bob and Ray were at my sides in no time helping me undo many of the locks. As soon as the last one was unlocked I ripped open the door I started running down the hallway. On my way out I saw Gerard starring at me with tears running down his face. Mikey was at his side trying to comfort him and Bob and Ray were making their way over to him.

I was running as fast as I could. I didn't feel welcome, no matter how far I got from that room. I couldn't get that image of Gerard crying out of my head. It was haunting me and it was making me feel more depressed by the second. I don't know how I did it but Ihad managed to find my way out of the building. I started running in the direction from which ray and I had came. I slowed to a walk as the cemetery came into view. I walked through its gates and wandered among the graves. Iwasn't really looking at the names or dates of the people unless the head stones interested me. I spotted one in the back that had caught my interest after about 5 minuets of wandering blindly.

As I drew nearer to it I saw it was an angel. It was made out of black marble. It was a true piece of art. It was beautiful. I looked down at the name and date engraved into it. It read

Frank Iero

1989-2006

I was dead. I had died. I was no longer living. That's why everyone was shocked to see me. I wasn't supposed to be walking around. I started cry. I wasn't sure what I was feeling but I new Iwas feeling so many different things. I looked up at the sky. It was still raining. I hadn't noticed this until now. It was strange. I felt so sad, but knowing that the sky was crying with me was making me feel a little less depressed. I looked over at the gates of the cemetery and saw a figure walking my way. Icouldn't make out ho it was through the rain and my tears so I just stared down at the earth. Only six feet under my feet laid my body. Or was this my body? I closed my eyes out of annoyance. I was dead and I was worrying whether or not Iwas a sprit.

Black shoes came into my vision as I continued to look down. I didn't bother to look up. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone right now. I felt the person's hand lift my face and before I knew it their lips were on mine. It was a sweet kiss. It was full of love and compassion. As we stood in the rain my body came to life. I could feel the cold rain falling against my cold skin. I could feel the mud beneath my feet as I stood on the grass. I could feel their warm lips moving against mine. They slowly pulled away. Their hand was rest against my cheek warming the skin there. I opened my eyes to see who I had kissed.

I was greeted by the white walls of the hospital and the hushed voices of my friends around me. I let out a groan of annoyance. This always happens to me. I always wake up at the best part.

"Hey Frankie!Get up! Its time to go home!" I let out a grunt in response to Mikey's voice. As a response to my grunt I got a pair of pants thrown at my face. I threw them back not bothering to look where he was and rolled over on to my side with some difficulty. I pulled the covers over my head hoping to fall back into my dream world.





Sorry for such the long wait. In return I give you a long chapter. ^.^

Sign up to rate and review this story