Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Company We Keep

Dark Lords and Mutants Do Not Mix

by Quillian 0 reviews

We see what Voldemort has been up to...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-05-16 - Updated: 2005-05-16 - 1029 words

-1Boring
DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.

A/N: Now we see how bad ol' Voldie is doing...



Chapter 13: Dark Lords and Mutants Do Not Mix

Deep inside the bowels of the Riddle Manor, a special and magical subterranean lair was constructed, in whose throne room the Dark Lord sat.

Voldemort sat at his throne like a statue, staring ahead at him to the cloaked figure that kneeled in his presence.

"State your name, mutant," he said in his high, cold voice.

The man removed his hood to reveal a face with green tattoos on it. "Mesmero, Lord Voldemort."

"And you are a telepath who can read minds and control people, correct?"

"Yes."

"What can you tell me about these mutants, namely those who call themselves the 'X-Men?'"

Instead of choosing to answer verbally, Mesmero reached out with his mind, forming a link with Voldemort. Voldemort did not reject the telepathic link, and as if transferring data through computers, Mesmero displayed all his memories of what the X-Men and all the other mutants were capable of.

Voldemort had a very evil grin on his face that sent chills throughout Mesmero's body, even though the evil mutant didn't dare show it.

He mentally analyzed all the different groups. The X-Men were the most numerous, and obviously had the most training and experience. The Brotherhood were merely a ragtag group of teenage mutants with problems. The Acolytes were just another hodgepodge bunch, each of them having served under Magneto for various reasons, not all of them voluntary. And finally, there were the Morlocks who dwelled under the city's streets, and had the least devastating potential, although their sneaky potential could not be denied. There were also the other non-affiliated mutants to consider.

'Soon, I will take control of every last mutant on this planet. This opportunity is just right for the taking.'

"Not all of them have to be forced to follow us, Lord Voldemort," Mesmero stated. "I can think of a few that would be willing to fight for you, as long as they fight against some other mutants."

"Like who?"

"Professor Charles Xavier has a son who calls himself Legion, who is also telepathic, not to mention telekinetic as well. That fool Xavier didn't know of his own son's existence until he showed up. There is also Xavier's half-brother, known as the Juggernaut, an unstoppable mutant with unimaginable strength. When the Juggernaut's powers developed, Xavier grew fearful and deliberately had him imprisoned and shut down in stasis. Juggernaut's only true goal and desire in life is to kill Xavier for that."

'So this wheelchair-bound fool is also negligent and manipulative, just like that old man Dumbledore,' Voldemort thought maniacally. 'Not quite up to Dumbledore's par, but definitely has that kind of potential.'

"What are the odds of Magneto or Mystique joining my cause?"

Mesmero shook his head disgustfully. "After the events with Apocalypse, both of them simply vanished. I could also sense a definite lack of their evil desires which drove them for so long. Not the allies you may want to seek." Mesmero was also disgusted that he had ever served Apocalypse, who in the end did not prove to be as threatening as his name would imply.

"Can you think of anyone else who may willingly join?"

"Sabertooth is a mercenary whose loyalty goes to whoever pays him the most and the best, and he has this intense rivalry with the X-Man called Wolverine. Omega Red's 'enemies' are those same mutants you wish to control or destroy. There is also one called the Hungan, who tried to overpower the mutant known as Storm. While the last that was seen of him was when he was blown away in that hurricane, he never did die. I would have known."

The old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" echoed in Voldemort's mind as he took this all in.

"There is one other piece of information you would be interested in, Lord Voldemort," Mesmero said.

"And what would that be, Mesmero?"

"Wizards can also develop mutant powers, it seems. In fact, there is one such student at the Xavier Institute who is both a wizard and a mutant. His name is Damian Dracon."

Voldemort's eyes widened ever so slightly. "Dracon//?" he whispered with anticipation. He could not believe his luck; he had definitely hit the jackpot this time. Brushing that matter aside for now, he got back to the final matter to be taken care of.

"You have truly been useful, Mesmero. In fact, I have a proposal."

"I am listening."

"Join me, and you shall be rewarded beyond your wildest imagination, with even more than simply your revenge on those other mutants."

Mesmero considered this for a few moments. He had quite a few good reasons to join and none he could think of to refuse.

"Yes, my Lord."

"Excellent. You may leave now. I must talk to another one of my minions."

Bowing, Mesmero left just as a thin, cloaked figure entered from another door.

On his way out, Mesmero heard Voldemort say, "Ah, I take it that the staff meeting at Hogwarts went on for much longer than usual...?"

The conversation with his spy went on, but even as Voldemort spoke to her, he pushed his thoughts about the mutants to the back of his mind. What no one may have ever suspected or guessed was that mutants ranked relatively low on his order of priorities; he had much more powerful matters to take care of... some even so powerful they made mutants look like house flies. And with himself and his minions at war, he had spread his resources too thin to attempt anything at the moment like kidnapping mutants.

Still, one of Voldemort's strengths was his ability to never forget any of his dark or sinister ideas.



A/N: Ah, what does Voldemort have in mind...? And what/where does he know about Damian from?

Next chapter is where some strain is put on Kurt's relationship with Amanda, and the question as to whether or not it can be relieved... -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story