Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

The Stars Are Blind

by sweet-tart 5 reviews

The Library.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-06-27 - Updated: 2009-06-28 - 1257 words

2Ambiance
Gerard grinned to himself as he placed the last book on the shelf. The room was huge; The walls scaling up nearly the whole two stories and the length of the floor was that of three-times the length of the foyer. The library was one of the biggest rooms in the house -- And he was giving it to her.
His eyes scanned the numerous rows of books, debating with himself on whether if he had gotten enough of each genre or not. He had obtained countless numbers of every type of book you could imagine.

Action. Horror. Drama. Suspense. Mystery. Comedy. Romance.

He had spent nearly half the morning rearranging each row to better counteract the next. He had gotten an abundance of Romance novels -- nearly taking up one whole wall on their own -- just in case she felt like reading them. He remembered her saying something about how she loved fairytale romances.
Gerard sighed contently to himself as his eyes scanned over the room, admiring the work that he had put into Rose's surprise. He covered the walls in books, placed a comfortable relaxing chair in the far east corner of the room right next to the fireplace, and had decorated the walls in paintings and sculptures. To his eyes, it looked perfect.

"All right," Gerard sighed, raising his voice. "Send her in."

The door opened to reveal Ray, guiding a blindfolded Rose into the room. Rose's arms were held out in front of her, ready to block herself from anything if she happened to walk into it, regardless of Ray's guiding hands, and had her mouth fixed into a scowl. Her long, curly brown hair was down, sending the elegant curls cascading over her shoulders and down her back. She wore a simple blue dress; Bringing out the natural glow of her skin.
Gerard couldn't help but smile, taking in everything about her, from her the way she moved to the small freckle just above the left side of her top lip. He hesitantly reached out to take her hand when Ray passed her over, inching back toward the door. Gerard gripped her hand and pulled her forward, gently, letting up on his hold when she tried to pull away. Rose frowned when she felt herself stop; More or less so because she couldn't see where she was.

"Are you alright, Rose?" Gerard asked, lowering his voice.

Rose shuddered, tilting her head away from him the best she could. "I'd be better if I knew where I was."

"Well," Gerard grinned. "You're in the mansion."

Rose, still blindfolded, tried hard to resist rolling her eyes. "I knew that."

"Are... Are you still mad?"

"At you?"

Gerard nodded. "Yes."

"Of course." Rose scoffed. "Why wouldn't I be upset with you?"

"So, there's nothing I could do to change your mind?"

"No," Rose shook her head. "There is absolutely nothing you can do."

"Nothing?" Gerard asked, slipping his fingers behind the knots of the blindfold. "Nothing, at all?"

"No--" Rose sighed. Gerard bit his lip as he untied the handkerchief, letting it slip from her eyes. "--There's nothing you can say... after... that... " Rose could feel her footing slip when she took in her surroundings. Her eyes glazed over and her jaw fell open. She was speechless. "Wh-Where am I?"

Gerard smiled. "Your Library."

"Mine?" Rose whispered, reaching a hand out towards a nearby shelf. "This is mine?"

He nodded. "All of it. Every single book, every page. It's all yours."

Rose couldn't shut her mouth; She was at a loss for words. The only thing she could do was shake her head, trying to get a good control over her quivering lower lip. She couldn't believe that this was all hers now. He had actually listened when she told him of her love for reading. And now, she had her own Library.

"Wow." She breathed. "But, why?"

"You don't want it?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, no. Of course, I do. But... why are you giving it to me?"

"Rose," He sighed. "I can't take back all of the things I've done to you. And I know that. But, I can at least try to make them better."

"You did this for me? All by yourself?"

He nodded. "Took all morning to get everything just right. I couldn't decided if you'd like--"

Gerard was stunned when Rose threw her arms around his neck, burying her face in his shoulder. She laughed when she pulled away and leaned up to kiss his cheek. Taking a step back, she held her arms open, admiring the room. "This is all mine?"

"Uhm," Gerard coughed, clearing his throat. "Yeah."

She turned to him, smiling. "Thank you, Gerard."

He waved his hand in front of his face, dismissing her praise. "You don't have to say anything." He grinned at her facial expression; She was completely in awe at his work. "I know this doesn't exactly make everything better--"

"No, it doesn't."

"--But I just wanted you to know that I'm trying, Rose. I'm trying to be nice. I'm trying to make an effort. I just want to see you smile at me again."

She bit her cheek to keep from smiling at him as she let her eyes scan the room. She could tell he was trying. Hell, everyone told her he was. This wouldn't make up for everything he's done but it did show that he wanted to make an improvement on how things were. It showed that, if he tried hard enough, he could be human, too. And she appreciated that.

"I know you are, Gerard. And, although, this doesn't cover all the hurtful things you've said... I'm willing to make amends."

"You are?" He grinned.

"On one condition." She warned, holding up a finger. "Something like that will never happen again."

"Deal," He laughed. "Besides, I don't think I have another free room to give up."

Rose nodded, wandering over to a shelf. She looked over the titles until she came to one she knew well enough to recite by memory. She pulled the book off the shelf and walked back over to the chair, gesturing for Gerard to sit with her. Gerard sat down on the floor in front of her and smiled, quirking an eyebrow at the book.

"Robin Hood?"

"Hey," She droned. "Do you want me to read this or not?"

He laughed, leaning back on the marble floor. "Go ahead."




A/N - Hello, all! I was thrilled to see that you all liked the last chapter. I wasn't too pleased with it, myself. And, yes. If I could put her with any other person -- It would be Frank. But, sadly, this is not a story about Frank and Rose. I could easily make it be one, but, I can't do that to Gerard. I'd upset myself with thinking that he was left out. Haha. And I hope that I described her reaction well. I'm not used to writing from 3rd person. And, no. The story will not go on in 3rd person -- Some chapters are just better this way than they would be normally. Just clearing some things up. Anyhoo, thank you all for reading and, please, don't forget to R&R for me, if you would. Thanks! xoxo - Esther Rose.

P.S. - And I would just like to take the opportunity to say -- R.I.P Michael Jackson. He was, and will forever be, the King of Pop. He will be deeply missed.
Sign up to rate and review this story