Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

No One Else Could

by jajajajaime16 7 reviews

Night 1/2 for Dani at the Way's...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-06-30 - Updated: 2009-06-30 - 1683 words - Complete

5Exciting
"Nightmare Before Christmas! Fuck yeah!"

"Frank," Donna sighed from the kitchen where she was still cleaning up.

"Sorry! I just get excited sometimes!" He laughed and moved to lay down on the couch.

"Heck no, I need room for my feet, midget," Mikey complained. "Gerard, he's not moving!"

"Your guest. Your problem," Gerard said. "And besides, me and Dani are on the stupid floor, so you can deal with it."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So...um..." Gerard scratched his head and shifted from side to side. "D'you just wanna...change in the bathroom upstairs...?"

I knew it'd be awkward, but I expected it to be even worse than this, Dani thought, smiling. "Uh-huh, I'm gonna grab my stuff and go up there right now. Hopefully Mikey won't spy on me."

Gerard smothered a laugh. "Okay, then."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani came down a few minutes later, in gym shorts, a tank top, and a hoodie. Yeah, it's probably gonna be hot, but I don't want him to see my arms. "Nice pajamas," she said to a very bored Gerard.

He was wearing a black Batman t-shirt that matched his loose sweatpants. "Ha, yeah, they've got to match..."

There was already two sleeping bags sitting close by on the floor. "D'you want to go to sleep now, or what?" he asked.

She shrugged. "Not really tired, but I don't really care."

Both of them looked up when they heard pounding and squeals of energy drink-induced laughter from Mikey's room.

Gerard shook his head. "I'm not sure I want to know what they're doing up there."

Dani laughed and collapsed onto his bed. "Come sit!"

Gerard hesitated, not sure what to do or what to say about it, but walked over and sat down next to her.

"We haven't been the happiest duo these last few days," she sighed.

"I know," Gerard said quietly.

"So...I'm really glad you invited me over here." She chipped away at her hangnail. "Thank you, so much. It's just...nice to get out of that house every once in a while."

From Mikey's room again, they heard, "What the fuck, Pansy? Where are you sticking that? Ew!"

Dani burst out laughing. "And all of you guys, you make me feel like family. Well, Frank is family, but you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do," he said, slowly taking her hand.

"That's all I could ask for..." Dani finger-combed her hair and then grinned. "So can we make out now?" (A/N: Yes, I stole that line from Juno. Get over it xD)

Gerard laughed nervously. "Uh...um...wow...that was out there!"

"Damn right it was..." She took a deep breath and leaned forward slowly. Their lips touched, and it was enough to make the world right again.

Gerard prayed silently that he wouldn't screw anything up and kissed her back.

They'd kissed before, yes, but this was different. He was holding her so fiercely, and she was kissing him so fiercely, that they didn't even hear Donna upstairs yelling at Mikey and Frank.

His hands came up to her hair, and hers snaked around his neck, pulling him closer. Somehow, they ended up sliding sideways and laying down on the stiff mattress. Gradually, they were less aggressive and more comforting with each other.

After their breathing had returned to normal and their arms loosely draped over each other, Gerard spoke up. "Thanks."

Dani smiled and curled in towards his chest. "For?"

"For loving me when I felt like no one else could." (awww)

She sat up so that she could look at his face. "And why d'you feel like that?"

"I'm not sure," he admitted. "I just...I always felt like I'd be alone. And I was sort of okay with it until you came along."

Dani gave Gerard a worried look. "Well...I think we need to go to sleep before your mom comes and checks on us. Making sure Mikey isn't right, you know," she joked.

He got up and moved to where the sleeping bags were laying. "You...you should sleep on the bed. the floor's uncomfortable."

She grabbed his two pillows, shaking her head. "No. I'm sleeping on the floor. I don't care if it's uncomfortable." She walked over to him and sat down, handing Gerard one pillow and taking the other for herself. "C'mon! Crawl in!"

He laughed. "Hold on, let me turn off the lights." He hurried across the room and flipped the switch.

"Goodnight," Dani said once he was back to the sleeping bag.

He leaned over and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight. Love you."

She resisted the urge to fawn over the gesture and waited for him to lay down in his blanket next to hers. "Love you, too." Her voice was a barely audible whisper.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani woke up with a jolt in the early hours of the morning. Wait, no, you're in Gee's room, it's okay.

She realized he was unknowingly turned towards her, dangerously close, and carefully moved a few inches away. God, I'm thirsty.

Dani quietly exited his basement bedroom and climbed up the flight of stairs to the upstairs bathroom he shared with Mikey. Obviously the two younger boys had fallen asleep, since there wasn't a sound emitted from Mikey's room.

She found some paper cups next to the sink and filled one with water from the faucet. She gulped down the small amount of water and threw away the empty cup.

Dani winced at every creak on the stairs as she crept back down. She was just closing Gerard's door back behind her when she noticed something catching the light behind his desk. She bent down and looked at the space between the furniture and the wall. Reaching into the darkness, she pulled out two glass bottles. One was empty. The other was still full.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The next morning, Gerard woke up to an empty sleeping bag in his face. "Dani?" he called out groggily. (aw, remember sleepy Gerard from LOTMS? Lol)

Her bag was still on the floor by the door, so he dragged himself up off the floor and out of his room. "Am I the last one up or something?" he muttered to himself.

When he got to the kitchen, Dani was sitting at a chair, eating. "Hey, you were still asleep, but your mom made breakfast, so..."

Donna smiled at him from the kitchen. "Hun, you want eggs or just waffles?"

"Uh...both..." He slid into a seat right next to Dani and wiped the sleep out of his eyes. "Sleep good?" he yawned/asked her.

"Yeah, sure," she said, not meeting his eyes.

"Thanks, Ma," he said when he was handed his plate. He directed his attention back to Dani. "Anything wrong?"

"No, no...Er, nice bed head!" she commented, but it sounded forced to Gerard.

"Uh, sure," he mumbled, his mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"Swallow!" Dani rolled her eyes. "God, you have bad manners."

He shrugged and went right back to eating.

Donna came over to the table with her cup of coffee in her hands. Gerard reached for it, but she snorted and kept it away from him. "Get your own! Anyway, I need to talk about some things with you two." She winked at Dani.

"Oh, Jesus, not this," Gerard moaned.

"Not what, Gerard Arthur? I just happen to have some...some questions, about your relationship-" He groaned again and got up, desperate for both coffee and some way to avoid the conversation. "-Because, well, Frank and Mikey made some comments last night that sounded, well..."

I can only imagine what they said, Dani said, giggling in her head. (Aw, shit that rhymed...oh well)

"Just...are you two just dating, are you significant others already...or am I reading too much into this and you're just friends?"

Gerard smirked at Dani from behind his cup, as if to say, 'You get to answer!'

"I...I'm not sure what you'd call us. Whatever relationship we have is definitely not your average boyfriend/girlfriend thing," she replied calmly.

Donna nodded. "Hmm...is that so?"

Gerard took a deep breath and set down his drink. "Like she said, it's not going by standards of normal, but since when has this family and it's members ever been? But...even though you're probably going to think we're crazy...but we love each other-" He glared at Donna when she showed her appreciation through a loud 'Aw!' "And we don't really date, but we try and make things work out."

Donna nodded eagerly. "Of course you do! I'm so proud of you...And Dani, I quite like your personality. Is Dani your real name?" she asked out of curiosity.

"No, no, it's...Daniella," she grudgingly answered with scorn.

"That's a beautiful name. Both of them are. And you're a beautiful girl."

"Thank you," Dani mumbled, blushing and looking down at the table.

All three of them turned around at the sound of scuffling on the stairs and, "Ow! You pushed me into the rail!"

"That'll be the troublemakers," Donna sighed.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Tell me why you feel like you need this," Dani pleaded, clutching the two bottles she'd found the night before.

Gerard's mouth fell open and he froze in place.

"That's...that's what you made me come down here for?" he finally asked.

She exhaled sharply. "Yes. And I just want to know why you're doing it. Because I'm the only one that can stop it."


Woah. Serious shit. Serious shit that you know you want to review.
More fluff...I know, I'm sorry, but it's like sugar, good in moderation.
Dani's scheduled to stay one more night at their house...so who knows what'll happen...I never even know!
I'm really surprised that all you people actually like this stuff. I didn't even think this would have the strength to make it past the tenth chapter.
And here we are, chapter twenty-fucking-four.
Another thing...hehe...I've found a 'Gerard...' Nuff said ;)
R+Ring is good for your colon! Haha...
Song for this chapter: "My Way Home Is Through You" -My Chem
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story