Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

Smooth Criminal

by nicole_ownsxxx 2 reviews

jacob and gerard get in a "tussle."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-01 - Updated: 2009-07-01 - 1649 words

5Exciting
On Sunday, I’d spent the day eating low calorie strawberry ice cream Meg’s mom had bought for her while Frankie and Gerard were working on something musical in Gerard’s basement. We had school in the morning, so I went home around ten.

I was just about to fall asleep, and I heard something tapping my window. I know, it’s not the smartest thing to do, girl all alone in the house (my mother didn’t count, she slept like a bear) going to check the mysterious noise outside of her window. But, I was half asleep and when I’m tired, I’m not at my best.

There was nothing there, so I stuck my head outside and looked around. All of a sudden, a small pebble hits me in the forehead.

“FUCK!” I screamed into the night. “Who the fuck was that!?” I screamed again. I could hear rapid footsteps going away from the house, but that was it. I couldn’t tell who it was. “Jesus Christ!” I yelled again. I saw Frankie’s mom’s bedroom light come on through her sheer curtains, so I closed my window and went back to bed, not giving who ever had been pelting my window a second thought.


The next morning, I’d almost completely forgotten about the creepy window scene last night as I slowly realized that instead of fixing my car this weekend we’d went swimming and jacked around, so I was still out a vehicle. I called Gerard to come pick me up, but while I was still dialing, he pulled up in my driveway.

I put my phone in my pocket and smiled. “I was just about to call you,” I said. “Car’s still dead.” I frowned.

“Yeah, I figured you needed a ride,” he said, sticking his head out of the window. I started to pick of my bag, and Gerard started laughing and called, “Take your time! I figure we can get ice cream again if we’re late, so it’s cool.”

“Well, if I’m late one more time for first hour I get detention. And that would be my tenth this semester, and I’m trying to keep the count in single digits, so…”

“I understand completely, but I have detention today, so I’m trying to make you late so I won’t suffer alone,” he explained with a smirk. “So it looks like you’re not gonna meet your goal.”

I just looked at him. “Well, if I’m going to be in detention, let me go and get my iPod,” I said. “I’d hate to be bored.”

He faked smiled, and put on sunglasses. “Whatever,” he said nonchalantly. “I’ll just chill here.” He tried to lounge out, but he hit his head on the steering wheel.

I laughed. “Nice,” I commented, before running inside. I got my iPod off my bed where I’d fallen asleep listening to it last night, stuffed it in my messenger bag, and went back downstairs. I ran through the kitchen, and realized I was going to be late anyway, so I grabbed an apple and a tiny bottle of Sunny Delight. When I went back outside, there was green Honda in my driveway next to Gerard’s truck. Jacob’s car.

Gerard was out of his truck, and Jacob was out of his car.

I sighed and took a bite of my apple. It was too early in the morning for this. I went outside and witnessed the rest of the conversation.

“Quit messing with my girlfriend!” Jacob screamed.

“I’m not messing with her, and even if I was, it’s none of your business! So back the fuck off!” Gerard yelled back.

“What’s going on?” I cried as I ran to them.

Jacob sighed in relief. “Lily, baby, thank God you’re here,” he said. “Tell Gerard to go away, and I’ll take you to school, okay?” He walked towards me, and I could feel the sense of dread and hopelessness I’d felt when he’d had pressed up against the wall Saturday. I flinched and pushed him away from me.

“Lily, what’s wrong?” he asked. He looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes of his, eyes that I’d once thought were warm. Now they were just empty and scary.

“It was you, wasn’t it?” I asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“At the river! You’re the one who threw the rock and then ran away! You’ve been stalking me. And last night…you were throwing rocks at my window, weren’t you?” I said. Gerard came over to where we were and stood in between us.

“They weren’t pebbles!” he laughed. “They were Sweethearts candies, and I scratched our initials into the back of each one.”

“That’s weird, Jacob,” I said. He looked shattered. Gerard narrowed his eyes at him.

“You need to leave her alone,” he growled. Jacob glared back at him with a look of pure hatred.

“Why don’t you make me?” he snarled back.

“Why don’t I make you?” I said. “Go away, Jacob. And leave me alone.”

He looked shattered. “But, Lily, I—”

“Save it, Jacob. Just leave,” I snapped. “I don’t love you, I never did, and now you’re scaring me. So just go.”

He looked from Gerard to me, then back at his car. “Fine. Whatever. You two will regret this, because still love me,” he said to me, “and you’re going to get what’s coming to you, freak,” he added to Gerard.

“Bring it on,” Gerard challenged.

Jacob took a swing at him. He nicked Gerard’s cheek, and then Gerard tackled them. In a matter of seconds they were rolling across the ground grunting and bleeding, and I was screaming at them to stop.

Jacob was on top of Gerard, punching him in the face, and then Gerard kneed him in the groin and Jacob fell and they started punching each other everywhere they could reach again. I threw an apple to the wriggling mass on my lawn and hit one of them with it.

“STOP IT!” I bellowed. I was so loud that Mr. Iero came outside. “Well, fuck,” I muttered as he made his way to us. Gerard and Jacob were still fighting.

“Frankie’s dad’s coming, douche bags!” I said a little quieter than before.

They finally stopped fighting and looked up. Gerard’s lip was bleeding and his nose was a little swollen and his arms were that pink color they turn before they actually bruise, and Jacob’s nose was bleeding, his left eye was swollen, and his shirt was torn.

“What’s going on out here?” Mr. Iero asked, looking from me to the boys.

“Nothing,” we all answered in unison. I didn’t care about Jacob, but I didn’t want Gerard to get in trouble, which was a possibility even though he didn’t start the fight.

I smiled cheesily. “Just a tussle, nothing to worry about,” I said brightly. “Sunny D?” I offered him the bottle.

He furrowed his brow at me, and then looked at Jacob. His eyes widened. “Hey, you’re the kid that’s been hanging out in my azaleas all weekend!”

From the Iero’s azaleas, you could see into my bedroom if you stood on the fence. I knew that because Frankie went through a Peeping Tom phase when we were ten. (He grew out of it after a threw my heavy History book at his face one night.)

My jaw dropped. “What?” I asked in disbelief. “That is incredibly creepy, Jacob.”

“That w-wasn’t me,” he stammered.

“That’s sick,” Gerard said, getting off the ground. He stood between me and Jacob, and I moved closer and held on to his shirt.

Jacob stood up. “Lily, you don’t understand, I just wanted to see you, and you wouldn’t text me back, so I—”

“I’m calling the police,” Mr. Iero said. “Gerard, take Lily to school, I’ll take care of this. You, pervert, come with me,” he added, grabbing Jacob’s arm and pulling him into his house.

“Lily! Help me, I love you!” he cried. Once Mr. Iero closed his front door I couldn’t hear him anymore.

Gerard and I got into his truck and we didn’t say anything until we were halfway there.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, looking sideways slightly.

I crossed my legs. “I dunno. I’m just, freaked out, you know? He completely invaded my privacy. And last night, he was throwing things at my window when I was trying to sleep. And he followed us out to the river Saturday, and was hiding in the woods. And then I saw him so he threw a rock at me!”

Gerard grinned. “He likes throwing things at you, doesn’t he?”

I just looked at him. “This isn’t funny. I’m really scared Gerard. He’s so much stronger than me. What if he tries to hurt me or rape me or something? Then what? I’m too delicate to survive something like that! I bruise like a cancer patient!” I mused fanatically.

We pulled into the parking lot of school, and parked his truck and shut off the engine. “I won’t let him hurt you,” he said simply. He reached over and grabbed my hand with his. He looked into my eyes with his hazel ones, and my fears melted.

“Promise?” I asked softly.

He pulled my hand to his lips and kissed it delicately. “I promise,” he whispered.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

rate and review. it'd be appreciated.

this story will pick up within the next couple of chapters. trust me.
Sign up to rate and review this story