Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

The Words "Best Friend" Become Redefined

by nicole_ownsxxx 7 reviews

some shit goes down in ag.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-06 - Updated: 2009-07-07 - 1790 words

5Exciting
The next few days went by quickly. Soon it was Wednesday, the last day of school. The school had gotten its minimum amount of days needed to call it a year, and the administration wasn’t wasting any time shutting down school, and we only needed to go to that day, so the week was a short one.

Jacob hadn’t come to school on Monday, but he came back Tuesday and didn’t say a word to me or Gerard all day, which we were grateful for. Apparently the cops had only given him a warning because it was his first offense, but if they got word that he was hanging around me or my house again it was straight to jail.

Gerard had been hanging around me quite a lot more lately, picking me up before school and taking me home later. We had made plans for the Ball, and instead of going with Meg and Frankie, we were going by ourselves because they had both gotten real dates. Not that I minded. The more time alone I spent with Gerard, the better I liked him. I felt safe around him, which was something I needed ever since Jacob became weird and stalker-y.

It was on lunch at Wednesday when things got weird again. I’d been grateful for a little non-scary normalcy for the last twenty-four hours, and Gerard, Meg, Frankie and I were eating lunch at a table beside the window.

Meg was telling some story about how an old man had flipped her off yesterday while she was driving to the dentist and eating celery from a plastic container. She was still on her diet and determined to fit into her tiny dress by Saturday night. She’d been eating nothing but celery ever since she’d heard that eating it burns more calories than are in it.

“Okay, so I did cut him off, BUT in my defense, he was like eighty and shouldn’t be behind the wheel anyway,” she said, taking a bite of celery. She looked uncomfortable.

“Well, in his defense, you haven’t eaten real food in a week and probably shouldn’t be behind the wheel either,” Gerard said.

She nodded slowly. “Fair enough.”

“Yeah, you should probably eat something. You look, uh, dizzy,” I said. I handed her my burrito. “Eat it. It’s filling.”

“Or,” Frankie interjected, “if you’re not gonna eat it, tell Lily to give it to me, because I will.” He stared at the burrito enviously.

“No,” Gerard said, “Meg needs to eat it.”

“Eh, what the hell,” she said. She ate it in a minute flat.

“Dear God. That was awesome! You just stuffed the whole thing in your mouth!” Frankie cried.

“I’m starving!” Meg yelled back, laughing.

The bell rang, and we all had to go to class. I had Ag, which was necessary for graduation or I wouldn’t have taken it. A drawback was that Jacob was in there with me, and Frank, Meg, and Gerard had different classes so I would be by myself with Jacob.

The first ten minutes of class went smoothly as the teacher told us about the video about mistreated animals raised for produce that we were about to watch. He said that he’d seen it before, and then locked himself in his office so he didn’t have to watch it again. Just the introduction alone made me sick, but when the video actually started, three girls ran out of the room sick. I closed my eyes, but I could still hear the sloshing of blood from cut throats hitting the floor and the grotesque silences after an animal squealed in pain.

When I opened my eyes, Jacob was beside me. I hadn’t heard him come by which made me even more nervous.

“Lily,” he said. He’d been watching me and waiting for my eyes to open. “About Monday—”

“For the millionth time, Jacob, go away!” I whispered harshly. I scooted my chair away from his. He only leaned forward.

“I’ll never go away, Lily,” he whispered in my ear. I could feel his breath on my cheek. “I’ll always be right here, waiting for you to realize that I’m the one you want, and that it’s not Gerard.”

“Once again, I’m not dating Gerard, so leave me alone. You’re not supposed to be talking to me anyway.”

“Gerard’s no good for you, so stay away from him. I’m good for you, Lily. I’m perfect. We’re perfect,” he said.

“Leave me alone.” I stood up and walked across the room and set by some random girl who was watching the screen with a disgusted look on her face.

“I’ll keep following you,” Jacob said. True to his word, he had followed me and was now sitting as close to me as physics would allow. “I’m so much better for you than Gerard. I see the way he looks at you, like he wants you. The way he smiles makes me sick, he’s so full of himself. And the way you look at him makes it worse, because it’s like you like it or something. You don’t really like him, do you? Not the way you love me?”

“Jacob. For the last time, ever. I don’t love you. I never will. What I do with Gerard is my business, nobody else’s. And if I ever see you within twenty feet of my house again, I will call the cops, and they will take you to jail. I’m not kidding.”

“Lily,” he started. He looked around. Everyone was staring at us, and I didn’t care. Jacob was a freak and he needed to let me be. I stood up and he grabbed my arm to make me sit down.

“Stop it!”

“You will love me,” he growled in a low voice.

“Or what?” I countered, cocking an eyebrow.

He slapped me. He actually slapped me. Everyone in the room gasped, and the look in Jacob’s eye of completely madness moved on to the rest of his face. His lips twisted into a grimace, his eyebrows furrowed, and his face flushed. I could feel the

“Fuck off, Jacob.” I stomped out of the room, which would have been more dramatic if I hadn’t hit my shin on a chair.

I walked into the hallway after I ran into a wall, then a water fountain, because I was too mad to concentrate on simple things like walking.

How dare he talk to me like that?! He has no right to tell who is and who isn’t good for me, and even less to touch me! He actually slapped me! How dare he!

What a stupid, insensitive, freaky, crazy, scary, idiot, completely insane, egotistical, unstable, tactless piece of—

“Shit, Lily! What are you doing?”

I looked up to see a pair of piercing hazel eyes looking back into mine. I had run straight into Gerard in the hall way. He had caught me from falling backwards when I ran into him by my shoulders. The boy was like a tall, lean brick wall.

“I’m stomping away angrily,” I answered with a pout.

“And how’s that working out for you?” he smirked back at me as he let go of my shoulders.

“Horribly!” I replied with gusto. “I keep running into stuff,” I explained. I folded my arms across my chest.

He laughed loudly. “I noticed,” he replied once he’d calmed down. “Why aren’t you in class?”

“Why aren’t you in class, Mr. Way?” I said, trying to change the subject.

“Touché,” he replied. “But seriously, why aren’t you in class? I thought you didn’t want anymore detentions.”

“It’s the last day of school,” I said. “Like they’d give me a detention just for skipping class. Plus, we were watching some gross PETA video, and then Jacob started bugging me, so I just—”

Gerard’s face twisted with anger. “Is he messing with you again, Lily? I can take care of that,” he said. He looked at my face. “What’s the red mark on your cheek?” He stroked the stinging skin softly. “Oh, Lily,” he whispered.

The seriousness of what had just happened sunk into me, and fought back tears. Jacob had hit me, just because I’d told him I didn’t love him and he wasn’t any of my business. He was getting more and more frightening. What would he do in a situation like this a week from now? A month?
Gerard saw my expression, and he took off for the Ag room where Jacob was. He tried to walk past me, but I grabbed his upper arm and attempted to stop him. He only dragged me about five feet before he stopped. “No, Gerard, please,” I muttered. I looked into his eyes, and his expression softened.

“I told you I would protect you,” he said. “And I don’t want you to get hurt. He’s scary, Lily. He can hurt you if he gets mad enough. He hit you, Lily.” His lip was still bright red, and against his pale skin, the dark bruises on his arm stood out dramatically. He saw him staring at them. “I’m fine,” he added.

“I just don’t want you in another fight with him, you said it yourself, he’s unstable and if something happened to you because you’re trying to protect me—”

“If he tries to talk to you again, tell me. I’ll take care of it, okay? I’ll just talk. I won’t get in another fight, I swear. I just want to make you feel safe,” he said. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. “Let’s ditch school. It’s the last day, no one really cares anyway. We’ll go get ice cream, okay?”

He smelled like coffee and Irish Spring soap. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him tight.

“Okay,” I said.

And like that, our junior year of high school was over.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

would have updated this yesterday..
but i was busy crowd surfing at the senses fail show, losing my shoe in a wall of death at chiodos's stage, listening to craig mabbitt cuss out some kid who said he liked ronnie radke better (for the record, i think craig's awesome), and rocking out.

best day ever. so happy.

anyway, rate and review. :D

make me happier!
Sign up to rate and review this story