Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Press Play

purple rain

by killxsmile 6 reviews

Second date ;)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-07-03 - Updated: 2009-07-03 - 1671 words

3Ambiance
Author's Note: Happy 4th of July Eve! Since I'm probably not going to be on the computer tomorrow, I hope all of you have awesome BBQs, fireworks, parties, etc.

THANK YOUS
tonytay113: Patrick's adorable-ness reaches new heights in this chapter. I hope you like it.

doyleangel: lmao. He's not going to set the house on fire, I swear.

somethingorother: There hasn't been a kiss just yet, but when it happens, it'll be EPIC ;)

redballoon: No, I haven't been to Flat Top, but crack bread sounds lovely and I'm glad to hear that this is your new crack bread ;) Lmfao. I am a fan of NCIS, but I never noticed those connections. I guess it's my subconscious acting up.


STORY BELOW

P A T R I C K

Standing at the foot of the small apartment complex, I pressed the button labeled Kline/Palmer. Waiting for a response, I breathed into my hands in efforts to keep warm.

“Patrick?” a muffled voice asked through the intercom.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

A low buzzing sound indicated that the door was being unlocked. Stepping inside, I was met with a warm gust of air. Grateful to be out of the cold, I wiped my shoes on the already soggy welcome mat.

While walking up the stairs, I brushed snow off the bouquet in my hand.

“I hope she likes these,” I thought to myself before knocking on the door. Lacey quickly answered it with a cheerful smile on her face.

“Hey, Patrick!”

“Hi.”

“Juliet’s still in the midst of getting ready,” she said, stepping aside.

I took a seat on the couch as she closed the door.

“Daisies are her favorite,” Lacey noted. “Good choice.”

I flashed her a smile as I held them in my hand. Bella seemed intrigued by the flowers, jumping onto my lap and pawing at the pink plastic they were wrapped in. By the way she stared in amazement, you’d think that she’d never seen cellophane before. Chuckling, I waved my hand in front of her eyes in order to break the trance.

“Sorry I took so long to get ready,” Juliet said as she grabbed her purse. Bella took this as her cue to scamper off toward the kitchen.

“No problem. I just got here,” I said, standing up. “Oh, these are for you.”

Blushing, she took the flowers. “Thanks. Daisies are my favorite.”

Lacey stood behind her, eyebrows lifted in a ‘see-I-told-you-so’ manner. Juliet quickly put them in water then turned to me once again.

“Ready?” She nodded and slipped her hand into mine.

“Have fun, you two!” Lacey called out as we walked out the door.

As we made our way down the stairs, I braced myself for the sharp winds on the other side of the glass doors.

“It’s freezing outside, isn’t it?” she asked.

“Technically, it’s below freezing,” I said, chuckling. She softly laughed as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

Once outside, I quickly spotted my car under a growing pile of snow. Juliet smiled as I opened the passenger’s side for her.

“Mind if I turn on the CD player?” I asked, getting into the driver’s seat.

“No, it’s fine. I’m actually kind of curious to what you listen to.”

Smiling, I pressed the on switch and pulled into traffic.

…I never wanted to be your weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal you from another
It’s such a shame our friendship had to end

Purple rain, purple rain…


“Is it weird that I expected that?”

“Just a little,” I said, laughing.

We arrived at the theater about 15 minutes later, just in time to get the parking spot right next to the entrance.

“Which movie do you want to watch?” we asked, in accidental unison.

“You first,” she said.

“No, you go ahead.”

“How about we both go on three?”

“Alright.”

“One, two, three.”

Cloverfield.


We both laughed as we got in line.

“I was kind of nervous that you were gonna pick a really cheesy romance,” I admitted.

“My name may be Juliet, but I’m not the cheesy romance type.”

“Then what type are you?”

“Action/comedy with a little suspense thrown in,” she said as we stepped up to the ticket window.

“Welcome to Crown Theater. How may I help you?”

“Two tickets for Cloverfield, please,” Patrick said.

The middle aged man behind the counter printed up the tickets. “That’ll be $16.50.”

As I took out my wallet, Juliet made notice of a sign in the ticket window: WARNING. CLOVERFIELD MAY CAUSE MOTION SICKNESS IN SOME VIEWERS.

“Promise not to barf on me?” I asked.

“Scout‘s honor.”

I paid the cashier with a $20 and he quickly counted out my change. After handing over the tickets, he took out a sheet of paper.

“Before you go, would you mind signing this? My daughter loves Fall Out Boy.”

“Sure, no problem. What’s her name?”

“Jessica,” he replied, sliding a pen under the window.

Jessica,
Thanks for listening to our music. Hope to see you in the crowd when we go on tour.
P$


“Thank you so much.”

“Don’t mention it,” I replied, slipping the paper back to him.

“Hold on a second,” he said turning around. After searching underneath a pile of posters, he pulled out two vouchers for free popcorn. “It’s the least I could do.”

“Thank you,” I said, taking them. The man nodded, then called on the next people in line.

The movie was minutes from starting, so we quickly picked up some free popcorn and went inside theater 5. Just as we took our seats, the words “Feature Presentation” illuminated the screen.

It started off with what looked like a technical difficulty screen. Neon-colored vertical stripes covered the screen while vague government labels were at the bottom. While I tried to figure out what this ambiguous image meant, I noticed that Juliet was hugging her arms.

“Are you still cold?”

“A little.”

Feeling gutsy, I put up the armrest between us and placed my arm around her small frame.

“Thanks,” she quietly said, leaning against my side and resting her head on my shoulder.

——-

“Holy crap, that was insane.

I couldn’t even begin to describe how on edge I was during the movie. It seemed like every scene was filled with people running, buildings collapsing, and or missiles exploding.

“What was that thing in the sky at the end?”

“Umm, I read somewhere that it was the satellite that fell into the ocean and woke up the creature,” Juliet softly replied, holding her head.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m just kind of dizzy.”

“Sure?”

“Mhmm,” she said, nodding. “I’m fine.”

“That’s what Marlena said after she got bitten, and look what happened to her.”

Juliet looked up and me and chuckled.

“Don’t worry Patrick. I’m not gonna start bleeding from my eyes and explode all over you.”

“Alright. Just making sure,” I said, hugging her closer to my side.

We quickly made our way back to my car and started the journey to dinner at my house. After 5 Prince songs and a conversation about the origin of fish sticks, we arrived at my humble abode.

“Umm, I know I should have asked this sooner, but are you allergic to dogs?”

“Nope.”

“Okay,” I said, letting out a sigh of relief. “That’s good.”

Upon opening the door, my yellow lab ran over and greeted us.

“Juliet, this is Bailey. Bailey, show her how you say hi to people.”

He took a seat in front of Juliet and held his paw in front of her. Smiling, she shook it.

“That’s pretty cool.”

After hanging up our coats, I directed her toward the kitchen. Bailey trailed behind us, eager to interact with our guest.

“What will we be cooking this evening, Patrick?”

“Fettuccine alfredo.”

“Yum.”

I took the box of noodles from the cupboard and set it on the counter, then headed to fridge for the other ingredients.

“Need any help?”

“Umm,“ I said, grabbing a package of cream cheese, parmesan cheese, heavy cream and a stick of butter. “Could you grab some bowls?”

“Sure. Where are they?”

“First cabinet,“ I said, placing the items alongside the fettuccini.

“Do you want to work on the noodles or the sauce?”

“I’ll take the noodles,” she said, setting the containers onto the counter.

“Cool.”

After washing our hands, we got to work. I took out the pasta pot and set it on the stove while she read the cooking directions on the side of the box.

“Think you can handle it?”

“Yup.”

While she boiled the water, I sliced the cream cheese into cubes and measured out the rest of the ingredients.

Soon enough, the pasta was done. As she drained the extra water, I grabbed a saucepan and added my ingredients into it.

“You look really cute when you’re cooking,” Juliet commented, leaning against the counter.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.”

When the sauce was finished, we mixed in the noodles in. Then just as I transferred the food to the plate, the lights went out.

“What the…” I set the freshly cooked fettuccine onto the table and looked out the window. “Blackout?”

“I think so.” Surely enough, the whole block looked like it was out of power. “Umm, stay put and I‘ll grab some flashlights.”

“Alright.”

She took a seat at the table while I went upstairs in search of battery-powered light sources. After fumbling through my closet, I managed to find a flashlight, matches and a couple candles.

“Really sorry about this, Juliet,” I said, striking a match.

“Don’t worry about it.“ She said, lighting another candle. ”On the bright side, we get to eat a home-cooked dinner by candlelight.”

+++++
Just so you know, their date is far from over.
To find out what else happened, you'll need to RATE & REVIEW.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story