Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > Winter's Child

Prologue

by BBC7Fan 0 reviews

When Shiva took on human form to attend Deling City's Eden Festival, she hadn't counted on falling in love with local monster hunter Marin Loire.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Laguna - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-04-06 - Updated: 2006-04-06 - 308 words

0Unrated
FANDOM: Final Fantasy VIII
TITLE: Winter's Child
GENRE: Alternate Universe/PreGame
DISCLAIMER: All FF8 characters are the
property of SquareEnix.
-------------------------------


-PROLOGUE-

She had watched humanity for a long time.

Through ice-blue eyes she had observed their movements as they roamed to and fro upon the tiny orb they called home. Amused, she watched them as a whole for a while. Then, for a change of pace, she decided to watch a more select group.

Though she saw nothing wrong with it, those who dwelt in the same realm as she found her behaviour worrisome to say the least. At first, when all of Mankind had taken an interest, it had not been a problem. Shiva's interests were now focused on one city, and that was more risky.

"Shiva," Ifrit warned her, "back off. Man is trouble. We all know that. Your curiosity won't do you any good."

"We've been over this many times before, Ifrit," Shiva pointed out. "And each time I find myself pointing out that your fears are completely unfounded."

"Empty words." Ifrit told her. "You can say that all you want for now. But one day you'll regret this fascination. Give it up now, Shiva, before it is too late."

"No," she told him. "My mind is made up. I'm going to Deling City. The people there have an annual celebration that looks like a lot of fun. This year I intend to be there."

She turned to go to the point where the worlds met, walking to that place with purposeful steps that wavered only when Siren ran up to her with tears in her eyes.

"Don't go, Sis'!"

"It's only for a little while, Siren." Shiva tried to reassure her younger sibling. "I'll come back soon."

Siren hung her head, tears falling from her eyes as her older sister vanished from their world.
Sign up to rate and review this story