Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Girl On The Side Of The Road.

The Brilliant Dance

by XXPoeticTragedyXX 0 reviews

“You must meet a lot of lovely people, no?”

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 1337 words

0Unrated


How did one explain the type of feeling when that arose in you when you literally felt someone’s heart beating through their chest? Coats pressed against each other; breaths just a little short. The moon light was slowly fading away behind a cluster of clouds, making his eyes just a little darker when she glanced up at his face. A tiny smile danced along his lips to this and he held her just a little tighter. Too many emotions were jumbled in his head. Was this right because it felt so, or wrong because he hardly knew her? He didn’t feel like pondering these questions as they took away from the moment. He was much content just swaying in their spot on the side of the street.

“Do you always randomly ask people to dance?” She meant the question as a joke but his answer held a sense of importance. “No,” he whispered, a small laugh escaping him before he pressed his face into her cheek. “Only very lovely people.” He spoke the words very softly against her skin and little chills raced up her spine.

“You must meet a lot of lovely people, no?”

“Sure,” His hands teetered on the spot above her waist and below it like they couldn’t make up their minds. “But you’re only one I’ve asked to dance.” Now, was he trying to sound cliché? Not at all but he probably did anyway. “I promise,” he chuckled, “that was not supposed to come out all cliché sounding.” He had a feeling she didn’t mind either way, she just grinned and playfully slapped his back. “Oh, please.”

“Whaaat?” He whined. “I was being foreal.”

“Forreal forreal?”

“Very.”

‘Mhmm…okay.”

He pretending to groan, a playful gesture of his delight and smiled. At some point that had stopped swaying and he’d proceeded to just hold her in that position, unbeknownst that to the fact that it had happened but content when the realization came. He absently let his fingers stroke the spot behind her ear, contemplating on what was going to happen next. Had it been logical, he would have gladly stayed in this spot all night but the human body wasn’t too keen on that idea so his next two options were to take her home or take her to his. The latter of options was tempting but you must know exactly what kind of light that puts a person in, Especially William, being a guy. It was better if he just didn’t go down that path yet. Not tonight. He was trying to win over her affection not drive it into the ground.

“I should probably get you home.” he mumbled unwillingly. Trust me, he did not want her to go anytime soon. The words caught of guard for a second and blinked. “Oh, of course. I’m sure you’re incredibly tire--”

“That is, if you want to go home,” he cut in. “I’m not trying to get rid of you…Really, I want you to stay. I just thought, maybe you were bored…or hungry? Or maybe tired. We can go somewhere else if you like? I’m not trying to take you anywhere--” he rambled on and on and it never occurred to him just how nervous this girl was making him. He hadn’t rambled so stupidly in a very long time. “--its not like that at all, I just think you’re a nice--” His head dropped for a second and he covered his face with his hand. “I’m rambling, aren’t I?”

“…yeah,” she smiled, suppressing a chuckle. “But I don’t mind.”

“I do that sometimes…” he hadn’t done that in so long it only made him feel more stupid. All he could do was stand there awkwardly.

“It’s not a big deal, really,” she insisted. “Sometimes when I get nervous, I stutter.” She was trying to make him better. It was true. Jack her nerve let up to ten and she was a stuttering mess. It happened when she got drunk too, but it was probably better if she didn’t tell him that. Now, the question was of the game was ‘what was going to happen next?’ Going home was the last thing she wanted to do. She wasn’t very tired at all but she didn’t want to keep him out all night either. “Its up to you,” she shrugged. “What do you want to do?”

Was this a simple question or a test? Damn his obsession to over analyze everything. “Uh…how about a movie?” Yeah, movies were nice. He wasn’t quite ready for the night to end just yet so just about everything sounded good, as long as she didn’t get bored. “Okay, where are we going?”

She had a feeling that question more awkward than she wanted it to be and she was right because now they had to decide where they were going. She honestly was a little afraid to go back to either of their places for more than one reason. The first being obvious. Hello, she’d only known him for a couple of hours. She couldn’t just take him home or go to his. He was a rockstar, for Christ’s sakes! Sure it was judgemental, but what did most tricksters want with ordinary girls? Sex. Yes. S-E-X. 99% of them for sure. How was she supposed to believe that this guy, of all guys, wanted such an ordinary girl to himself? Sure, he could flirt all he wanted but it still wouldn’t make sense. Don’t get me wrong. She wasn’t horribly low on self esteem. She didn’t find herself ugly and she didn’t complain about her looks every five seconds but come on. William Beckett? Seriously. Someone tap her on the shoulder and wake her up. Was she really supposed to believe that he only wanted to watch a movie? A part of her wanted to believe it. He seemed innocent enough but that small voice in the back of her head kept warning her how humiliating it might be if she gave in and got used.

William pondered this question as well. They seemed to share the same track of mind at that moment. Everything she was thinking, he was worrying about too. He didn’t want her thinking he was just trying to get her back to his house so they could screw. “The…the bus!” He smiled at the brilliant idea. How bad could things go if he called Sisky up and had him come watch movie with them. Then it’d be less awkward and there was no way something bad could happen.

“The bus?” She shared in question.

“Yeah, we can watch movies on the bus with Sisky!”

“Seriously?” Pardon her fan girl-ness it, it did exist. And it was excited. “Aw, that would be so cool! He seems like he would be so fun to hang out with!”

“Yeah, he’s definitely a trip.”

“Let’s go!” She tugged on his arm. “Call him and tell him so we can go up there!” Her excitement was more than amusing. He’d never seen a girl so excited to watch a movie. Sure, they were famous. He wasn’t bragging, they were. Both she genuinely seemed just to hang out. She was going on and on about movies and board games. He Hadn’t played a board game in so long. Did they even have any of those? Hell, he was willing to stop and buy some if he had to do. “Okay, okay, I’m calling,” he chuckled. “Don’t pee on yourself.”

“I might.”

His arm looped through hers once more and he waited for the sound of Sisky picking up his cell.

“Yes, well. As long as no one is around, we won’t get fined.”

**



A/N:

I know its short. It gets better.
Sign up to rate and review this story