Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Metamorphosis of Bleeding Hearts

Chapter 7: Like a storm - like a wind

by ellyse_the_silent 1 review

Is there really a place in the world for a half daemon boy haunted by his past and mocked by his future? Alternate Universe.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!] [?] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-04-06 - Updated: 2006-04-06 - 1523 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7: Like a storm - like a wind

by: ellyse the silent

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(I-pov)

"Inu-Yasha?" Kaede asked, immerging unexpectedly from her room the next morning. I flinched, she caught me. "What are you doing?"

I looked around the room looking for an excuse or exit. "Nothing." I was standing in the doorway of the guest room watching Kagome in her peaceful slumber.

Kaede frowned at me, "Lies?"

"Whatever," I snapped. "I was just walking past."

Kaede glared at me. "Right," she mumbled sarcastically.

I looked away, ashamed that I had lied again. How did she always know?

Kaede came up to stand next to me and looked in at Kagome's form, sprawled across the bed. "What is your relationship to her?"

I shook my head and ran my fingers threw my hair. It was too hard to explain and I didn't think I could, even to myself. What were we? Friends? Enemies? I was a daemon and she was a miko. We should be enemies but as long as she didn't know we could exist together. Right? "Okasan, do you ever regret adopting me?" I asked changing the subject.

"Inu-Yasha? What is this all about?" Kaede grabbed my sleeve and turned me back towards her. "Of course I don't regret adopting you!"

I felt guilt for trying to pressure her but I had to know, "Ever? Even when we had to run?"

"Inu-Yasha! I have been your Okasan for twelve years now and I have loved every minute of it," Kaede smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry."

Kaede stared up at me. "For?"

I shrugged. How could I put it into words that would explain? Every lie I've told you that you saw right through anyway. Every time I did something stupid and you suffered for it. For all the things I should have done and didn't do. Sorry for all the times I didn't appreciate everything you did for me and the sacrifices you made for me; for the times that you supported me through hell. Oh and I'm sorry you had to love me because no one else would.

"Everything." That about summed it up. "I need a shower."

Kaede caught my sleeve, "Inu-Yasha -"

I ran a clawed hand over my face. "Don't try, please."

"I'm worried..."

"Don't be." I said quietly and walked towards the bathroom.

Shedding my cloths as I walked to the shower, I purposefully waded up my hat and threw it at the wall. It hit the white tiles with a dull thunk, the beads clattering against the ceramic. I let the spells die that held my more noticeable daemon characteristics in check.

How many times had I suffered for who I was?

-----------------------

"Hi, what's your name?"

"Inu-Yasha."

"That's a weird name but I guess you can play with us."

"Okay."

"Is this your ball?"

"Yeah."

"Can we play with it?"

"Sure."

"See if you can get it back. Haha! Look at that! He's to slow to get it! Haha!"

"Oh my god! Do you see that!"

"He has ears on his head!"

"Freak freak! Satan's Spawn!"

"AHHHHHH!"

"Kick him, hit him!"

"No I'm not a freak!"

"Shut up!"

"Ow! My ear!"

"Freak!"

"No! No I'm not."

-----------------------

I slammed my hand against the shower tiles hard, almost hard enough to break them, and stepped into the cold water. I still remembered the angry faces, the girls running away screaming and the scared faces who were just curious enough to stick around to see me, the freak.

Kaede had had to pack up and move us again after that. She never blamed me that time or the time after that. I know she knew that I tortured myself with the incidents already. Grabbing the shampoo off the shelf I washed my hair, bemoaning again the thickness and length that caused me to waste extra time in the shower. I wished I could cut it but my daemon side took it as some sort of insult or something because it always grew back the next morning.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(K-pov)

I woke up with the thought that I shouldn't be alone... who should be with me? I couldn't remember. Somehow just my being warm and safe was enough of a comfort. I opened my eyes and the first thing that came to mind was: Inu-Yasha. He hadn't been in here with me, had he?

I looked around at the guest room. Oh God... I was such an idiot. Why was I here, in Inu-Yasha's house, especially when I barely knew him? I rolled over to edge of the bed. The sun was up and I thought it was probably about nine in the morning. Good thing it was Saturday.

Kaede was sitting at the kitchen table and Inu-Yasha was nowhere to be seen. "Good morning Kagome." I noticed she used my first name easily. I felt at home with her.

"Good morning," I answered shyly, aware of my state of disarray. "Where's Inu-Yasha?"

She smiled at me, "Showering."

"Oh." I looked around and contemplated was to do.

"Do you want an omelette?"

I looked back at Kaede as she stood and crossed to the stove, "Uh well..."

"Don't worry my mom loves to cook," Inu-Yasha said behind me.

I turned to see him leaning against the door putting on his socks. Is hair was wet and some escaped his low ponytail to fall in waving locks framing his face. I swallowed hard. "Okay."

Kaede smiled at her son, "Come give me a kiss Inu."

He passed me and I got a whiff of his hair, it smelled like fruit (which made me smile). Inu-Yasha was huge compared to his mother. He bent to brush his lips against her cheek. Suddenly I felt very alone and left out.

"Come sit down here Kagome." Kaede motioned the spot at the table I had sat at last night. Inu-Yasha sat down next to the seat she indicated and looked up at me expectantly.

I sat down next to him and looked up into his eyes. His eyes were cold and distant and I quickly looked away.

"How did you sleep?" Kaede asked.

I bit my lip, "Good." I remembered having a nightmare, something evil had been trying to get me and Inu-Yasha was fighting some sort of daemon and I was alone. I foggily recalled Inu-Yasha picking me up and holding me, he had been doing the whole purring thing again. It must have been part of the dream.

The phone rang and Inu-Yasha leaned back and reached around my shoulders. "Yeah?" He said curtly into the receiver.

Kaede glared at him and hissed, "Say hello!"

"This is Inu-Yasha." He said, ignoring his mother.

Kaede rolled her eyes and went back to the stove. I caught her eyes and we shared a secret smile.

"Now?" Inu-Yasha sounded highly annoyed. "No. Well that's fine." He paused as if listening, his face screwed up in a scowl. "Yeah, I'll come. Can I at least eat breakfast?"

Kaede put a steaming plate in front of both of us.

"Whatever." He leaned back and slammed the receiver down.

Kaede handed me a fork. "What was that all about?"

I stared down at the square black plate filled with tempting food. I wished my mother prepared breakfast for me and Souta some times.

"A job," He snapped.

Kaede frowned and sat across from him. I felt rather like my presence was keeping them from saying all they wanted to say.

"It's fine." Inu-Yasha seemed to be comforting Kaede almost.

Kaede looked as if she wanted to argue but didn't. "Will you need a lunch?"

Inu-Yasha shook his head, shoving the omelette into his mouth.

I tried to eat some but my throat refused to aid me.

He stood and dumped his dishes in the sink. "I'll be back later." And he was gone. A few moments later the front door slammed and I saw him, through the window, running down the sidewalk, his sword, Tetsusiaga over his shoulder.

"When does your mother get home, Kagome?" Kaede asked quietly.

I blushed, wondering what I was supposed to do now. "Tomorrow night."

Kaede smiled at me, "That gives us some time to get to know each other. My son doesn't have very many friends and I don't often get to meet them."

I stared at her. "Yes... uh... well..."

"First we need to get you in some proper cloths and then we can go out. I have something I want to show you." Kaede stood up. "Finnish up your breakfast while I get you some cloths."

I obediently started on the fluffy omelette, all The while wondering what Kaede had wished to show me. A baby picture of Inu-Yasha naked, perhaps? The thought of Inu-Yasha naked made me blush. Uhg! Perverted!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

((A/N: A sort of cliffy. I am excited for the next chapter... I almost wish someone else was writing this story. :-) Kagome always calls her mother Okasan instead of Mama like in the Japanese version of the Anime because I am trying to get a little Japanese feel in here... even though this story is not set in Japan. Review Please!))
Sign up to rate and review this story