Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and Fawkes' Furture

Chapter 3

by Ezekiel2517 18 reviews

Chapter 3 More views on the past and present

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-07-13 - Updated: 2009-07-14 - 6539 words

5Ambiance
Harry Potter and Fawkes' Future
 
Chapter 3
 
Disclaimer: I do not own anything, chances are I borrowed it from you as you have borrowed it from JKR. Enjoy. I've added ten years to canon because of technology and I want to use the best of modern cars and fashion for the guys and gals.
Author's Notes: Thanks for Reviews. They sacred me, I will disappoint you, remember this is my fantasy and I will twist and torture the Potterverse for my pleasure.
I have changed Tonks age by three years. Instead for this story 96-97 in her first year. Same age as Fleur.
 
 
Thursday, October 31, 96-97 Hogwarts School Year, Black Villa, Near Collioure, France
Fawkes was perched in one of the lemon trees in the ancient garden of La Vigne Noire. He watched a group of adults that were having dinner as they discussed the past and present actions of the British Magical world and how to best change that world.
Fawkes had visited all the people of Halloween 1991 at various times to help them with the changes in their lives. Hermione's parents, non-magical in a magical world, Sirius was made to become an adult instead of a childish prankster and Remus who felt like an odd man out at times because of the wolf.
Now the group would be expanding to include the other child of the prophecy and a special girl with a gift to see the unseeable. Later the group would expand more and his chicks would be forced to grow up before their time and he would help them all cope with the changes he brought about by saving Harry a lifetime of pain and stopping Albus' plan that left the pure-bloods safe while allowing first generation magic users and non-purebloods to be put in camps.
-OoOoO-
Sirius looked at his guests, noticed they had finished with dinner, and knew that the tough discussion was ahead, well no time like the present. Sirius coughed and gained their attention, “Guys, besides being five years since James and Lily, I need to tell you the main reason for this dinner. I need secrecy oaths from all of you before I can explain about that night Voldemort fell.”
Xeno and Selene Lovegood looked at one another and knew that this story was worth any oath, so they made the vow on their magic, and Andy and Ted Tonks didn't need to because they were now back in the Black Family.
Frank and Alice Longbottom had a question because they knew that this dinner was more than what it seemed, so Frank asked, “Is this about why Albus has been by my office once a week since you returned and asks if Alice or I have we seen Harry.”
Sirius nodded and said with his disdain for Albus clear, “It's about that damned prophecy, why Voldemort attacked the Potter's instead of you and why Albus has been trying to get his hooks into Harry.”
Frank and Alice needed this information so they swore their oaths and Alice added, “What’s this about Black, I expected to see my godson tonight, instead of that we get mystery and oaths.”
Sirius looked directly at Alice and replied, “The oaths are to protect Harry and Neville, they are because, as things stand right now, at the end of Neville's fourth year at Hogwarts, Voldemort will return and Harry has to kill him.”
The six wizards and witches that didn't already know this information stared at Sirius in shock and Frank stared back at Sirius and with steel in his voice replied, “Explain Black!”
Sirius looked at each of the adults, settled back in his seat and told the tale of Halloween 1991. Three hours and a lot of wine shared by the group, the condensed tale was told with the occasional input from Dan, Emma and Remus.
Selene was the first with a question, “Sirius, is that why you loaned us the money to start the Quibbler”
“Yes Selene, when Luna was nine you were killed doing an experiment for the Department of Mysteries and she watched it happen, she stayed by your body for five hours and Xeno and she never recovered. Luna was severely damaged by your death and Xeno started the Quibbler with the money the Ministry paid him in compensation.” Sirius answered.
Selene turned to the lemon trees and said, “Thank you Fawkes.”
The group looked at her strangely until Fawkes replied with an answering trill.
Remus laughed and turned towards the trees, “I should have known you were here Fawkes, I'm sorry that Harry and Hermione aren't here, they are with Amelie in Cerbère.” Remus explained to the newcomers that Fawkes visited every Halloween to see the kids.
Sirius gained everyones attention and said, “Ted, Andy, why don't you stay here tonight because Nymphy is at Hogwarts. Frank, Alice, go home tonight, think about what I said and return tomorrow with Neville. The same for you Xeno, Selene, bring Luna and the children can play together since it's the weekend. Frank and I aren't due back in London till the week after next because of Halloween. We'll spend the time deciding what we need to do. We can all use some time in the sun and the kids can get to know each other.” With a grin he continued, “Besides I need to show you the things they never told us in muggle studies.”
Fawkes noticed the conversation had ended and decided to see his chicks in Cerbère, then he would go back to Hogwarts before Albus got drunk.
-OoOoO-
Friday, October 31, The 1996-97 Hogwarts School Year, Headmasters Office, Hogwarts
Albus Dumbledore was performing his least favorite pastime, paperwork. He had a lot of paperwork, the school, the Wizengamot, and the I.C.W. And it was tiresome. Albus often wondered if it was worth it, he had been in a position of authority for so long, but who else could he trust to have the power. No one.
Albus stopped his work, leaned back in his chair and sighed. For someone who decided he did not desire power, he had it nonetheless. He wanted to use his power for good, but he was afraid that he would succumb to it's temptation as he had in his youth.
He had such great plans then, he was going to see the Empire with his lover, Gellert. In 1899, the European Empires controlled the world. They would have been able to see all the wonders of the magical world, at that time if you were wealthy, white and European there was nothing you could not do.
Then that hateful day his sister was killed because of a lover's spat and Gellert fled to Europe. Without his leash Gellert was drawn into the worst parts of the magical world, Gellert was not strong enough, he let his desires for 'the sins of the flesh' to twist a beautiful young man into a beautiful monster.
Albus stood from behind his desk and went to the window to look upon the Hogwarts grounds. He always seemed to think of his past on this day. Every since the Potters died Fawkes had vanished on Halloweens and he missed his friend on these days the most.
Looking at the Black Lake he remembered when Gellert disappeared in Turkey, it was rumored that Gellert was enslaved by a muggle gangster with the help of a wizard in Istanbul and made to perform 'services' in the bathhouses. He went looking for his friend and after seeing the 'services' available in those places, he hoped his love was dead. He discovered later that it was a false rumor. The rumor had allowed Gellert to disappear into the muggle world to start his revolution. Gellert helped stir up unrest in the Ottoman Empire and sow distrust between the Empires of Europe to start World War 1.
Years later Gellert appeared in Moscow in the guise of wizard he murdered in Siberia, Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin. In the disguise of Rasputin he continued the twisted version of Albus' own plan for the muggles. Albus wanted to control the muggles to stop them from killing each other in the ever-increasing wars and preserve the Empire. Gellert wanted to use select muggles and wizards to rule the world.
At the time Russia was already on the verge of revolution and Gellert used his powers to influence the Czar to take actions that were guaranteed to make the people revolt. When your people are marching peacefully for food, you do not shoot them down in the streets. The Russians left the War and the Germans moved toward the Allies in France.
He learned later that Gellert had his people in every European country’s government and used them to start the war and keep the allies from cooperating. Anything that would cause distrust between allies would increase the muggle body count. Gellert's beloved Germany failed to win the war so he used his inside people to ensure an imperfect peace at Versailles.
During the years between the Great War and 1932, Gellert continued to support every radical group of the early twentieth century. The anarchists, communists, industrialists and his favorite the national socialists. Gellert's new muggle pet Adolf Hitler prepared for a new war and through the years Albus tried to warn the British muggles, but no one wanted a repeat of the previous war. Albus' friend Neville Chamberlain went to secure peace with Hitler and returned with the peace treaty Albus wanted, but Gellert would not be denied the war he needed.
During this time, Albus taught at Hogwarts and did nothing while his lover destroyed Europe twice. He only hunted Gellert down when the muggles had already beat back the Germans. He probably never would have killed Gellert if not for the fact that the Russians and allies wanted to capture him and Gellert had too many secrets to ever allow people to make him talk, secrets about Albus himself.
He had contacted Gellert and offered to help him escape; Albus went to get his love and in one last night of drunken passion murdered him.
He hadn't wanted to kill his only love but it was for 'The Greater Good' and he had told Gellert that as he slit his throat. He had just finished 'releasing' in Gellert, when he pulled his lover's hair causing Gellert's neck to be exposed. Albus leaned in and whispered their phrase in his ear and using a straight razor he conjured wandlessly, slit his lover's throat. That was the only life he ever knowingly took, and he would never take another.
He spent the next day memory charming some local wizards who he used as 'witnesses to the duel of the century'.
Albus had retreated to Hogwarts and returned to teaching. Fawkes came to him later and further healed him. He worked hard, taught the young and found his passion was not to rule or wield great power it was to teach. To control the future of the world you educate the young.
The wizards of the old European empires elected him to head the I.C.W., and he accepted in the hopes of preserving the world of his youth. He loved the Empire and thought that all magic user's of the world would be better off with the civilized Europeans to rule them as it had been since before Queen Victoria.
The old colonies didn't see it that way and he ended up the head of a body that was as bad as the muggle's U.N. In the years after World War 2, the muggle world waged a third world war, only this time the major powers supplied the weapons and let the locals kill each other instead of their own citizens.
During that same time the magical communities of the world began to liberalize, they shook off the old attitudes about blood, and instead opted for ability over heritage. That caused the British magical community to retreat further from global magical cooperation and set the stage for Tom. The old families desperate to maintain their status in the magical world, listened to Tom and blamed the inclusion of 'mudbloods and half-breeds' as the reason the rest of the magical world were ignoring Britain's right to rule.
Tom told them that they once ruled the magical world and it was their rightful place. The old families desperate to recover their plantations, mines, and other foreign investments that were seized during the creation of the new independent nations, flocked to Tom's cause. Most were against the violence, but they supported the cause, they acted like any other silent supporter of a terrorist organization. They supplied money, condemned the violence and did nothing to stop it.
He didn't oppose Tom directly because even he believed that Britain should lead, if not rule the magical world. That changed when Tom started killing wizards and witches that opposed his ideas. Albus believed in the inherit right of the British magical community to lead the world, he just refused the violence. And he could not let Tom gain legitimate political power, because if he did then his own ideas about magic users guiding muggles would be twisted once again. Now he would do anything to stop Tom and keep his world from falling further apart, including sacrificing Harry Potter. If he had to he would lay that child on an altar and take out his heart with a stone dagger.
Albus went to the shelf and poured himself a firewiskey; he slammed back the drink and poured himself another just as Fawkes flashed in. Albus looked at his friend and asked, “Did you enjoy your Halloween my friend.”
Fawkes gave an affirmative trill, tucked his head under his wing, and went to sleep.
Albus looked at his drink and poured it back into the bottle. He decided Fawkes had the right of it and went to bed.
-OoOoO-
October 31, Halloween, Directors Office, Gringotts London, Hogwarts School Year 1996-97
Director Rangok was doing his least favorite pastime; he was checking the end of the month numbers and seeing how much money was leaving his bank. He became Director of Gringotts, the Ruler of all goblins over two-hundred and fifty years ago when London was the center of the world, magical and non-magical. Moreover, over the next two and a half centuries Gringotts London stored and used the wealth of every nation that the European countries stripped from their empires.
Rangok missed the days when the nations of Europe raped the world, now it was America, Asia, and the E.U. that were waging economic warfare on the world and Rangok was missing out on all that wealth and destruction. The magical communities of the world were separate from their non-magical counterparts, but economics knew no separation. Money followed money and whoever controlled the majority of the wealth controlled the flow of the everyone else's wealth.
Finishing the books and signing the slip of parchment that would transfer over a billion galleons out of his bank, he thought of the plan with Lord Black. They had decided to work together were they could. He still didn't trust wizards, but they had exchanged oaths to at least not lie to one another and work together to defeat Riddle. They could still not answer or refuse to work with each other on non-Riddle matters, but if they spoke of Voldemort, it was always a truthful and complete answer.
Rangok decided he would meet with the Lord Black and try to persuade the Ministry of Magic to join the planned Magical European Union, if they did not join the Union then the British magical economy will die a slow and painful death and Rangok would be the first British Goblin not to head the Goblin Nation in six centuries.
No, he decided to push to join the M.E.U., but not to hard and use the tightening British economy to force the changes Lord Black wanted as they built a middle class. That was the best part of the plan for the Globins, with a strong middle class the chances of a total economic collapse was much less likely. With the increase in manufacturing and technology in the non-magical world and with the investment of the Blacks and Potters in how to incorporate those changes in the magical world as a whole, Gringotts London would once again be the center of the world.
Rangok decided to notify all the goblins of his clan to buy or steal all technomancy research worldwide. Research that their respective human governments were working on and he would deliver it to Lord Black for a percentage of the parent company. Goblins were not allowed to start businesses, but they were allowed to own shares of wizarding businesses for their institutional portfolio. In addition, with advanced information on product releases they would be able to sell their shares in companies they would be competing against.
-OoOoO-
Saturday, December 24, The 1996-97 Hogwarts School Year, Black Villa Near Collioure, France
Amelie Moreau, younger sister of Apolline Delacour the wife of Jean Delacour, was sitting in her Lords suite having a drink before he returned and took her to bed. Four years ago she was a minor functionary in the court of the Veela Queen, now she was the sworn concubine to Lord Black and the mother of his son James Regulus Black. Soon to be the mother of his daughter Lily Vega Black. Her Lord originally contracted the Veela Nation for children, but now he had shown a certain affection for her and her for him.
She knew it wasn't love, it was a combination of business, family, and affection. She knew her Lord cared for her and that was enough for a Veela, Veela were sexual creatures and so was her Lord. When they went to Paris or Rome, her nature and beauty combined with his rakish good looks and charm guaranteed them a good time.
Amelie knew she would never be Lady Black, in England she would be a slave, forced to wear a collar and leash in public, and the purebloods would never accept a creature as the Lady of an Ancient and Noble Family.
When her Lord discovered who her sister was, he was pleased and that made her proud. When he discovered that her brother-in-law was the second in command of Département des Mystères Magiques he made love to her all night and she conceived their daughter.
The nature of the oath she swore made her a little more than a slave to her Lord, but he was a good and noble man and the oath protected the House of Black's secrets. Neither potions nor torture could get his secrets. She swore the extreme oath because he needed someone he could tell all his secrets.
Her position for the public was nanny for the children; she was their tutor and babysitter now that the adults were busy with the plan. Her Lord and his friend Lord Frank Longbottom were busy in England trying to keep the blood purists and Albus Dumbledore under control and protect the children. The Grangers and Remus were returning to University and setting up P.B.L.&G International's R&D division, with all the data from the goblins they were extremely busy. The Lovegoods were publishing their paper, with the truth appearing more often than not, although Xeno and Selene still did mythical creatures section. The Tonks and Lady Alice Longbottom were in charge of building and staffing P.B.L.&G Industries Manufacturing division.
Amelie set the glass on the table and wished they used house elves, if her Lord's plan for Lord Malfoy worked that problem would be solved. Her Lord received word from his cousin Narcissa that she was pregnant with a daughter and that Lucius was beginning to torture her for complaining about his treatment of Draco. Apparently, Lord Malfoy planned to turn his son into a little monster ready for service to the Dark Lord.
Amelie stood and went to check on the children in the family room, Nymphadora was watching James, she was staying over because of the holidays and she would not be returning to Hogwarts. A bunch of older boys were bullying Nymphy in the halls; the boys were making her change her shape and face. She was only eleven and really didn't understand about sex and the boys demands really confused her. The potions' professor walked by as it was happening and did nothing. When Andromeda later complained, he told her that it was her place as the daughter of a blood traitor and mudblood.
Her Lord would have killed the professor then, but he was needed to help control the Headmaster and defeat the Dark Lord. He decided to kill him later and educate Nymphy with the rest of the children. She wanted to be an auror and with the tutors her Lord had arranged she would be better trained than Hogwarts or the British Ministry could ever provide. She would be able to work in any field, anywhere in the world and not deal with the racist British ministry.
She cracked the door and saw the children had spread the sleeping bags out and were all asleep except for Nymphy and she would be soon if her eyes were any indication. Harry, Hermione, Luna and Neville were asleep next to each other with Nymphy and James off to the side. Shutting the door, she returned to her Lord's suite.
In the bedroom of her Lord and Master, wearing the floor length, blood red, acromantula silk nightgown that showed her figure perfectly, Amelie decided to ask her Lord if her niece Fleur could join the group in their training. The Flamels were taking the first students in over three hundred years and it was a chance not to be missed. Between the Flamels, the Goblins, the Veela, and every other tutor her Lord had arranged, the education on offer in the new round tower will be beyond anything ever tried. In her opinion, it will be magical and she was going to learn all she could.
-OoOoO-
Tuesday, February 24, The 1996-97 Hogwarts School Year, Unknown Longterm Coma Care Center
Lucius Malfoy didn't know how long he had been in this room, but he did know how he got here. He had gone into muggle London to get a new muggle pet. His last pet, a muggle boy of twelve, did not survive the Yule revel. Severus had gotten to excited and ravaged the boy to death. He should have known that the child would enrage Severus, the child looked too much like James Potter.
He had gone into London on New Year’s Eve because the muggles were in the streets celebrating and would never notice when he grabbed the child of his choice and apparated away. His father took him to a muggle park when he was twelve with a portkey and let him choose his first pet. His father insisted on a female pet for his son so he could use her for his needs during puberty. He had chosen a girl of about his age, tall with black hair and a boyish figure. It was his favorite body type and the night he was captured he had found one that reminded him of his first pet.
The girl he had been following broke away from her father and he was about to sweep in on the muggle girl when he felt a sharp pain. He grabbed the silver looking dart that was embedded in his right ass cheek and noticed it was covered in runes and had a tuft of red fuzz on the end. As he passed out he felt the portkey activate and knew he was in trouble.
Lucius Malfoy didn't know it, but he was the first deatheater to be captured by Emma and Remus' combination tranquilizer dart/portkey. The dart had muggle repelling wards engraved on the cylinder, after the dart injects the drugs the wards activate and then the portkey triggers leaving behind a bunch of clueless muggles. These darts would be one of the first items offered by BPL&G Security and selling them to the governments of the world would earn their families millions.
Lucius remembered he awoke in a damp stone cell, the cell looked to be thousands of years old and he remembered seeing these same cells when he and Regulus used them to practice curses on muggles they had kidnapped. He was in the Black Family dungeons and knew he was going to die for cursing Narcissa.
He didn't know how long he was in the cell because he wasn't allowed to sleep and when he did sleep he couldn't tell if it was five minutes or five hours. After Merlin knows how long the werewolf servant of Lord Black dragged him from the cell into the torture chamber. He was seated at a table with Lord Black across from him and the questions began.
Dan Grangers experience in the SBS taught him interrogation techniques, no sleep combined with veritaserum meant that the answers flooded out of Lucius' mouth. Veritaserum had limitations in that if you keep your wits you can limit answers to the basics, but with lack of sleep and no basic timescale to his life meant that limitation was moot. He didn't know how long he answered questions but he remembered telling his, his Lord's and everyone he knows secrets. Safe houses, his Lord's finances, and things he thought were useless.
Lucius wished they had killed him because he remembered giving Lord Black his master's diary at the same time he was forced to free his elf Dobby. If his master found him he would die a thousand deaths. After a night in the cell with a caged werewolf, he was more than willing to sign without reading the documents that made the Noble House of Malfoy a matriarchal line. Draco would never be Lord Malfoy.
Lucius didn't remember writing the letter that renounced Voldemort and said he was giving up his family titles because of the shame he felt at being weak and allowing himself to be enslaved to a mongrel half-blood. Narcissa was saving that for any government investigation and when the Quibbler told the tell of Tom Riddle. He also didn't remember when the goblins changed his family ring from the masculine ring of his ancestors to a finely wrought feminine piece for the new Lady Malfoy.
The thing the Marauders thought best was he also didn't know that his loving, caring, and loyal wife donated the money for the draught of living death and the facility that cared for him so he could enjoy his nice long wizarding lifetime with the best of muggle third world healthcare.
-OoOoO-
Thursday, July 31, 96-97 Hogwarts School Year, Potter Apartments, Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam, Amsterdam
Sirius Black was at the head of the ornate conference table starting the first meeting of the Board of BPL&G. The group were meeting in the Potter Apartments that he had refurbished for the purpose of these meetings. Around the table were seated the Tonks, Lovegoods, Grangers, Longbottoms, along with Remus and Griphook. Amelie being due any time was back with the Veela with James. He found himself falling for his concubine and was glad the she understood his need to remain unmarried. She also wasn't affronted by his need to seek pleasure outside of their relationship and when Amelie could she participated. It was good to be Sirius Black.
Andromeda Tonks thought she would never be back in the family she loved. She was proud to be a Black. She was proud of her heritage, the Blacks were living on the bank of the Thames long before Rome decided to visit. In the history of the British Isles, there had always been a Black witch or wizard. They were called the Black Family for a reason. She was now back in her family and about to help launch the family into the next thousand years.
Ted Tonks would have never thought he would be welcomed into one of the darkest pureblood families, after reading the history of the family he understood that the saying Toujours pur meant the family should only marry magicals not just pure blood magicals. The family had a long history with quite a few first generation magic users brought into the family. The tradition became twisted with the muggle industrial revolution. Magic users were afraid of the advancements muggles were making. They saw firsthand their beloved small villages that they had lived for hundreds if not thousands of years become slag heaps from coal mining and the air not fit to breath in the big cities.
Xenophilius Lovegood sat with his wife and thanked Merlin he could be part of this group. At this moment his six year old daughter was probably being told a bedtime story by Nicholas and Pernelle Flamel while he was in a meeting that would likely change the world. His family wasn't wealthy enough for them to invest in the company so Sirius brought them in as the advertisement and research specialists. With their desire to run a newspaper and history in the Unspeakables, they could help in any number of areas and they had more time to spend in the Tower with the children.
Selene Lovegood wanted this meeting to begin because when it was over she could get back to vacation planning, she had been living in the tower with the children full-time since the first of June. The children would leave the Tower in two days then Xeno and she along with Emma and Alice were taking all the children to Sweden for three weeks. Nymphy and Fleur have been staying in St. Tropez with the Delacours and would later meet them in Sweden before they went to Beauxbatons. The adults decided that the older children would go to Beauxbatons while the younger children were taught in the tower. Two years split into segments of ten days in the Tower and four days out with the occasional thirty or sixty day stent in the Tower to allow for longer vacations and tutoring in the real world. The group hoped to add four or five years to the kids’ ages in the Tower in the next two years in the real world then all the children would be closer to each other in education and age, and then the training can kick into a normal in Tower and out Tower.
Alice Longbottom sat at the conference table and was glad they included Neville in the Tower training. She had her doubts at first because of the time away from her baby boy, then Dumbledore begin dropping hints about Neville being the other child of prophecy and he would need training incase Harry wasn't the prophecy boy. She had seen through the old man and knew he wanted a spare tool for that damned prophecy incase Sirius became unreliable. Sirius was already unreliable and she thought Albus was aware that Black was training Harry. The old man doesn't say what he means and in the conversations they had with the man he knew more about what the Sirius was doing than they thought. He knew that Sirius lied about Harry being in America but didn't know where Harry was located. Sirius explained the adoption of Harry into the Black family along with the Black wards meant Harry was magically out of reach of the old man, he would have to use muggles and that wouldn't work because Albus didn't know squat about the muggle world outside of Britain. The group believed Albus would not do anything drastic until the children didn't go to Hogwarts, hopefully by then the kids would be past the age of fourth year students and in a bonded apprenticeship with the Flamels. Albus couldn't claim that it best to teach the kids at Hogwarts when they were being taught by magical legends.
Frank Longbottom thoughts mirrored his wifes except he knew Albus was more of a problem than just to the kids, the old man was playing political games that were making things difficult for the progressives in the Wizengamot. The old man played both sides against the middle and nothing got done, its been a hundred years since the Wizengamot passed a law that would be could be called progressive and that was to stop the hunting of werewolves and vampires for sport. Sirius and he had decided that Albus was as much a blood-purist as Voldemort and he objected to any modernization of the British magical world. He was even trying to dictate to the rest of the world that British laws should be international laws and that was isolating Britain even more. Albus would have to go.
Emma Granger couldn't believe that she was allowing her daughter to be aged magically. Fawkes had visited them a few times since that Halloween and during these meetings he showed her and Dan what could be for their little girl if they would just accept that she was the smartest witch in a thousand years and this training would make her the most educated witch in over five hundred years. Now that it was all coming together she was excited, scared, and every other emotion that effects people on the cusp of history, she had a chance to change the world along with her daughter and that helped her accept the training more. Emma was still a non-magical in a magical world so she knew that it was her and her husband’s job to keep the magicals aware of the wider world.
Dan Granger wanted this meeting over because he wanted to take his wife to bed, simple as that. He had decided that he would help his daughter become the best witch and human being he could and he believed that the tower would achieve that aim. He worked in his shop and tried to help the magic users copy muggle technology. It was against the law to enchant muggle items and that law was worldwide, but it wasn't against the law to create magic items that copied the same function. First on his list of items were cell phones and weaponry.
Remus wanted the meeting to get a move on because he was headed to the coffee shops and red-light district for a night out with a couple of young women. He may be a quite man and a scholar, but he was also a marauder, the man and wolf had needs. When the kids left the Tower, he would enter for the next thirty days out tower or ninety days in tower and he wanted to let the wild side rule for a few days before he met with the Flamels. They were going to finish the enchantments for the revised ROR; the Marauders found the room in their time at Hogwarts and Fawkes reminded them of it for training the kids. Dan had the idea to copy Star Treks holodeck hence the extra enchantments. The new room also incorporated the use of pensive memories. The Flamels had a library of memories they had been collecting since Pernelle invented pensive over five hundred years ago and they were allowing the group access for training and entertainment. One of Remus' first jobs was to begin collecting memories from people to use in the training of the children.
Griphook felt like a raisin in a rice bowl, what did he do to Rangok that the Director would assign him to work with humans. Since that Halloween he was called into the Director's office he had been moving up the ladder and the Director had him transferred to the Potter-Black accounts. Griphook thought he was doing good work but he must have done something wrong to be working directly with the smelly humans. He admitted to himself it was exciting work and he would likely get very rich but they were still human.
Sirius stood and announced, “Let's get this show on the road people, we have other things we would like to be doing, so first I need to say Albus knows that I'm training Harry and that you are all involved. My spy doesn't know how the old man knows but I suspect that he just knows so many people that unless we disappear into the jungle somewhere he would find us eventually. He still believes that Harry will be at Hogwarts in four years and I don't plan to tell him any different.”
“Secondly, the horcruxes. The ones we have, the wand, cup, locket, diary and Fawkes brought us the diadem. That leaves Harry's scar, the broach that he fed to his snake and the wraith itself. We believe the snake is in Albania inside Slytherin's lair, Snape told Albus that he made an enchantment potion for Nagini. The potion mutates the snake and force binds the thing to Voldemort. The snake needs to be put in stasis for I don't know how many years and Snape told Albus that Voldemort went to Albania with the potion and snake after it was made. He attacked the Potters shortly after he returned so we know the snake is still in stasis and Voldemort should be with the snake now.”
Sirius paused for anyone with questions, none were asked, so he continued, “We have to make some decisions, what method do we use to break Harry's horcrux, do we let Voldemort return to a body or try to prevent it and find a way to track him down. The Flamels are not sure that we can trap the wraith. I think we let the monster return, use him as a banner for the conservative purebloods, use his return as a means to overthrow the government, let him gather his army and kill them all.”
If Sirius' first statement didn't cause questions, his second did.
Sirius let the roar settle and stated, “ we have a third option we tell Albus, Amelia Bones, and Fudge, let the shit storm commence while we retreat to Europe and only come forward when Voldemort forces the situation.”
Xeno had been quite during the entire meeting so he decided to interrupt Sirius, “excuse me Sirius, Harry would have to be involved in the capture of the wraith. The prophecy states vanquish and hand of the other, if we try to trap the wraith without Harry the prophecy might interfere and we don't know what problems that could cause. Besides I don't think Harry could cast the necromancy spells to trap the wraith until he is an adult and I don't think we want to teach Harry any form of necromancy. ”
Sirius was glad that someone else brought up the idea of not teaching Harry the dark arts, he wouldn't care if Harry was a little dark in nature because everyone had a darker side, but he would never allow teaching the dark arts to his godson. Sirius nods to Xeno and asked the group for their opinions.






 
 
 
 
 
 
Sign up to rate and review this story