Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Shadows of the Night

The Plan

by CrimsonRogue

The New Dark Lord makes his plans

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Characters: Bill Weasley, Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-04-06 - Updated: 2006-04-06 - 1000 words

?Blocked
Later that evening, after getting Harry and his things settled in the master bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place, Dumbledore took Snape's wand and touched the tip of his wand to the other. /"Priori Incantato/," he muttered. A ghostly shape of an owl appeared out of the wand. "Well, that confirms Harry's story. Now, I wonder where Tom could have been?"
________________________________________________________________________
Harry lay awake on the bed and lost himself in thought. He had absorbed Voldemort's memories and knowledge as he had consumed the other's existence. He didn't know where that magic had come from, though he wasn't about to tell anyone about it. He instead searched his new memories for spells that Tom had known. He was not about to return to the way things used to be. He was the most powerful wizard currently in existence. Not even Dumbledore could match the raw power output that Harry could keep up effortlessly. He decided that he ought to expand his horizons and his experiences, leaving nothing to chance. He knew that his first action would be to prepare himself for the coming battles. He wouldn't be fighting against the death eaters. With the permanent demise of their lord, they would disband. Instead, he would be fighting against the forces of the ministry and, if he was extremely unlucky, against the Order itself.

First things first, though. He got out of bed and walked over to the desk against one wall of the room. He started rummaging through the drawers, finally finding what he was looking for, a complete listing of the estates of the House of Black and the estates of the House of Potter, which Sirius had been the executor of until such time as Harry became of age. He read down the list, eyes widening as he noticed that 12 Grimmauld Place was merely a small piece of property from a much larger selection and wondered why Sirius had never informed him of these locations. Harry also found a copy of Sirius' will, and noticed that it didn't mention every property. Instead, it just mentioned 'all estates belonging to the House of Black.' He smiled at Sirius' foresight and decided that the first thing he wanted to do was to visit all these places. He noted two that weren't on the British Isles. He saw that one was somewhere in France, and the other was in the Caribbean. He found one located off the coast of Britain, but still a part of the country. Now, all he had to do was bide his time and wait for the right moment.
________________________________________________________________________
The right moment came later that night. It was after midnight, and there were only three people in the house. Harry, Bill, and Fleur Delacour were the only ones in the house, and Fleur was asleep. Harry walked downstairs in his pajamas, yawning and found Bill poring over a letter at the kitchen table. "Hey, Bill. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing Harry, just some trouble with Gringotts. How are you doing?"

"Not too bad, anymore, just a little out of it, I guess. I mean, I'm sorry that Remus is dead and all, but I think it's tempered by the elation that I feel now that Snivellus is dead."

"Who?"

"Oh, right. Sirius, Remus, and my father used to call Snape 'Snivellus' when they were going to school." Bill just laughed in response. He went back to looking at the letter and marking it in places with his quill. Harry walked over to the cupboard and pulled out a glass. Waving Voldemort's wand over it, Harry conjured some water silently. Drinking it rather noisily, he raised Voldemort's wand and aimed out of the corner of his eye. A red jet of light shot out of the wand and Bill fell over onto the table, stunned. Harry noticed that Bill's hand was still on the parchment, so he walked over to it and tapped it with the wand, whispering, "/Portus/." Bill flashed out of existence. Harry apparated up to his room, grabbed his wand and some of his things, and walked out into the hallway. He whispered, "Kreacher?" and the House-Elf appeared with a resounding CRACK!

"What does master want?"

"How would you like me to be out of your hair, Kreacher. I know you would prefer a pure-blood master or mistress. Tell you what, if you'll do something for me, I swear that I shall give you to Narcissa Malfoy."

"You would do that for Kreacher?"

"I would."

"What would you like from Kreacher?" he asked, sounding suspicious.

"Find the room with the girl in it and unlock the door. That's all. If you do that properly and silently, within the next three weeks, I will turn you over to Narcissa Malfoy. Agreed?" Kreacher bowed deeply and wandered off to check all the rooms. An hour later, he came back.

"The filthy veela-blooded one is in the room directly below yours, master, and the door is unlocked."

"Thank you, Kreacher. Until I hand you over to Narcissa, would you prefer to stay here or at one of the other Black estates?"

"Kreacher shall go to Black Manor, find me there." Kreacher disappeared with the same noise as he had appeared. Harry walked down the stairs, whistling tunelessly until he got to Fleur's bedroom. He threw on his invisibility cloak and walked into the room. She was lying under the blankets, with one slim leg poking out from underneath the covers. He shuddered involuntarily and walked over to her. Waving Voldemort's wand over her body, he silently cast an enchanted sleep spell so she wouldn't wake up until he wanted her to. He then noticed that on her bedside was the dragon figure from the Tri-Wizard Tournament. He smiled and thought to himself 'Perfect.' He placed the dragon figure loosely in her open hand and tapped it with Voldemort's wand, whispering, "/Portus/." She vanished shortly thereafter, and he apparated to The Tower of High Sorcery, which was one of his many properties.
Sign up to rate and review this story