Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Remorse Is Blood and Tears

by jajajajaime16 11 reviews

No one wants the weekend to end...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-07-16 - Updated: 2009-07-16 - 1179 words - Complete

5Moving

"I have to go," she said sadly.

"No one says you have to," he replied.

Dani sat back against his headboard, frustrated. "Gee, I can't-"

"Yes, you can. You could stay here with us. I'll make up some excuse for my mom, she'll understand. She has to."

As tempting as the idea was, she knew it wouldn't work. "Look. I know this weekend was great. It was the most fun I've had in a really, really long time," she started. "But...I still live some where else. I still have to go home."

"It's stupid," Gerard mumbled, falling onto the mattress and laying on his side, away from her. "So stupid how fucked up some people can be."

Dani swallowed the lump in her throat and reached out for his arm. She gently turned him over onto his back. "It is. But I promise, I'll be okay?"

He didn't believe her, but he could pretend that he did. "Pinky swear?" Gerard held out his little finger for her to grab on to.

"Pinky swear," she laughed, crossing their fingers together.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Where did the time go? Dani asked herself a few minutes later as she was standing at the door to the basement. It seems like ten minutes ago I was in the cross-fire of Mikey and Frank's potato war, or bragging about winning at go-carts. And now I'm about to go back to my own personal hell-hole.

Gerard blinked twice at her. Why do I feel like...like this is the last time I'll ever see her again?

They stared for another minute; neither one of them was keen on cheesy farewells or teary exchanges.

He took a deep breath and walked over to her, taking her face in his hands and kissing her blindly. Dani's bag fell to the floor with a thud, her lips barely moving against his. Shit, I could stay here for hours...not literally, but-oh, God, is that his tongue? Ah, that's...he...just...tastes so good...What if I'm bad at this? What if he was lying back there behind the pizza place? Ah, shit.

She shoved the negative thoughts out of her mind and concentrated on him. So perfect...no wandering hands like you'd expect him to have...

"I should definitely come over here more often," she half-laughed, half-panted a moment later.

"And now she sees it my way," he sighed. "Just needed some...persuading."

"Gerard," she said sternly. "I'm still going home. And you know I hate that smirk." Wrong! I totally love that smirk!

"Wrong. You love the smirk." And so he smirked.

"How the fuck d'you do that, Mr. Way?" she asked in disbelief.

Gerard made a face. "Mr. Way is my dad. And I don't know...I just...maybe I'm telepathic..."

"Maybe you are," Dani sighed. "Maybe...you...are."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"She left, Frank, so shut up," Gerard growled.

"But just because she's gone doesn't mean you need to hole yourself up in your room and refuse to eat," Mikey added.

"Yeah!" Frank agreed. "Look, we're all sad that she's gone. And...we all know why we didn't want her to go home in the first place. But, Gee, you can't punish yourself because she's stuck with a stupid mother fucker at home."

"I can, and I will." Gerard walked over to the door and slammed it shut, locking it behind him. "Go home, Frodo!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani used her key to open the front door and walked inside, depressed.

"Let's see..." she muttered to herself.

Fuck! she swore internally when she saw Issac sitting at the counter...crying?

"Bastard," he sobbed to himself, unaware that she was standing behind him, quietly sneaking towards the hallway. "No good son of a bitch."

Dani glanced at the bottle in front of him from the end of the dark hallway where she was hiding. "It's full," she whispered.

"How could you do this to her?" his voice almost cracked. "She's nothing like her mother...doesn't deserve this..."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Gerard finished off the sip, wiping the trickle that escaped his mouth on his sleeve. "Too good," he groaned. "This shit is too good."

Images filled his mind of Dani, a hand raised over her, screams pouring out of her mouth, begging him to stop.

Then another image. Tears rolling down her face, holding up the bottle in her hands. The same one sitting in front of him. Smashing it over her head, blood falling down...falling down...

And another. Himself, standing in front of a mirror with a gun poised in his hand. He needed to do it quick, one shot to the head would be all it took. Mikey would be so upset. His mom would cry at his funeral. So would his dad. Frank would probably try and climb into the coffin with him. And Dani...Dani would have nothing to say, except that she should've tried harder...

He shook his head. This stuff is fucking with my head...

Holding hands and walking down the street. Until the street turns into blood...so much blood...But they're still laughing...still laughing...

Gerard opened up the drawer in front of him with some difficulty. Need to...write that down...

He finally found a decent piece of notebook paper and a pen to write with. Blood, blood, gallons of the stuff...I can't control myself because I don't know how...and they love me for it. Honestly, I'll be here for a...while. So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff...They can fix me proper with a bit of luck...They adore me so, but it's really quite alarming, 'cause I'm suck an awful fuck! I gave you blood, blood, blood...I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love...

He sang some of it in a mocking tone, before shaking his head and putting the paper in his junk drawer. "That shit don't even make any...sense."

Nothing makes sense, he thought, surprisingly coherent even though he'd had so much to drink. Life doesn't make sense. Someone fucks, then there's a kid, then that kid grows up, and eventually said kid is an adult, who grows a little bit older and dies. Or so they say.

He laughed angrily and chugged the rest of the bottle. "But that doesn't exactly work out for some people, now does it?"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"I've done...horrible things to her...horrible things," Issac mumbled to himself, so quietly that Dani could barely hear his rambling. "I'm such a sick fuck...such a sick..."

She swallowed hard and leaned her back against the wall. Is this what remorse looks like? What it sounds like?

Sorry this is kind of short, but I have no more time! MCR owns those mixed up "Blood" lyrics...not me or fictional Gerard...
R+R, please, if you want the next chapter up soon....
And yeah, if you're wondering, the "Issac" parts of this chapter did happen. But obviously they didn't mean shit...sorry...
Song(s): "Blood" by My Chemical Romance and "Extraordinary Girl" by Green Day
(Love you guys and I mean it!)
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story