Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

"What Else Ya Got Up Your Sleeve To Make Me Think You're Perfect?"

by jajajajaime16 8 reviews

Hm....read and find out xD!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-13 - Updated: 2009-07-14 - 1564 words - Complete

5Original
Gerard stirred in his sleep when he felt a hand curl around his neck. He opened his eyes slightly and saw Dani, shaking in her sleep next to him.

"No..." she moaned quietly. "Don't hurt him."

His heart felt like it was smiling and crying at the same time. "Sh..." he whispered, even though she couldn't hear him.

Dani shivered and pulled Gerard closer to her. "No!" she repeated, louder this time.

He fell back asleep that way, holding her close to him, listening to her talking in her nightmares, and wishing he could protect her from how ugly the world is.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani woke up with her face pressed against a plain black t-shirt. She sat upright slowly and looked down at Gerard.

She laughed when he snored quietly, blowing strands of black hair off of his face.

He yawned and sat up a few minutes later. "Fuck. The floor hurts."

Someone's grouchy! Dani thought, laughing. "Morning to you too."

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and frowned. "It's not a good one. You have to leave today."

And so the elephant was back in the room. "Uh-huh." She bit the inside of her cheek, stopping just short of drawing blood. "But I can still stay for a while. He said he wouldn't be back 'till later tonight."

Gerard crossed his arms. "How can we be so god damn casual about this? I sure as fuck don't want to send you home knowing that as soon as you get there, you're guaranteed to get the shit beat outta you!"

It wasn't like she had anything to say to that. "Look, for now, can we just eat breakfast and enjoy the rest of our day together?"

He tried to ignore the fact that she was hastily changing the subject and nodded. "Sure we can. I was thinking, maybe we could go out somewhere?" He glanced down at the floor and blushed. "Without the two stooges."

Dani smirked. "Is Gerard Way asking me out on a date?" she asked.

He decided to smirk back at her. "Yeah."

"Hm...I'm not sure, since it'd only be for lunch, if that would be considered a decent date?" she teased. "Fuck, not like I have anyone else to hang out with. Yes."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After filling up on more of Donna's amazing cooking, getting dressed, stuffing all of Dani's belongings back into her bag, and distracting Mikey and Frank, they were finally able to sneak out the door.

"God, I never thought we'd be able to get away!" Gerard sighed, reaching out for her hand.

"Me neither." She smiled and bit her lip, lacing her fingers with his. "So where are we going, exactly?"

"I was thinking we could either fill up on popcorn and see a movie, get junk food from a vendor at a park, or go go-cart racing at that place that's a couple blocks from the elementary school." He paused, laughing. "Sorry we gotta walk, by the way. Still savin' up for a junk car. I've had my license for almost a year now, I just can't afford anything."

Dani shook her head at him. "I say we should do go-carts. Not like I have a car, either. I don't even have my license, even though I'm old enough....Hey, when's your brithday, anyway?"

"I'm gonna turn seventeen in April. April 9th. When's yours?"

"Ha, I can't believe we didn't cover this earlier! Um, mine's not 'till June 14th. It sucks."

He hummed a song under his breath while they walked.

"Aces High. Iron Maiden," Dani said after a minute or so.

He looked at her in amazement. "How'd you...?"

She laughed. "I love that album."

His mouth dropped open, and then he leaned over and kissed her. "Comics, Iron Maiden! What else ya got up your sleeve to make me think you're perfect?"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Have fun riding the brake behind me!" Dani called over her shoulder as they were getting strapped in.

He snorted over the sound of the small engines. "You wish!"

The other people around them in other cars rolled their eyes.

The small screen in front of them counted down from five.

5! Dani put her foot in place on the gas pedal.

4! Gerard set his hands at ten and two on the steering wheel.

3! Dani inched forward slightly.

2! Gerard just barely applied pressure to the pedal underneath his foot.

1! Dani concentrated on the track in front of her, grinning.

GO! They both slammed down on the gas, going as fast as the carts would let them.

The first turn was hard for both of them, since they were going faster than they should have been.

"Shit!" Dani swore as the back of her cart crashed into the metal barrier on the edge of the track.

Gerard laughed his head off, speeding ahead of her.

She righted the cart and drove faster, trying to catch up with him. She knew if she didn't, he'd never let her live it down.

The smug look on his face dissipated as she passed him, sticking her tongue out at him. "Hey!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"I won, I won, I won!" Dani yelled, walking with Gerard out of the go-cart line.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he muttered, not really a sore loser. "So where d'you feel like eating?"

"I...I don't really care."

"Hm....Reggie's Pizza it is!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

About an hour later, they were sitting at a booth in a locally owned pizza parlor, enjoying their lunch.

Dani set down her pizza (that, again, Gerard had insisted on paying for) and stared at him from across the table. Not for the first time, she was awe-struck by how much he'd given her.

He'd befriended her when nobody else was brave enough to. He'd chased her down again and again. He'd reunited her with Frank, who she'd never expected to see again.

He'd resisted the pull of a life-size doll, Jenna.

He'd finally gotten her to admit how fucked up her life was. He'd told her he loved her.

Hell, he drew beautiful pictures of her. He'd opened up to her about his grandmother. Helping him get over it was one thing she had given him. He hadn't gone too far that day in his room, so he hadn't hurt her, even when he surely could have.

He'd reassured her again and again that he really did love her for who she was. He'd taken out the ugly, rude side of her and brought out the kinder, gentler Dani Santos.

How the fuck did this guy do it all? The only flaw she could see was his drinking, but hopefully even that had stopped.

"You okay?" he asked her.

"How...how did you get so perfect?" she said without meaning to.

His eyebrows went up in surprise. "I ain't perfect. You, of all people, should know that," he said sadly, studying the table.

She shook her head, moving out of her trance. "I'm not that...hungry anymore. You think we could just find someplace to be....alone?"

He nodded, wondering what was going on in her head. "Yeah."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Mmm...." Gerard groaned into the kiss. "Dani," he breathed. "Dani...ugh...what are you doing?"

She only stopped kissing him enough to answer. "Making out with my boyfriend, that's what."

He groaned in his head when she started sucking on his neck. Why can't you just fucking sit back and enjoy the damn ride, Gee?!? "Dani..."

"Mmm?" she hummed against his skin.

"We...we gotta...get...home..." He shuddered. How the hell is she so good at this?

She pulled back, which he was grateful for, and looked at him questioningly.

Seeing the look on her face, he explained himself quickly. "Just because...that was getting too fast, too soon."

She blushed when she realized she was still practically straddling his lap. "Sorry."

He shook his head. "No, don't be."

Her eyes darted around his face, which was only a couple inches from hers. "I thought that you would...want...that."

He exhaled, ready to kick himself. "No...I mean...yes...yeah, I want you. Too fucking much. But you and I both know that...it wouldn't be right. And I really don't think you'll be okay with anything more than what we...were just doing...for a really, really long time."

She understood. She understood too well. "I know," she sighed.

"Hey," he said when she turned away. He gently grabbed her chin, making her face him. "I love you," he reminded her, hoping she still didn't feel rejected.

Her face brightened slightly. "Love you, too."

A/N: Again, I am NOT trying to be some stupid fangirl. Gerard and Dani are both CHARACTERS only.
Okay, now that I got that out of the way, how cute are these two?!? Very.
Sorry if this will disappoint you, but they won't be going farther than that ^^^. Just to clear that up, even if most of you probably already knew that.
And I'm not really sure how much longer this story will be. It could take three chapters, or it could take twenty. I never know, I'm too spontaneous.
*Rate and Review my lovelies!*
Song: (Even though it hasn't TECHNICALLY been released at all yet) "The World Is Ugly" by My Chemical Romance (go look it up on YouTube if something's wrong with your brain and you don't know what I'm talking about xD)
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story