Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life On Standby

Who I'd Be

by adalae 2 reviews

Zoe gets a scare. Nick is no help.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-07-16 - Updated: 2009-07-17 - 923 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Who I'd Be

NOTE: Sorry for the horrible wait. I got distracted writing on my other fic (Crawling Towards The Sun) and working on ideas for other ones (I have a focusing problem I think). I promise to try to be better =]

An hour or so after Pete left and I cleaned up breakfast I clutched at my stomach as pain shot through my body. I groaned a bit thinking it must have been something I had eaten. I drank down a cup of water but I still felt uneasy. I walked over to the bathroom and before I even knew what to think I vomited into the toilet. Nick appeared in the doorway and crossed his arms, “I thought I was supposed to be the one clinging to the toilet for life this morning,” he said sitting down next to me, pulling my hair behind my head and out of the way.

“Augh,” I muttered and wiped my lips, “I don’t even feel sick I just… I’m just sick.. like… I can’t explain it..”

“It might have been something you ate… but then again I’m not sick,” Nick said with a shrug as I threw up again. He rubbed my back and left to go grab my water. Upon his return he laughed a little, “Maybe you’re pregnant,” he said jokingly and we both froze.

I stuttered a bit and I could have sworn my heart stopped beating for a moment. “I need to get dressed,” I said quickly and sprinted to my bedroom. I heard Nick’s door close and I immediately went to start changing. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked at my stomach. I didn’t notice any changing in weight or anything but it could have only been the size of my thumb by that point. If it was even there. I threw on a pair of jeans and an old Zepplin shirt and grabbed my purse. As I left my room Nick was close behind me.

“You’re not going alone, Zoe.” He said quickly and threw on a hat. I nodded a silent thanks and we were on our way to the drug store.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

We walked into WalGreens and I looked at the five hundred different pregnancy tests. “Which one?”

Nick only shrugged, “Me and Cynthia never had a close call that I knew about so….”

“You’re so useless,” I said and grabbed a couple of different brands and dragged Nick to the cash register with me. An old woman named Irma (according to her nametag) looked us up and down and nodded her head in disgust.

Slowly, she rang up our items, plus a giant candy bar Nick just had to have, and asked, “Trying for one?”

“Excuse me?” I asked and then laughed a little, “No, no, no. I just… No we’re not trying.”

“Good then,” Irma said as I handed her my credit card.

Nick looked at me and asked, “Why?” to Irma.

Irma looked and shook her head, “No ring,” he pointed at my hand. I immediately drew my hand back, “Kids are just so irresponsible nowadays,” she muttered and gave me my card back.

“Well,” I said putting my arm around Nick’s, “We already have two,” I said in a ditzy voice, “We just can’t have a third.”

Irma looked at me in disgust as I kissed Nick on the cheek and he grabbed the bag, “I just can’t help it,” he said, “I mean,” he continued and gestured at me, “Come on! Who wouldn’t want her to have their children!” For fear of giving poor Irma a heart attack Nick and I left and went back to the apartment.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

“Has it been two minutes yet?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, it should be turning a color…” I said as I held the first stick in my hand. “Pink its positive and blue it is negative” I repeated over and over again as the color began to change. “Shit!” I said.

“Is it positive?” Nick said rushing over and looking at it, “What the fuck? Did you do it right?”

“It’s peeing on a fucking stick Nick, I think I handled it correctly!”

“Well it’s Purple. That’s not a fucking choice miss failure! You obviously screwed up. How about the others?”

Throwing it into the trash I cursed at the first stick and grabbed the second one, “No!!” I yelled again.

“What?” Nick said taking it from my hands, “A division sign? What are your choices?”

“Plus or Minus.” I muttered quickly back.

“Well shit! Are you half pregnant or something?!” Nick yelled.

“I don’t know!” I screamed back grabbing the last stick, “This is weird too. It’s supposed to say ‘Pregnant’ or ‘Not Pregnant’” I sat down on the ground next to the bath tub, “Its supposed to be clear and easy.”

“And?” Nick asked taking it from me, tossing the second one in the trash, “O-T-P-R-E,” he couldn’t help but laugh, “shit Zoe, I think you need to go to a doctor or something. These are no help.”

“I blame Irma. I bet she cursed them,” I said and threw the empty test boxes against the wall.

“I doubt she would do that, she would, however, curse your uterus. Much more effective,” Nick put his arm around me, “So whatcha gonna do if it’s positive?”

“No idea,” I said and leaned my head against his chest, “No idea.”
Sign up to rate and review this story