Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life On Standby

Wanderer

by adalae 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-27 - Updated: 2009-07-28 - 973 words

1Exciting
Chapter Three: Wanderer

Nick and I fell asleep on the couch around two in the afternoon after the pregnancy fiasco and woke up around six. I woke up to the smell of burn bread and realized Nick was trying to cook. “Hey,” I muttered as I peeked at him from the couch, “I think you burnt something.”

“Don’t be a bitch,” Nick said throwing a rock hard brown brick of bread at me. “Hubby will be home in about a half an hour, you should go pretty up or something.”

Jumping from the couch I remembered all of the pregnancy tests scattered in the bathroom, “FUCK!” I yelled, “We gotta get rid of everything. I don’t want him to know… if I’m… you know..” I said rushing to the bathroom.

Nick grabbed me by my shirt and held me tight to calm me down, “Done,” he said quickly, “done. Don’t worry. I took care of it. Threw it all away in the big dumpster. Go get dressed.”

Sighing I walked over to my bedroom and fumbled through the closet and wondered why Pete was coming home early. Hadn’t he said he would be home late? I didn’t really want to complain though, I felt bad having Nick ruin our anniversary and for kinda blowing him off that morning so I planned on hoping to make it up to him. I flipped through the clothes on hangers and settled on a blue and black polka dot sundress and put on some makeup. Moments later I heard the door slam shut, “he’s home.” I muttered to myself.

I jogged out of the room and caught Pete as he was tossing his jacket onto the couch. Smiling I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss, “Glad to see you,” I said with a grin.

He seemed a bit taken aback because Nick was only feet away from us but he didn’t complain as he kissed me back. “I think you better help him,” he said glancing at Nick, “Don’t let him burn our apartment down.” He gave me another quick kiss and broke away from me and walked to our room as I went to go help Nick in the kitchen.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Pete stared into his reflection in the mirror of the bathroom and laughed a little at the craziness that came along with dating Zoe. He splashed some water onto his face and fumbled for a hand towel. “Fuck,” he muttered as he dropped it onto the floor. He bent to pick it up when he hit a piece of cardboard. He picked up the blue piece of cardboard and went to throw it in the trash can when two small print words caught his eye, “HOME TEST”. He muttered the words to himself and searched through the trash to find nothing but toilet paper and the remnants of a blue box. “Home Pregnancy Test” was scribbled in an eloquent font on the box. Gasping a bit he searched for the pregnancy test but found none. “Holy shit,” Pete said dropping the box back into the garbage.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

A few minutes later Pete emerged in a new outfit and sat down next to me as Nick put food on the table. Smiling he laid his hand on mine but didn’t look at me. Thinking he had a rough day at work I decided not to ask but smiled and commented on how edible the food looked. Nick laughed and brought a bottle of wine to the table. He poured himself a glass and Pete and gestured to me. I nodded him off and smiled, “I’ve got a drink,” I said gesturing to my glass of water. Nick shrugged and sat back down and we all began to eat. Nick and I dominated the conversation and Pete barely ate.

After dinner Nick volunteered to clean up and Pete and I said good night to him and went to the bedroom. After closing the door I looked at Pete as he changed into his pajama pants, “Are you okay?” I asked concerned, walking over towards him. “Bad day at work?”

“No,” Pete said looked up at me, “What?”

“You’re…. acting weird,” I said and walked to my dresser and grabbed some PJ’s of my own. “Feeling okay?” I asked as I changed quickly into my shorts and tank top. I smiled an empathetic smile as I crawled onto the bed and wrapped my hands around his shoulders, “You don’t seem to be yourself.”

Pete just sighed and turned to smile at me, “Long day,” he said and kissed me on the forehead, “Lots of work stuff…”

I let out a little whimper to let him know I felt bad for him and rested my head on his chest. He pulled me close and hugged me tightly. Something was wrong and he wasn’t telling me, I just knew it. “You sure you’re okay?” I asked again, looking up at him.

“I’m fine,” Pete said softly, “Everything’s just fine.”

I could tell by the tone of his voice that everything was not fine. I broke out of his hold and pushed myself underneath the covers and turned away from him as I hit the light off. I felt him slowly do the same and after the lights were off I felt his arm fall across my waist. I cried a little silently – I never wanted things to change. Right now, this moment, was absolutely perfect. A baby would complicate things, we weren’t even married for goodness sakes! My family would disown me if they knew I was living with a guy let alone having his baby out of wedlock… I didn’t sleep much that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story