Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

Goodnight Tonight

by nicole_ownsxxx 4 reviews

some shit goes down at the dance.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-17 - Updated: 2009-07-18 - 2221 words

5Exciting
Gerard and I arrived at the dance just as it got dark. The people who put on the Ball had gone all out this year, and it was beautiful. The dance floor was outlined in the light rope, and the tables had black and white flowery centerpieces, which gave the Falls an overall classy feel. There were Tiki Torches (for the bugs, and a little light) and clear Christmas lights strung up for light. The moon was also full, so it helped a little. It was very dim, but bright enough to not run into people and to see the other girls’ dresses.

Meg was there with Chad, and Frankie was there with Cathy, the girl he’d taken out for ice cream last Friday night. Jacob wasn’t there, thank God. I immediately sighed with relief.

Gerard looked at me, concerned. “It’ll be fine,” he whispered. “I won’t let him near you, okay?” He put his hands around my waist and sat at the table next to Meg, Frankie, Chad, and Cathy.

“Wow. It’s official. Every girl in this town is fucking hot,” Frankie said, looking around. “Are you guys seeing this!? It’s fantastically unnatural! Babe, let’s go dance,” he said, grabbing Cathy’s hand, whose dress didn’t leave much to the imagination.

Apparently Meg noticed this too, because she just looked at me and cocked an eyebrow. We both laughed.

Chad and Gerard asked what was going on, and Meg just smiled and made Chad dance with her, leaving me and Gerard at the table.

“Do you wanna dance?” he screamed into my ear. I could still barely hear him. The music was blasting loud, bass-heavy music.

“Yeah!” I screamed back. Gerard grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. We danced for a while, and Cathy’s dress flew up a few times. Chad and Frankie both noticed, and I saw Chad high-five Frankie. I’d never seen him so happy. Meg and I announced we were thirsty, and left Gerard, Chad, and Frank to look at Cathy’s butt.

At the punch bowl, Meg smirked as she poured herself a cup of punch. “I told you I’d make sure Gerard couldn’t take his eyes off of you.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. I’d figured with Cathy’s panty-less ass would have any guy distracted.

“Look at Gerard right now,” she said, nodding her head towards the dance floor.

I looked at him, and he was staring at me. He saw me looking at him and looked down, stuck his hands in his pockets. Then he looked back up and waved. I smiled softly, mainly because Cathy was looking for her lost earring on the floor, and her boob was about to pop out of her dress, which had Frank and Chad very distracted. I waved back and blushed.

“What’d he say when you first saw you?” she asked curiously.

I cocked my head to the side. “Nothing, really. He said I was ‘wow’. Very articulate.” I didn’t tell her about falling onto the coffee table.

Meg jumped up and down and clapped her hands. “Wow! Gerard’s never speechless. I am the master of makeovers. Or Gerard’s just really into you. And seeing as there’s a half naked girl bending over right in front of him, I think it’s the latter,” she said.

I only smiled and looked at Gerard again, who was looking back at me. He didn’t look away this time, only smiled broadly and bit his lip.

“Definitely the latter,” Meg said, looking between us. “Now, I’m going to go make Chad stop looking at Cathy’s ass. We can’t all have men who will only look at us for the entire night. Oh, here comes Gerard!”

Meg took off for the dance floor where Cathy had found her earring and was dancing with Frankie again, and Chad was just standing there.

Gerard was making his way towards me, and as soon as he got to me, “Goodnight Tonight” by The Dollyrots started playing. Couples immediately began slow dancing.

“Do you want to dance…again?” he asked nervously. “I mean, I know it’s a slow song, so if you don’t want to I get it, if you think it’s too awkward or whatever, but if you do—”

“Shut up and dance with me, Gerard,” I said, taking his hand and pulling him onto the dance floor.

He put his hands on my hips and I put my hands on his shoulders, and we danced at arm’s length for a few seconds, until Meg ‘accidentally’ bumped into me and sent me crashing into Gerard’s chest.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, pulling back.

“No problem,” he said, not letting me move. He whispered into my ear rather nervously, “I like this better anyway.”

I looked up at him. My forehead was even with his lips. “I do too, honestly,” I replied.

He looked into my eyes. “Your eyes are pretty.”

“I thought you said they were depressing,” I countered.

“They are, I mean, I did. Well, they’re dark, sad, mysterious. And beautiful. You know?”

“Not really.”

“Like, a minor key. The most beautiful kind of music, because it makes you feel…I don’t know. I just feel like I’m melting when I look in your eyes. Because they’re so pretty and warm and…all these other adjectives I can’t think of right now. I’m rambling, oh God, this is a disaster…”

He looked up and broke eye contact with me, and I heard him cuss. “I’m sorry, Lily,” he said.

“Gerard, that was the most romantic, jumbled explanation I’ve ever heard,” I said.

“Good. I thought I’d lost you at ‘adjectives’,” he said.

“You had me at ‘minor key’,” I answered. Gerard’s smile faded, and his hand found its way to my face, and I remember Meg saying something about grease.

Meg could suck it.

Gerard ran his thumb across my lips, and I put my hands around his neck and pulled his face to mine. His breath was hot against my lips, and I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through the back of his hair as Gerard murmured, “Oh, Lily…”

And then he was violently ripped from my grasp.

I opened my eyes to see that Jacob had tackled Gerard right before we’d kissed and was now punching him in the face. Gerard, too shocked to realize what had been going on, could only throw up his arms and hope to deflect some one the punches.

“Jacob! What the FUCK do you think you’re doing!?” I screamed.

He got off Gerard and stood up and looked at me. “Lily McWhorter, this is your last chance!” he yelled. “It’s me or Gerard, you have to pick RIGHT now!”

A crowd had circled around us. Frankie and Meg were kneeling beside Gerard, trying to stop the blood gushing out of his nose. One of the bystanders handed Frank a handkerchief and he put it under Gerard’s nose.

“Gee, I wonder who I’ll pick,” I said sardonically.

“It’d better be me,” he said menacingly.

“Well, it’s not. So get the fuck away. And don’t EVER touch me or Gerard again!”

Officer Kevin cut through the crowd. “What happened here?” he demanded to know, reaching for his gun. “Lily?”

“Nothing,” Jacob said quickly.

“Is that Gerard?” Kevin asked, looking at Gerard bleeding on the floor. He was barely conscious.

“Someone call Donna,” Frankie said as Gerard’s head drooped. Meg pulled her cell phone out of her bra and began dialing.

Jacob took off running. The kid was fast. Kevin took off after him, and I went over to Gerard.

“Did he hit you?” he mumbled as I stroked his hair.

“No, he didn’t hit me,” I said.

“Good. Because, I’m not kidding, Lily, I’d kill him if he did. Where’d he go?”

“You should drive him home, Lily,” Meg said. “Donna didn’t answer.”

“Let’s go, Gee,” I said, helping him up. His nose still hadn’t stopped bleeding.

“Okay.” He tilted his head back and pinched his nose.

We walked to his truck and I helped him in the passenger’s seat. He was still looking upwards. I got in the driver’s side and took off. On the way home, Gerard’s nose stopped bleeding and he cleaned off his face with some paper towels and a bottle of water he found in the back.

“Lily, I’m sorry tonight didn’t go like it should have,” Gerard said.

“It’s not your fault,” I said. “It’s Jacob’s. He ruins everything. This night really meant a lot to me.”

“I know. Me too. I swear I’m gonna kill him if I see him again,” Gerard said angrily.

“Is your nose okay? It looks a little crooked.”

“It’s not a big deal. I’ll set it when I get home.”

“I think it makes you look rugged,” I smiled. “It’s kind of sexy,” I joked.

“Well then,” he replied smugly, “I may not set it.”

We pulled up in my driveway and I got out of the car, and so did Gerard. He walked me to my door, and while I rummaged through my purse for my house key, Gerard started talking.

“You shouldn’t have let Jacob ruin your night. We could have stayed at the Ball, I’m fine, really.” As he said this, his face was twisted into a grimace from obvious pain.

“It’s fine, Gerard, it wouldn’t have been fun anyway,” I said. “So, you need to go home and fix those wounds on your face.” He had a few cuts on his cheek and his nose was bluish.

“Nah, that only looks painful,” he said slowly.

“Liar.”

“No,” he said, shaking his head.

“Gerard Way, go home,” I said with a smile. I found my key in my purse and stuck it in the keyhole. Before I could turn it, Gerard grabbed it and threw it over his shoulder.

“What was that—”

He kissed me. Softly, sweetly, on the lips. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him, and my arms went around his neck.

He pulled away and smirked. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that,” he said, resting his forehead against mine.

“Thank God you did,” I said.

He kissed me again, and we stayed there, on my front porch in the dark, kissing and holding on to each other. Everything was perfect, in that moment, and he was the only thing that mattered. The only thing that was real. Everything I needed.

Finally, Gerard let me go and said he’d better get home, because he was sleepy and drowsiness and blood loss plus driving didn’t go together well. I kissed him goodbye and watched him drive off, then started looking for my house key.

I had just pulled it out of the grass when I heard a voice behind me.

“Lily?”

I spun around to see Jacob standing there in a muddy tux.

“Why did you kiss Gerard?” he asked angrily.

“That’s none of your business,” I snarled. “Get away from me.”

“Just talk to me, I’ll convince you that I’m the one you want, if you’ll just talk to me, I promise—”

“No! Go away!” I made a run for the door and unlocked it, but Jacob blocked it off before I could get inside. I kneed him in the crotch and pushed him out of my way and went in the house. I chain locked the door immediately, but before I could deadbolt it, Jacob opened it as wide as he could and stuck his arm through.

“Let me talk to you!”

“Go away!” I yelled, thankful that I hadn’t worn Meg’s stilettos. There’s no way I would’ve made into the house with those on.

“If you don’t talk to me now, I’ll just come back. I’ll call you, I’ll follow you, and I won’t leave me alone until you love me!” he screamed ferociously.

I look out the gap between the door and the frame at Jacob.

“If you call me, I won’t answer. If you talk to me, I won’t answer. If you don’t get off my porch, I’ll call the police. So, get the fuck away from me, okay?”

“What if I died?”

“Wouldn’t care. Now leave!”

I slammed the door as soon as his arm was out of the way. I dead bolted the door and looked out the window, and I saw Jacob leaving my yard.

Then I went upstairs and took the longest shower of my life.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

wow. i'm impressive. long chapter, huh?
i will also try to update tomorrow, but no promises, okay?
now, rate and review.
it makes me want to update, you know. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story