Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

We Sleep Forever

by nicole_ownsxxx 5 reviews

some shit goes down outside lily's house.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-18 - Updated: 2009-07-18 - 1194 words

5Exciting
I woke up the next morning in a terrific mood. The sun was streaming through my window, and normally when I woke up at eight a.m. this would have annoyed me, but today nothing could annoy me.

Gerard’s kiss kept playing through my mind, and instead of being grumpy like I normally am after I wake up, I opened the window to my bedroom and let the fresh breeze run across my face.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, but decided that getting dressed was below me, so I went downstairs for breakfast. (Another rarity, normally I’m running late and don’t get to eat, or it’s too late to eat breakfast.)

I smiled as I made some coffee and found a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the counter. The box was nearly empty, which meant Mom hadn’t made it back this morning yet, because whenever she comes back there’s always a new box of doughnuts.

I stirred sugar into my coffee and looked out the window, at the bright, sunshiny day. I could see the front porch swing, and I had the sudden desire to go eat breakfast outside. I finished my doughnut and decided to finish my coffee on the front porch. I unlocked the door and frowned, remembering why exactly the door was dead bolted and chain locked. Jacob and his creepy self had hid in my yard and watched Gerard kiss me, then try to hurt me for not picking him. As if I would.

Oh, well. Gerard kissed me!

I opened the door and took one step outside, not looking at the floor.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. It was tangy, metallic. I could almost taste it in my mouth. It smelled familiar, yet sickening. The second thing was the wet feeling on my feet, cold and sticky.

I don’t remember how long I screamed. I do remember dropping my coffee cup and watching the cup shatter and the coffee mix with the blood pool on the porch, leaking from the body outside my door.

I remember Mr. Iero running out of his house in his boxers and a t-shirt and burying me in his scrawny arms, pulling me away from the body, telling me everything was okay.

I remember crying so hard I threw up in the flowers Jacob had hidden in that one night as Mr. Iero held my hair back and called the police.

I remember looking at the body, the body I’d seen alive and well only eight hours ago. There was so much blood, everywhere, on the porch, handprints on my front door, my bloody foot prints down the stairs, and dripping down the stairs so gently.

Then Kevin was beside me, holding me as I cried some more, offering to take me to Meg’s house until my mother got back from wherever the hell she was. After about fifteen minutes of questioning from the other cops about what had happened the night before and where I’d found the body and if I’d moved and so forth, I made my way to Kevin’s cruiser, next to wear the coroner was standing, talking to one of the policemen.

“—slit his wrists with a steak knife from his mom’s kitchen, I’d presume. It’s still in his hands, and multiple cuts indicate hesitation marks. He’s been dead for about five hours, based on the temperature of his liver. Poor girl, ever having to see a body in this condition. There’s more blood here than I’ve ever seen in any other sui—” The coroner stopped talking, and noticed me standing there for the first time.

Kevin only glared at him. The coroner blushed, and said quickly, “I’m sorry, Kevin, I had no idea she was behind, I would have never—”

“Just shut up,” Kevin growled, and helped me into the backseat of the cruiser. I immediately curled up into a fetal position and tried to forget this morning’s events. Unsuccessful, I cried. We pulled up to Meg’s house, where someone had evidently called and warned her that I’d be coming by because Meg was out of bed and waiting on her front lawn, still wearing her makeup from the Ball.

She wordlessly helped me into her room and laid me down on her bed (which was huge, by the way) then walked back across the room and closed the door.

“Lily? What’s going on, no one’s telling me anything, Mom only came in here and said that some tragic happened and you were coming over, but that’s it. So what’s going on? Why are you crying? Is your mom okay?” she demanded.

I only cried harder.

“Is someone dead?”

I flung my arms around her neck and sobbed, “There was so much blood, Meg! It was everywhere!”

“Who’s blood, Lily?”

“Everywhere. I dropped my coffee…and it…”

“Lily! Who’s blood!”

“The body, oh my God, the body, so pale, lifeless…”

“Who’s dead?”

I looked her dead in the eye and whispered, “Jacob.”

Tears streaked down Meg’s face. “Are you serious?”

I only nodded. I was too shocked to speak anymore, and even though I’d just woken up thirty minutes ago, I immediately fell back asleep.

--------------------------------------------------
I didn’t know what time it was when I woke up again, but Meg was gone and the curtains were covering the window. The sun was barely peaking through still, so I knew it was daytime. I could only just see everything in the room.

I felt an arm around my waist and I moved my head slightly to the left and saw Gerard sleeping next to me on top of the covers. My head was throbbing from crying so hard earlier, and I groaned softly. Gerard’s eyes opened as soon as I made a noise.

“Hi,” was all he said.

I tried to say something, but my throat was raw. From the sobbing, I presumed.

“I’m supposed to take you to the police station when you wake up. Meg’s down there now. Do you want to go?” he whispered, magically knowing I had a migraine.

I only shook my head.

“Then I won’t take you yet.”

More tears escaped my eyes.

“Stop, stop crying. Everything’s going to be okay,” he whispered. He wiped away my tears gently with his thumb. “Do you want me to leave?” he asked.

“No,” I said so quietly, I wasn’t sure if he’d even heard me.

He pulled me into his arms. “Then I won’t leave you.”

I started sobbing again as Gerard whispered comforting things to me and stroked my back delicately.

“I’m here, Lily,” he whispered over and over again.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

last update for a week or so, sorry.
i went a little update crazy today and yesterday, but i really wanted to get this one out.
rate and review!
Sign up to rate and review this story