Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cancer (Frerard)

Cancer (Frerard)

by vampyGee 1 review

What happens when Gerard is diagnosed with cancer?what will Frank do?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-19 - Updated: 2009-07-26 - 917 words

1Ambiance
~Frank~
It all started about four months ago, four short months ago, we all knew something was up, but we just had no idea.
-Flashback-
"Frank!", Gee was calling me from the bathroom, he must be sick again. I went in to find my beloved husband leaning aver the sink, red liqiud sitting at the bottom, blood.

"Gerard!", I gasped, turned on the tap to rinse down the blood."Come on hun", I pulled him up.
"Frank", he mumbled. "So sick, hurts".
"I know, I'll call the docter in the morning , get back to bed", I helped him back into bed. He pulled on my hand weakly.
"Stay just until I fall asleep?" he asked. So I crawled into to bed, his body was like ice as he curled up beside me. Once his breathing evened out, I knew he was back to sleep, but i could not sleep. I was afraid for him.
- -
That was how it started, when I knew it was more than just the flu. So I took him to a health clinic the next day, fearing for the worst, and not at all prepared for what the docters would tell us.
-Flashback-
The door opened. The nurse came out, hopefully with Gerard's exam results.
"Dr. Byers would like you both to join him in his office, please", she said, and we followed her back to the tiny room the docter called an office. I helped Gerard into his seat. This had to be bad.
"Gee, I love you", I whispered in his ear and looked up at the docter.
"Mr. and Mr. Way", Dr. Byers said. The nurse left, closing the door behind her. "There's, well, no easy way to put this, but the test results are not in your favor".
I clasped my husband hand in my own. "How bad, what is it?", I asked. The docter's grim expression was starting to freak me out.
"Just fuckin' tell me!", Gerard said angrily.
"I'm so sorry, Mr. Way, but your test results...........You have, maybe, two months at the most".
"For what!" I demanded, knowing already.
"Mr. Way, do you smoke?", I wasn't sure to whom he was asking, but unfortunately we both do.
"Yes", Gerard said slowly, a tear ran down his cheek, like he already knew.
"I'm so sorry, But Mr. Way you have lung cancer, and its already advanced. Theres no chance of stopping it".
- -
We went home that night, spending the entire night in sobs and kisses. How could this have happened? I thought this happened to people who smoked for 40 years not me and my Gerard. He's only 27, for God's sake. Then, all we could do was wait. Do you know how hard it is to watch your love die, slowly, everyday, and you just sit there helpless. Only you can encourage him, and share the time you have left.
He chose not to be hospitalised. He wanted to spend all his time left with me and his family. We said he wanted to die at home,with me beside him.
-Flashback-
"Hey babe, you hungry?", I had made him breakfast in hopes that he would eat just something.
"Sure Franks", he sighed and sat up. He really looked awful, but he'll always be my beautiful Gee; always. I sat the tray down in front of him. I'd kept it simple, just pancakes and coffee, his favorite. He only ate a little.
"Frankie", he said "I'm sorry".
"For what?" I smoothed back his messy hair.
"I'm going to leave you", he whispered "I don't want to".
I held him close "Me neither." But we knew he didn't have much time, and our tears began to fall.
- -
We spent a few weeks like that, I waited on him. He slowly died. He would stay up as long as we could, we'd just talk, and talk. He couldn't really sing anymore, so I would sing to him and play my guitar, but his final days neared.

-Flashback-

"Frankie?", Gerard rasped from his death bed. I went over to him at once and wiped the cool cloth over his burning forehead.

"What is it?", I asked softly.
"I want to hold you............last time", he managed to say.
"No Gee, not the last", but I sat down wrapped my arms around him, his around mine, his dry lips pressed weakly to mine.
"If you find another, I won't blame you, just be happy. Please Frankie, I love you," he said in my ear.
"Never will be anyone but you," a tear leaked down my face.
"Good," he kissed me once more." I'll always love you. Forever," and as I held him, I felt the rise and fall of his chest stop.
"Gee?" I whispered. No answer. He had died in my arms, just like he wanted to.
- -
That night I cried and held his body, when I looked down at him again, his lips were turning blue. The following day, the funeral arrangements had been made. He was buried next to his grandma Elena, just like he'd wanted.
And here I stand, over his grave, laying down red and black roses. I can't get over it; its been almost a month since his death.
"I love you, Gerard", I whispered.



P.S. I hope you all liked it. Maybe, if you all rate and reveiw, I'll make a sequel and Gee will come back as a ghost, but that's up to you!
Sign up to rate and review this story