Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Healing Begins

by killxsmile 9 reviews

He is her cure.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-27 - Updated: 2009-07-27 - 1114 words - Complete

4Ambiance
Author's Note: Rockband 2 at my cousin's house yesterday. It's the most fun when nobody knows how the song goes ;) It put me in an amazingly good mood, resulting in this update.

THANK YOUS
tryingtohard_x: You're sticking with Alex? I'm impressed.

lol. Gabe Saporta is sex on legs. Fo' real.

somethingorother: I agree. Alex = douchebag at the moment.

Oh man. Orlando Bloom in LOTR was pretty great. I liked him in Pirates of the Carribbean, too ;)

F-A-S-D: Woahwoah! Another one on Team Alex?

Lucky duck! MTV's Sunblock Festival? I hope you have/had fun!

xStabxMyxBackx: JT & JTT? Awesome ;)

lyrical_lies: Ah, a Team Undecided. I know, it's a toughie to choose.

doyleangel: Yes, I know I'm evil. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I had a crush on Devon Sawa, too. When watching Final Destination I was all "Don't die! DON'T DIE!!!"

ash360: Brad Pitt is a classic. lol.


STORYTIMEEE.

I woke to a raging hangover and the sound of people getting onto the bus.

“Shit, did I leave my sunglasses at the table?”

“Not this again…”

“You left them on the bus. See? They’re on top of the microwave.”

“You should really get one of those chains attached to them. Y’know, like the old librarian ladies wear.”

“Oh shut it.”


“Paul?” I quietly asked as he walked past my bunk.

“Good morning,” he greeted, taking a seat on the edge of my bunk.

“Morning,” I yawned, sitting up. “What’s going on?”

“Here,” he said, handing me a paper bag and a tall vanilla bean frappuccino. “We stopped by Starbucks just now, but we didn’t want to wake you up.”

“Mmm. Thank you,” I said, before kissing his cheek.

“No problem.”

Leaning against his shoulder, I took a sip of my drink. Luckily the stale taste of alcohol in my mouth was replaced with that of vanilla beans.

“Still sleepy?” he asked.

“Just a little,” I quietly replied, trying to mask my pounding headache.

“But it’s almost noon.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah.”

“Then I should probably get up.”

With that, I stood up from my bunk and made my way to the lounge. Paul followed close behind and took a seat next to me.

“And Sleeping Beauty finally wakes,” Bryan commented.

“Considering how much I drank last night, I’m surprised I woke up at all,” I commented.

“Here,” Martin said, tossing a bottle of aspirin my way. In my headachey haze, I wasn’t able to catch it. Lucky for me, Paul got it and poured 2 of the white tablets out for me.

“Thanks,” I said, downing them with a sip of my frappuccino.

“You gonna be okay?” John asked.

“Mhmm,” I nodded. “Just give me an hour and I’ll be fine,” I replied, leaning against Paul’s shoulder once again.

He kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arm around me. Martin shot us a curious glance, and I simply smiled in response. An I-told-you-so grin spread across his face before he turned his attention back to the Xbox.

“What’s the plan for today?” I asked, opening the paper bag on my lap. Inside was a blueberry muffin.

“Chill on the bus, get to the hotel, and sleep in an actual bed,” Paul replied.

“Sounds lovely,” I said, before taking a bite out of the dessert. “Want some?”

He nodded and took a big bite out of the side.

“This is one of the reasons I really like you,” he said after swallowing his portion of the dessert.

“Because I share my snacks?”

“Well, that’s a plus, too, but I was going to say that you’re sweet even when you’re hungover.”

With that said, he pressed his lips to my forehead and I snuggled against him.

Having a crush.
Falling
in love.
Both of these sayings imply pain of some sort.

But when Paul kissed me, I felt the exact opposite. In fact, I was happier than I’d been in a while.

It goes without saying that Paul and I have gotten really close over the course of my stay on the BLG bus. But rather than putting a label on our relationship, Paul and I decided to let it define itself. We cared about each other, and that was all that really mattered.

After an hour or so, my hangover was reduced to a mild headache, and it was about then that we reached the hotel.

“YOU’RE ALIVE!” Jack greeted as I stepped into the lobby.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked as he wrapped me in a hug.

“Well from what I heard, you drank like a fish then puked up a lung in the bushes. Then you were so out of it that you fell asleep in the bushes.”

“Well you heard wrong,” I said. “I drank like a fish, puked up a lung in the bushes, then Jessica brought me back to the bus and I fell asleep on the floor. Then John woke me up and I fell asleep in my bunk.”

“That still sounds pretty bad,” he replied.

“I know, but Paul and them are taking good care of me,” I said as the aforementioned boy walked into the room.

“You look happy,” he commented.

“I am happy,” I said, smiling.

As if on cue, Paul walked up next to me and slipped his hand into mine.

“Thanks for watching over my little sister, man.”

“Yeah, no problem,” he replied, glancing down at me and squeezing my hand.

“Well, I’ll catch up with you later, okay? Right now I’ve gotta go dibs the nicest room.”

“Alright.”

With that, he wrapped me in a quick hug and ran off toward the elevators.

The rest of the band soon got inside, and we checked into our rooms. It was a tight fit, but all of us were able to squeeze into the elevator, bags included.

I leaned my back against Paul’s chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist. But before the doors closed, I caught a glimpse of Alex as he walked into the lobby. He shot me a pained look before looking down.

I meant it when I told Jack I was happy.
But if that was the case, why did I feel like shit?

One step forward, two steps back…


+++++
Chloe's moving on.
Right?

RATE & REVIEW if you want to find out.
(And just to let you know, the next chapter is gonna be intense.)

Q&A #14: What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "cobracam"?

My first thought: "Let's get wasted!"
PS. Since it's Monday, they're posting a new one tonight!
Sign up to rate and review this story