Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The City Is At War

I Can't Do It Alone

by adalae 1 review

The war continues

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2009-07-27 - Updated: 2009-07-28 - 794 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER TWO: I CAN’T DO IT ALONE

“Harper!” Adalae called from the hallway, “Open the door!”

Harper bitched for a moment about having to get up from the couch, loud enough for Adalae to hear, and opened the door to her office, “Yes?” she asked faking like she was being interrupted as Adalae threw a box at her roommate.

“This needs to end, Harper,” Adalae said crossing her arms, “You know what was in that box?” she said quickly, “One hundred fucking crickets. That’s what.”

Harper simply cocked her head to the side, “And?”

“And,” Adalae said pushing her way into the office, digging through her purse. After a moment she slammed a pair of teal sunglasses down on the table, “Look familiar? Found them in the hallway. He must have dropped them after planting the box.”

“Caleb,” Harper muttered quickly, “Sly sly boy…” She sat down next to her roommate and stared at the box as she put it down. “Crickets?” she asked looking over.

“Crickets,” Adalae said, “Those fuckers won’t be found for weeks. And you haven’t been home but they will not shut up. Which is why I’m here.”

“Shouldn’t you be working? You know….being productive?” Harper asked as she put the sunglasses into the box.

“Yeah. I cant with those crickets chirping. I can’t write a damned chord without hearing the chirping. It’s messing with me bad Harper. This is crossing the line. I don’t care if he fucks with you but he’s messing up my apartment too. If you’re going after him, I’m in for backup.”

Harper had a wicked grin on her lips as she smiled, “Oh… Mister Turman…. Yesterday’s water balloon was only the tip of the iceberg…”

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

“Go Adalae,” Harper said on her phone as Caleb and the rest of Forever the Sickest Kids entered her office. She gestured for them to sit on the couch and Caleb sat down, the box in front of him. Smiling Harper opened the box and tossed him the sunglasses, “Thought you might miss these.”

Caleb smiled, “Thanks,” he said with a grin and slid them onto the top of his head.

“Yeah, no prob,” Harper said with a grin in return and peered over the window as she set up the video camera for the interview, “My roommate found it.” Even from one of the upper floors she could see her friend running towards Caleb’s van, armed and ready to go.

“Roommate?” Caleb asked, not knowing Harper lived with anyone else, “Really?”

“Yeah, she dropped them off on her way to the vet. Apparently our cat is sick. Weird,” she muttered and shrugged it off. They didn’t have a cat but she wanted Caleb to think so – Mental warfare was the new gang jumping of violence.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

After the interview was over Harper smiled and had the guys to their little exit sound bytes and Caleb hesitated as he was the last one out of the door. “See you later,” he said and stepped out. Harper thought he wanted to say something else but shrugged it off as she clicked to call Adalae, “Abort the mission Adalae, they’re on their way out,” Harper said quickly, “Repeat, Abort it like the unwanted child after a horrid drunken one night stand. Go! Go! Go!” Harper poked her face against the window as she saw Adalae run from the Van and broke out in laughter.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

“WHAT THE FUCK!” Kyle yelled as they approached their van.

Caleb cocked his head to the side as he ran his hand across the shrink-wrap that completely covered their van. “She couldn’t have…” he muttered as he stared at it in awe.

“She was interviewing us!” Austin said digging in his pockets in hopes of having his Swiss army pocketknife, “She couldn’t have!”

“Her roommate could have,” Caleb said and kicked the tire. “Bitch!” he yelled and looked over at the window that was Harper’s.

As they worked with two little tiny pocketknives the guys got their van unwrapped from the clear cellophane only to find that nearly everything – the seats, floor, steering wheel, and everything they had laying around - in the van was wrapped in Barney and Hannah Montana wrapping paper. “What the fuck!” Kent yelled. “No wonder she tried to make the interview as long as she could!”

Caleb jumped into the driver’s seat, ripping the paper from the rear view mirror and the steering wheel she shoved the keys in to the ignition, “Oh it’s on now. They want to play hardball? Let’s get going guys,” Caleb said letting out a laugh, “We’ve got a lot of planning to do.”
Sign up to rate and review this story