Categories > Original > Fantasy > Footprints to Pawprints

Alien

by pandaxbear 1 review

Saras first day of school

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2009-07-30 - Updated: 2009-07-30 - 1059 words

1Original


my mother dropped my siblings and i off at school. immediately they scrambled in various directions to catch up with their friends in the different grade level buildings. i scrambled nowhere. i made my way through the crowds of people, noticing a few people from last year, but not anyone special. i saw Jean Gorman and her usuall crew, and then right along with them, i saw Mark Kennedy and his crew. As soon as Mark saw me, i almost let out a cry. he smirked and started walking towards me. this gave Jean an even better reason to hate me, instead of hating me for being a misfit. "sup babe?" Mark laughed, slipping a muscular arm over my shoulder (captain of the basketball, lacross, and wrestling team). "you sure changed over summer, i like it". i hadnt. this was just another revolting attempt to get me to like him. oddly enough, he didnt like me. i was just his challenge. since every other hairbrained girl in the school liked him, i was the one exception. i slithered out of his hold. "aww cmon girl. hot girl like you should be with me" he explained. i was to embarrassed by the watching crowd with thier giggles, and points, that all i could think to say was "no thankyou". i ran inside the school building and got to the library as fast as i could. i plopped down at a table and put my head down. Mrs Devoe, the librarian, shushed me. Willow Hill Highschool didnt look like a highschool, it looked like a small university. it was also rulled by its students. faculty and staff consisted of the biggest pushovers in the schools history. if the student didnt feel like going to detention today, that was alright. if the student would rather hookup with a lacross player in the back of the library instead of attending French, go right ahead. all you had to do was whine or complain. but the king and queen of the royal student body, were Jean Gorman, and Mark Kennedy. they werent a couple, but everyone knew Jean would like to be one. there were rumors about them ever so often, but most of the time, willow hill highs king and queen were just friends while Mark went to browse through willow hill highs female percentage.

i got up from my library table and went over to a book shelf to browse. i loved romance books. not the crazy erotic kind, but the kind that are soooo cliche, but make your heart melt and you wish that it would happen to you. i settled on one with a tall dark and handsome man, with a blond girl in a maid outfit drapped across him. as i pulled it off the shelf my eye caught someone standing about 3 yards away, also looking at books. but not romance novels, fantasy novels. i looked at him, he hadnt gone to willow hill high last year. i was sure of it. but he was amazing to look at. even for me. who wouldnt dare get into any sort of relationship with a boy. he was taller than me by a head or two, and muscular. he had sun kissed skin, and very defined features. his dark brown hair had a shine in the flourescent lights above our heads. almost creating a halo for his angelic face. then he looked at me.

ordinarily, i would have shuddered away. but he had captivated me. i couldnt look away from this boy. now that he was looking at me, i could see he had hazel eyes that went from green to chocolately brown, depending on the angle you were at. a sexy stuble from not shaving this morning. and an adorable smile. unlike other guys at willow, who had the devils thoughts smuggled into their smiles, this one was genuinely a happy smile.

"cute" he said. still looking at me. "whuhuh?" i stuttered like an idiot. "nice book" he said again. not even a sarcastic hint. "haha youve read it?" i asked skepticly, thinking he would say "HA! good one, no!!!". "well yah. im a sucker for a good romance" he laughed at himself, putting the book he held back on the shelf, and selecting another. "you should read it". "thanks i will" i said. "are you new this year?" "uh yah actually. i just moved in to town. my family lives on the west side of the forrest". i got excited. "really my family lives on the east side of the forrest, right next to it". "cool" he laughed, noticing my excitement. he must have been used to the attention from girls. "wow, im so glad i met you, i thought i was gonna be without a friend for like, the whole school year!" he said smiling at me. i thought it was wierd that he could call me friend, after we had exchanged, what, 4 sentances? but the smile he gave me, made me believe it. the alien had found a friend.

we made our way back to my table. "soooooooo, got a name?" he asked. holding a book under his arm and a messener bag in the other. "oh yah!" i laughed. names. i had forgotten about those. "im sara" i smiled. "you?" "Luke" he said, and sighed while looking around the room. "whats wrong?" i asked. "oh nuthin ya know. just the whole school starting up again...again." "oh thats right. youre new, you must have left a lot of friends at your old school." "no, not really." he laughed. what was so funny? "im not actually allowed to have friends. my mother and father want me to focus on my studies." i looked down. when he notice i did, he said "but i couldnt help myself when i saw you". then he looked down. and we both blushed.

the rest of the school day, Luke and i just talked. i learned that he lived in a big house on the other side of the forrest and his family expected much out of him. he had 5 younger brothers, 2 older sisters, and 3 younger sisters. "wow, you must need a HUGE house and lots of food" i said, shocked at his family size. "naw, they pretty much take care of themselves. we just need lots of room to run around.
Sign up to rate and review this story