Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Those Darn Ways...

MSI vs. MCR: The Not-So-Epic Showdown

by jajajajaime16 6 reviews

Bandit, it's judgement time xD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-31 - Updated: 2009-07-31 - 1546 words

1TrainWreck
One shot # 2: MSI vs. MCR: The Not-So-Epic Showdown

Apparently this fictional Gerard and Lindsey talk to their dog and/or baby a LOT. They're fun that way. Anyway! Go ahead and read...

"Okay, I'm only going to be gone for a few hours, there's bottles in the fridge, her binkie's on the nightstand-"

"Linds, I got it, I got it!" Gerard insisted.

She had to smile at the look on his face. "I have two babies...you're just the bigger one," she teased.

He held up his palms. "Hey, I'm a pretty...okay, somewhat self-sufficient baby, then."

Lindsey laughed. "Yes." She paused, biting her lip. "And don't let-"

"The dog into Bandit's room or she'll wake her up." He smirked. "Told you, I got this."

"Yeah, you do." Lindsey wrapped her arms around him. "You're such a great dad."

"And as a husband?"

"Eh, you're okay at that, too," she joked.

Gerard smirked again and pulled away from her. "Really? Just okay?" He started tickling her mercilessly. "Take it back!"

"T-tickle Bandit, not me!" Lindsey shrieked, trying to stay quiet.

"Take it back..."

"Fine!" she huffed. "You're more than okay-" He waved his fingers threateningly. "You're a great fucking husband. Now can I please go to lunch?"

"Sure thing," he laughed.

"Bye..." Lindsey poked her head into Bandit's room. "Bye," she whispered, closing the door.

Gerard waved at her as she walked out the front door.

"What to do, what to do," he muttered to the quiet house. "Hmm...you need to write."

"But do you want to write?" He waggled his eyebrows in the foyer mirror. "Not really..."

Raisin shot out from the corner of the hallway with the baby monitor in her mouth, running towards him.

"Oh." Gerard leaned down and picked up the dog. "Ew," he groaned as he pried the slobbery device out of her mouth. "She's awake, isn't she?" he asked Raisin.

The dog looked at him like he was crazy.

Bandit's soft whimpering answered his question. "Daddy to the rescue!" He walked into the baby's room and gently took her out of her crib. "At least you're quieter...last time you woke up from your nap you were royally piss-er, ticked off or something."

She smiled widely, proud and toothless. Bandit reached up unsteadily and tugged on a few strands of Gerard's long black hair.

"Haha, guess you're happy I've been growing it out." He let her play with his hair for a few minutes, but soon the tugging turned into pulling. "Ow, okay, sweetie, let go! Pwease?"

Bandit started clawing harder at his head.

"Geez, I've got to let you play with Sir Toro's 'fro. Maybe then I won't be a target." He unwound her stubby baby fingers from his hair and clasped both of her hands between one of his, just in case.

Her lower lip wobbled. Gerard noticed. "Aw, don't cry, it's nothing personal!" (ATL reference, anyone? Lol.)

Bandit didn't actually flat out cry, but she pouted. And somehow this was worse. Because it made him feel guilty. "C'mon," he sighed. "Let's find something else to do."

He carried her into the living room and set her on his lap, reaching for the remote.

"Charm School...no. Real World re-run...no. News? Ah...no way!"

"Gah!" Gerard threw the remote down on the couch. "Hopeless. I can't even find a decent cartoon. Ah, well, I should be writing anyway." He started to get both of them up from the couch, but he noticed that his iPod was laying on the coffee table. "A-ha!"

Bandit tried feebly to clap her hands together at his suggestion. Or at least that's what he thought she was doing.

"Be prepared, little Ban. This shi-stuff is gonna blow your mind." He scrolled through the artists, meaning to go to his own band, but paused over Mindless Self Indulgence.

"Is it weird that I have my band and Mommy's band, too, on my iPod when I've been listening to all of it for years? Playing my half of it? Over and over and over again. God, so many concerts."

He shook his head. "Whatever. I don't care if it's weird that I've got my own band on my iPod. Your mom listens to it," he continued, almost like he was trying to justify himself in front of no one but his three month old daughter.

He kept scrolling through the songs. "Bitches"...uh, even if she can't understand it, I'd feel really weird making Bandit listen to it. Same with "Faggot..." Hm..."Straight to Video," is when Jimmy was a little less, uh, sailor-mouthed. Or drunk. He laughed.

"'Straight to Video' it is." He pressed play and held one ear bud up to his ear, and the other not too close to Bandit, but enough that she could hear.

"Little darling, welcome to the show. You're a failure played in stereo!" Gerard sang quietly.

Bandit did that clapping thing she did again and giggled.

"Yeah? You like MSI?" Gerard laughed.

"Okay, okay, that was pretty good, I admit. I hope my band's good enough for you, your Highness."

He scrolled through all the 'Bullets' songs, figuring they'd be too...aggressive for a little baby. He went slower on the next album's songs. "Hmm...'Helena' should be good."

Again, he pressed play, but this time it wasn't so well received. Bandit brought her eyebrows together in the middle of the first verse and formed a pout.

Gerard barely noticed it, but when he did, he shook his head at her. "No, no, just listen for when the chorus kicks in."

She gave him a look. If babies can give 'looks,' she had hers down pat.

"Aw, come on! I wrote those lyrics! That's Uncle Toro's amazing shredding! How could you not..." Gerard felt slightly betrayed by his own flesh and blood.

"Okay, fine. Moving on to 'Parade' era songs." He played "My Way Home Is Through You," one of the B-sides that he'd actually went and bought on iTunes. For Lindsey, he kept telling himself. She loves that one because of what it means. And I guess because I dedicated it to her a couple times on stage...good times, good times.

Bandit made a somewhat disgusted face at the loud, raw, punk sound of the music, cringing into the pillow on top of his lap. Or maybe Gerard was still imagining things.

"Okay, Cancer. Cancer is totally different." He moved the ear bud a little, afraid that it might be what was upsetting her.

The soft piano made her pout again, wiggling around and forcing him to pause it and stabilize her with his right hand.

"Fine. So you hate my band. It doesn't matter. You're barely two months old. What do you know about music, anyway?"

Almost like she understood what he was saying (and maybe she did), Bandit flailed her fists at him, just starting the beginnings of a good cry.

"Here, here, uh..." Hell no, not "Cocaine and Toupees!" he thought. "Uh, er...listen! 'Never Wanted to Dance'...good song! Good song for baby. Not like Daddy's punk trash, no, no, no," he said somewhat bitterly. (LMAO at that sentence)

Bandit smiled widely, rolling her head around, but not quite being able to lift it up.

"Better?" Gerard asked. "Good."

He sighed and waited politely for the song to end, picking out the bass in the background of it all and smiling. "Okay, Bandit?"

She giggled when "Get It Up" came through the tiny speakers. Gerard's eyes widened, realizing what was playing, and he paused it. "Oh, God! No, no, no, nothing like that until you're...I don't know. Twenty? Thirty? Somewhere around there?"

Hey, she's bound to find it sometime, he told himself. Including your onstage antics. Shit. Why did they have to tape me kissing Frank? I can see it now...'Daddy? Why is your tongue down Uncle Frankie's throat?' There was no tongue, I swear to God! (I feel like I totally stole that little tidbit from lostmyfearoffalling...sorry! Didn't mean to!)

It was like Bandit could look right through him. She gave him a sympathetic look...or what passes for one in babies.

"Eh..." he sighed, lifting her up in his arms. "It doesn't matter if you hate My Chem. It really doesn't matter."

"Da da da da da!" Gerard said in a sing-song voice, lightly bouncing her.

Bandit giggled and snuggled closer to him. "Aw..." he whispered, and then, "I am such a girl!"

"But seriously?" he added. "Couldn't you just listen to 'Dead?!?'"

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? If so, please let me know so I can get that checked on...
So, in this epic showdown, *note sarcasm* Mindless Self Indulgence takes the prize...
Hopefully I'll post the next one in a couple days, but then I'm going on vacation for a little while before summer ends :(
Some of the faces that fictional Bandit made(for shiz...she gets these from her papa)- http://media.photobucket.com/image/gerard%20way%20faces/night_shade1213/My%20Chemical%20Romance/The_many_faces_of_Gerard_Way--large.jpg?o=36
Anyway...rate and review...because I love those of you that do...*cue laughter* It rhymed. Simple things entertain me.
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story