Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

The Punk Rock Show (well sort of)

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-08-09 - Updated: 2009-08-09 - 1345 words

0Unrated
A/N: soooooo I know its been forever and you probably all hate me, but that's ok =) I hope somebody still reads and enjoys this chapter. I am really sorry for being gone so long...thanks to my reviewer thus far I hope you find this fun to read too. Also Tissamy: It is actually a question on the customs survey...or at least it used to...

The Punk Rock Show (well sort of)

Joe hit Dirty. "Shut up!" he hissed.
"Oww," Dirty whined, rubbing his arm, "Why?"

"Well," Patrick ventured, "A few things happened while we were gone..." He went on to explain the events of the past few days.

Krissy and I missed Dirty's reaction because Evan had dragged us off to go get our's and the kid's passes. We were led through the grounds of the venue as Ev pointed things out to us. The buses of The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship, the buses for the support staff, assistants and the like, the catering tent, and a gross looking bathroom. Finally we arrived at another tent that Evan called "headquarters" with a laugh. The entire place was crawling with people calling out hurried greetings to Evan. A man came up to us.

"Evan!" He exclaimed sounding relieved. "You made it. I assume that means everyone did?"

"Sure did Al," he said shaking the man's hand. To Krissy and I he said, "This is Al Monk, he's in charge of this whole thing. Al, this is my sister, Lauren, and my girlfriend, Krissy. They're watching Patrick's niece and nephew."

"Of course, of course! It's nice to meet you," he said shaking mine and Krissy's hands, "Where are these children I've heard about?"

"Sleeping," I replied.

"Trip tired them out then?" He asked looking slightly disappointed, "That's to be expected, I'll meet them another time then." He turned to Evan, "Are you looking for these ladies' passes?"

"Ya, and the kid's, too." Evan said and followed Al deeper into the confusion of the tent. We followed.

After receiving our passes, Evan realized he needed to get the boys on stage for sound check and dashed off after making sure we could find our way back to the bus. He promised everyone would be back in about 45 minutes to get ready for the show. As Krissy and I meandered back to the bus we discussed the up coming night.

"Did we ever decide who was watching the kids tonight?" She asked me.

"I'll do it," I said shrugging, "You haven't seen a show for like a year. You should go, besides you'll get to hang out with Evan by yourselves for a while."

"Yay!" She was grinning and we linked arms and skipped the rest of the way back to the bus like the dorks that we were.

When we had arrived back at the bus Evan, Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy were gone, but there were three people sitting on the bus. One was the driver who introduced himself as he was walking of the bus as Bill. Sitting in the chairs in front of the television playing some video game was Dirty and another man.

"Yo Laur," Dirty said not taking his eyes of the screen. "Evan told us to stay here in case the kids woke up."

"Sweet." I said, eyeing the other guy sitting there playing, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I've met you?"

He paused the game, turned around, and stood up. "I'm Charlie, the guys' bodyguard. You must be Lauren and Krissy?" When we nodded he continued. "Patrick asked me to stay in case Dirty got bored and left, which he's been known to do." He was smiling.

"Nice to meet you." Krissy and I chorused.

"Well now that you're here," Dirty said getting up, "I can get back to my," he paused dramatically, "shenanigans!" He laughed evilly and loped out of the bus.

"Don't worry," Charlie said, "The boys briefed him on the rules around the kids, and he agreed to keep them...he's up to something, but nothing that will take place here...I hope." We laughed, then he asked, "Do you need me here? If not, I heard that the venue security needs help. These fans seem to be a little...enthusiastic."

I laughed and told him to go. Krissy and I sat down and started to watch a movie with the volume low so we could hear the kids if they woke up. They didn't wake before the guys returned from sound check. The bus was a flurry of activity while they got ready for the show. Pete tried on no less than thirteen different outfits and made Krissy and I pick the one that would "make the emo girls swoon," as he put it. He then had a frantic search for his eyeliner. I saw Patrick with two hats, presumably trying to choose. Joe asked Evan if his shirt was clean enough to wear and ignored the answer sitting down to play video games anyway. Andy was pretty chill and ready to go. Evan finally shooed the boys and Krissy out of the bus.

"Bye," I called after them, "Have fun!" Retreating back into the bus, I went to the back room to check on the kids. Alison was awake and playing quietly in her pack and play. Collin was still asleep.

Alison noticed me and said, "Hi Lauren. Can I come out and play?"

I smiled at her and lifted her out of her pack and play. "Of course sweetie, how long have you been awake?"

"Just for a little bit...there were lots of people here when I wake-ed." She said as I carried her out to the front of the bus. I left the door open so I would hear Collin when he woke. I pulled out some of the kids' toys for her to play with and put in a Dora the Explorer video. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the bus.

"Yes?" I answered as I opened the door.

"Hi," I girl who was wearing a headset and an all access pass. She was holding a brown paper bag. "Al sent me with this, he figured the kids hadn't eaten yet."

"Oh," I said. I had completely forgotten about this detail, "Thanks so much."

"No problem, I'm Ariel by the way," she stuck out her hand. I shook it. "I'm Al's assistant."

"I'm Evan Child's sister, Lauren."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled at me then said, "My number's written on the bag," she said handing it to me, "If you ever need anything I'm the one to ask."

"Oh wow, thanks!" I said, "That's super nice."

"You're welcome. Well, I gotta run, let me know if you need anything else!" I waved as she ran off.

Back on the bus I asked Alison if she were hungry. She was. I set her up at the table, impressed with Al's choice of food. Collin awoke within a few minutes. I mixed a bottle and stuck it in the warmer before I went and got him.

After dinner, the kids played and watched television for a while before Alison was asleep in a chair and Collin was content and quiet in my arms. I took him and changed him for bed before moving Alison. I put him in the pack and play with a toy and a blanket. He gurgled happily while I pulled out Alison's pajamas. Leaving Collin, I went to wake Alison. I had her use the potty and put on her pajamas, then I lifted her into bed. I turned out the light and went and watched a movie on low volume as I waited for everyone else to come back.

They clattered onto the bus at about 12:30. Being exhausted and having already showered we decided to all go to bed. Krissy and Evan decided to take the double bed with the kids and I took Evan's normal bunk.

I slept soundly.

A/N: Like it? Hate it? Tell me about it!
Sign up to rate and review this story