Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Forgotten Events

Event 18

by Mikari 0 reviews

Event 18: Hinata's Diary (SasukexHinata)

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hinata,Naruto,Sasuke - Published: 2009-08-12 - Updated: 2009-08-13 - 1675 words - Complete

0Unrated
As you might have noticed, I've been revising all my stories recently but this one is actually a new one! This is my first fanfic with this pairing, I know it's a bit unusual but I think it's cute.

Forgotten Events

Event 18: Hinata's Diary (SasukexHinata)

Hinata's Point of View

"If you still care about him that way, you should just be honest about it!"

"No... I... um..." I'm at a loss for words as usual, but before he leaves, I call out, "wait! Please read this, don't go!" I rush to my room and return with my diary. "From this page..." I open it up and hand it to him. I can't push the words out, but they have already been written and I must explain this to him somehow.

xoxox xox xoxox

Wednesday, September 16, 20XX

We had a special training exercise today. It was a sort of scavenger hunt that's supposed to teach us to collect information and learn to tell the difference between real information and a false lead. Many people were instructed to give us clues about the items we were searching for, but not all the clues were real.

For this training, we were placed in pairs instead of our usual teams of three. We are all ninja of the Leaf Village and we must communicate and cooperate with each other, even if we're not used to working with each other because we're from different teams. Communication has never been my strong point, even with the teammates I see nearly every day.

I was paired up with Sasuke. I know he's a skilled ninja so I was relieved, but I was also scared that my lack of ability might be that much more obvious. Sasuke was quiet at first when we walked through the streets looking for clues, but then he started talking to me about a lot of things and I relaxed. He seems cold at first glance, but I think he's actually really nice.

Sasuke and I found all the items for the scavenger hunt first. I told him it was because he was a good ninja, but he said I did a lot of the work too. It made me really happy that I was able to contribute to our team. Even more, I am happy that I got to know Sasuke a little.

Friday, September 18, 20XX

Sasuke came by this evening and we talked for a while in the yard. We talked about a lot of things, but nothing really stood out. I'm not sure why he wanted to talk to me, but it was nice. I agreed to meet him for lunch tomorrow.

Saturday, September 19, 20XX

I went to lunch with Sasuke then we walked around during the afternoon and went to the park. It was a lot of fun, Sasuke is really nice. I'm always shy, but he made me feel comfortable. I'm very happy I can be his friend and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, Sasuke asked me to meet him for dinner.

Sunday, September 20, 20XX

I'm so confused right now! Today at dinner, Sasuke said he liked me. I didn't know what to say so I stammered and asked him about Sakura and Ino. He said he didn't like either of them that way and also told me Ino likes Shikamaru, I never noticed before. I guess I couldn't notice who other people liked when I was so wrapped up in my own feelings, I certainly didn't notice that Sasuke liked me.

Sasuke has other girls who like him; I've always known that, so I decided that he was out of reach. I have never heard anyone confess her feelings for Naruto, so I always thought he was available. Besides, Naruto always tries so hard no matter what people say and that gives me hope.

I couldn't reply to Sasuke and he said it was okay. He said I should take time to sort my feelings. I'm going to talk to Naruto and find out how deep my feelings are and if they're really worth confessing. I don't want to hurt Sasuke, but I don't want to lie to him and I don't want to keep him waiting for too long.

Tuesday, September 22, 20XX

After going around in circles on Monday and losing my courage when ever I saw Naruto, today I finally talked to him. I couldn't tell him I liked him, but I managed to ask him to dinner tomorrow. He asked if we could go for ramen and was really happy when I agreed, that made me smile.

Wednesday, September 23, 20XX

Today Naruto and I had ramen together for dinner. I had fun, Naruto is really carefree and relaxed, but I was nervous. I don't think Naruto understood, I hope he didn't get the wrong impression and think I didn't want to be with him.

I was going to tell Naruto how I felt and find out if he was willing to accept me, but I didn't. I kept spacing out and remembering my time with Sasuke. Even so, I think things went well. I'm sure Naruto only thought of it as a dinner between friends and that's what it ended up being.

Thursday, September 24, 20XX

I had a strange dream last night. I was training somewhere; I think it was in the village. There was a lot of grass, the skies were clear and there was a tree near by. From the corner of my eyes I saw Sasuke behind the tree and wondered if he had something to say. I wanted to go over to him, to say something, or at least look at him directly, but I didn't. I just kept training and he stayed behind the tree the entire time.

This is really strange. I've had dreams like this before, but usually Naruto is training and I'm the one behind the tree. Does this mean that Sasuke has been watching me for some time and I never noticed? I don't mean to make him go through what I'm going through keeping my feelings bottled up. I need to sort things out soon.

Friday, September 25, 20XX

I didn't go to training today because I wasn't feeling well. Physically I'm fine, but emotionally I'm not. I'm still very confused and didn't want to face anyone. I feel terrible. All the teams were supposed to be training together and Sasuke must have noticed I wasn't there. He must think I'm avoiding him. Okay, I am avoiding him, but it's just because I don't want anyone to be hurt.

I guess that's why I first labeled Sasuke as impossible. He already had other girls who liked him, so I thought I wouldn't stand a chance. I also didn't want to make an enemy out of anyone, if by some miracle I did stand a chance. Naruto wasn't only available, but he's also a great guy, not that Sasuke isn't.

I really have fun with Naruto; he's so funny, carefree and has a strong will. But now that I think about it, Sasuke is really a hard worker too. He's really skilled and all, but I'm sure that doesn't come as easy as most people think. Being the last Uchiha, Sasuke must be under a lot of pressure. I never realized how hard things must be for Sasuke, he really is admirable.

Saturday, September 26, 20XX

Neji told me that Sasuke was in the Hyuga compound asking about me. Neji offered to let Sasuke in, but Sasuke refused and just asked Neji to tell me to "get well soon."

I can't stop thinking about Sasuke. I realized I overlooked him because I thought he was out of my league. I also came to realize that he is very admirable and kind. I admit that Naruto is easy to notice and he is a great friend, but I know now that's all I feel for him, friendship and admiration. I miss my conversations with Sasuke and his nice attentions. I think I have feelings for Sasuke, but I want to be sure, so I'll really think about it.

Monday, September 28, 20XX

I've thought about this until my head hurts and I really do have feelings for Sasuke. For Naruto I feel friendship and admiration, but I have a crush on Sasuke. It feels like I've kept this bottled up and just recently realized it. I've always marked Sasuke as unavailable in my mind and now that I know he is available, every emotion came rushing out.

I need to tell Sasuke how I feel, but I wonder if I'm too late. I avoided him for days and he might think I don't like him. I can't get myself to talk to him, so I'll write him a letter explaining everything. Talking has always been my weak point, but at least with a letter I can take my time and rewrite it until it's perfect. I'll try to give the letter to Sasuke, and if my confidence fails me, I'll ask Naruto to give it to him, I'm sure he won't mind.

Tuesday, September 29, 20XX

I lost my courage and asked Naruto to deliver the letter to Sasuke. Naruto gave me a knowing smile and I felt that he could read me like a book; I was right. Naruto said he recently found out Sasuke likes me and that Sasuke won't admit it but he knew.

I hope

xoxox xox xoxox

The last entry is unfinished because he arrived when I was writing it and I rushed to see him. He closes the diary and looks at me. "The letter was for me?" I nod and he laughs. "So that's what Naruto was trying to tell me. I didn't know and kept telling him to go away."

"I'm sorry, Sasuke, I should have said something sooner. Is it too late?"

"You don't have to apologize, I'm glad you took your time to be sure of your feelings," Sasuke smiled at me, "and it's not too late."

End of Event 18

Disclaimer, I don't own Naruto.
Sign up to rate and review this story