Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Forgotten Events

Events 5 to 17

by Mikari 0 reviews

This are the new versions of my Naruto short stories. I'll continue posting them in this collection as I revise them I already deleted the old ones.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Jiraiya,Naruto,Orochimaru,Sakura,Sasuke,Tsunade - Published: 2009-07-27 - Updated: 2009-07-27 - 7020 words - Complete

1Funny
Forgotten Events

Event 05: Orochimaru's Request

The swirls of colors danced around her endlessly as Tayuya of the Sound Four struggled to get to her feet. Her head hurt like she never thought it could and she thought she knew what real pain was before. Her heart pounded irregularly and she remembered his request.

"Tayuya, I have a request for you. Only for you," Orochimaru had said.

At first Tayuya was happy to hear those words. She would have her own mission without the others. It was her moment to shine. She held her aching head and tried to blink the blur out of her eyes as her memories continued to flood her mind.

"This is a very special request, it is a request meant for a woman to accomplish. That is why I will direct my request to you," Orochimaru explained.

Tayuya lifted her head grimly and folded her trembling fingers around the bottle of sake. She doubted the sake would ease her headache and general body pains, but at least it would erase those memories, if only temporarily. That was her aim but it wasn't working, even with the sake's full effect hitting her harshly, she still remembered his request and the events that followed oh too clearly.

"Are you ready to do anything for me Tayuya?" Orochimaru asked.

Without hesitation Tayuya answered. "Of course Orochimaru-sama, anything!" Her stomach twisted and she felt an inexplicable surge of nervousness. It was a bad omen.

"Well then I will tell you what I want." He approached and she instinctively backed away. Her action was completely unconscious and she didn't notice she was stepping back until she felt her back against a wall. "What's wrong?"

"No-nothing," Tayuya stammered. "It's nothing Orochimaru-sama. What is your request?" Her voice came as a hushed whisper and for that she mentally kicked herself. She must have sounded like an idiot, but she couldn't help it but to feel odd. With every fiber of her being, she could sense that something terrible was to come.

"You're pale and sweating," Orochimaru observed.

Tayuya swallowed, took a deep breath and tried to calm her erratic heartbeats. What in the world was wrong with her? Sure she had heard about people feeling that way before a disaster struck, but never in her life had the feeling of a disastrous premonition hit her in such a way. Something bad was going to happen, she was certain of it. "I'm fine Orochimaru-sama." She moved her mouth and willed her throat to produce sound, but what came out was hardly audible.

"Tayuya, are you sick?" A third voice was heard.

Tayuya nearly jumped out of skin, but managed not to show it in the least. "I'm alright." It took an inhuman effort to make those words reach a decent volume.

"We will depart for the Village Hidden in the Leaves shortly after this request I have for you is accomplished. This is exactly what I need to prepare for the battle that is to come. If you're feverish let Kabuto heal you," Orochimaru suggested. Obviously he didn't care about her safety. He just wanted to make sure his ninjas were strong and ready for battle. "Perhaps Kabuto can accomplish the special request."

Kabuto took a moment to understand what Orochimaru was talking bout. His eyes widened and his expression made it clear that he found that special request to be quite unpleasant. "You know I would do anything for you Orochimaru-sama, but I do believe that this mission will be better accomplished by a woman." Kabuto approached Tayuya and looked at her. What little light there was in the room shone in the surface of his glasses as he nodded and shared his medical conclusion, "you're alright, just take a deep breath and compose yourself."

Tayuya took a breathed deeply and told herself to be brave. She was acting like a child; she was a ninja and had to be more adult than this. Tayuya nodded to herself, surely her messed up past was much more painful than anything that Orochimaru could request of her. "Orochimaru-sama, whatever your request is, allow me to do it." So it was decided.

Now Tayuya found herself drunken and in pain, as if every cell in her body was crying out for mercy yet receiving none. Then out of nowhere an angel of hope appeared.

"Hey lady, that eye shadow you're wearing, where did you get it?" Tayuya was certain that the entire bar had heard her and she didn't care. Orochimaru sent her out to buy purple eye shadow and she had wasted the day wandering around searching for it. The stores had blue, pink, black, green, yellow, brown, silver and every other color except purple. She was so exhausted and ashamed to fail such a simple mission that she crawled into a bar and drowned her sorrow in her sake. Now she saw a woman arrive to order a drink from the bartender and she was wearing the shade of eye shadow that Tayuya was searching for. She simply couldn't return to Orochimaru's lair without it.

"Do you like it? I'm a traveling merchant, I sell makeup. The purple eye shadow unfortunately doesn't sell well, so I wear it myself, that way it won't go to waste," the woman replied.

"Then you must still have a lot left? I'll buy all of it!" In her happiness to end her mission, Tayuya didn't have the heart or the chakra to steal the makeup.

A little later Tayuya arrived at Orochimaru's lair with the eye shadow and delivered it to him. Of course it was a mission meant for a woman, because women did not get weird looks when they bought makeup. Since she had purchased so much, the makeup merchant lady gave Tayuya a big jar of purple body glitter for free. Although she accepted it, she made sure to hide it well. She really didn't want Orochimaru to get a hold of it and develop a liking for it. Ah the things she did for their insane mutant evil leader.

Event 06: Karma

It was rather late one night and Jiraiya, at the time still very young, was heading home from training. "Jiraiya," a female voice called. The white haired teenager immediately knew it was his teammate Tsunade who had spoken. "Jiraiya, come over here," she called, not too loudly. It wasn't necessary to raise her voice to be heard in the quiet of the night. This would have been different had it been day time when the streets were busy with people and merchants.

Jiraiya looked in the direction where the voice came from. It was a rather dark corner and in the faint light of a crescent moon, he could only make out three figures. One of them he knew was Tsunade. The other two he couldn't identify but could tell they were female. His mind went over a list of names of Tsunade's friends and he soon had a pretty good idea who the two girls standing left and right from Tsunade were.

"Come over here," Tsunade spoke once again.

Suddenly Jiraiya was unsure. He really didn't think he should walk into the dark corner. As a ninja he was brave, but there was a big difference between being brave and being suicidal. "Why?" He cautiously asked.

"Come over here," Tsunade repeated. Tsunade was holding something. The other girls were holding items too. They moved their hands from the items and then to their mouths.

Jiraiya froze. Surely they were eating something that would make them super strong, as if Tsunade needed something like that. She was already freakishly strong in his opinion. Surely they wanted him to walk into a trap. They wanted to capture him in their dark corner and beat him up. He would be left in an unconscious bloody puddle should he go near them. His legs felt like pudding and were having trouble sustaining his weight. He willed them to move and run away, to carry him to safety, but they refused.

"Come over here Jiraiya," Tsunade insisted.

Jiraiya gulped. Ninjas did not back down from challenges. He approached slowly until he was close enough to see the item Tsunade was holding out to him despite the darkness.

"Want some?" She innocently asked holding out a piece of cake in a little plastic dish with a plastic fork stabbed into it.

Jiraiya blinked and took a deep breath. He was relieved to see Tsunade and her friends weren't planning an ambush, they just want to share their cake. "Sure!" Jiraiya took the cake and glanced at the girls who grinned mischievously.

As if fearing they would be discovered Tsunade and her friends made up excuses and left. The next day would be fun.

For the next few minutes Jiraiya walked around staring at his cake. The girls were eating slices that looked like they came from the same cake before so it couldn't be poisoned. Unless Tsunade had the antidote and give it to her friends already, or maybe it just didn't work on girls for some reason. Jiraiya didn't know, but the piece of cake looked suspicious although very appetizing. He sat in a park bench and placed the little plastic plate with the slice of cake beside him. He contemplated the stars for a moment and wondered what he should do. Soon a decision was made, he would stop being such a coward and eat that cake!

When Jiraiya turned his head to look at the cake he found only the empty plastic plate with a few crumbs. A tongue placed the plastic fork back on the plate and quickly hid in the mouth of its owner. "Orochimaru!" Jiraiya scolded, "that was mine!"

"You didn't look like you were going to eat it," Orochimaru made his escape, leaving a very annoyed Jiraiya in the park.

The next day Jiraiya saw Tsunade and her friends from the previous night at the park. "Ew!" One of them complained

"This is no fun!" The other said.

Tsunade rolled up a piece of newspaper and hit Orochimaru on the head. "Bad! You're supposed to fetch the ball and bring it back, not grab it in mid air with your tongue. You haven't even moved from that spot since we came to the park!"

Orochimaru, who was acting more like a dog than a snake, whined like a puppy.

Tsunade shook her head. "You stole Jiraiya's cake didn't you? This is karma."

Event 07: Impatience

He let the hot water pour from the shower and attempted to wash his long black hair. Even evil snakes need to get cleaned up once in a while. The plan for the day included soap, shampoo, hot water and then back to training and evil plots. However, not everything went according to plan even if the plan for that day was so simple.

"Orochimaru-sama, I found the information you asked me to collect," came Kabuto's voice all of a sudden, disturbing the silence recently shattered by his knocking on the bathroom door.

Orochimaru almost jumped out of his skin, though not literally. He had to quickly concentrate chakra on his feet to stop himself from slipping. "Is there an emergency?" He urgently asked. It was only natural he would assume there was an emergency, for him to be interrupted in such a way, it had to be a matter of life or death.

"Oh no, we have plenty of time to prepare before the Chunin exam begins. I just wanted to report what I fond." With that said the silver haired medical ninja and spy started giving Orochimaru a detailed report of his findings during his latest visit to the Hidden Leaf village.

Just when Orochimaru thought the situation couldn't get any stranger, the heater choose that precise moment in time to stop working. He could feel the water becoming colder by the second. It didn't take too long for it to reach an icy cold temperature that made the shower feel like a freezer. Orochimaru considered turning off the water, but then Kabuto would most likely ask him to go look at his reports or at the pictures he took at the Hidden Leaf village or something, since he was apparently done in the shower.

Kabuto was a good spy, he was a great spy. He took pride in his job and couldn't wait to inform his leader of his findings. His impatience, although usually not apparent in his facial expression, was always present. Even if what he had to say or ask was an unimportant detail that could wait, Kabuto had to speak right away. As soon as the thought crossed his mind, he had to shape it into words or.

Still in the shower with the cold water raining above his head, Orochimaru was confused and annoyed. It was not the information that bothered him. According to what Kabuto was saying, everything was going according to plan, but why couldn't the spy wait until he was done to tell him all that?

"Orochimaru-sama, did you hear me? I asked what I should do next. Should I continue with the plan normally or would you like to change the course of action? I just thought I should ask for confirmation," Kabuto inquired.

"Kabuto... go away!" Orochimaru yelled, surprised that the so called elite spy had not caught the hint by now. Wasn't he supposed to be very perceptive? Was he just trying to be annoying? Well if being annoying was his goal he was certainly accomplishing it.

"Excuse me?" Kabuto pushed up his glasses even if they weren't falling off. It was another habit he had besides his impatience.

"Leave!" Orochimaru hated when his relaxation time was interrupted, and he even blamed Kabuto for jinxing the heater.

Kabuto shrugged, as if the conversation had been perfectly normal, "okay."

Event 08: Plastic Surgery

Kabuto quietly turned the page of his medical book, fully expecting to be interrupted any second. He heard footsteps outside his little research office and by the sound of them alone, he could tell this person was not just passing by. The one walking would stop at his door, he knew it. He was an excellent ninja and spy after all. He had to be very perceptive of his surroundings.

Judging by the sound of the footsteps and the rhythm they carried, the one heading towards the research office was not Orochimaru. Kabuto's accurate guess was that it must be Sasuke. His suspicions were confirmed when the Uchiha opened the door. Kabuto looked up from his reading. "May I help you?" He smiled like he always did, ever so carefree.

"I want to get plastic surgery," Sasuke informed, without wasting any time.

Kabuto blinked, Sasuke had certainly been direct in his request and he sounded serious about it, yet Kabuto did not understand. "What do you mean? Surely the cursed seal transformation should be enough."

Sasuke shook his head and took a seat across from Kabuto's cluttered desk. "It's not about power, it's about the way I look."

Sasuke's answer took Kabuto by surprise. He truly didn't understand. Sensing that the conversation could be a long one, Kabuto moved the many scrolls, notes and books to the sides of his desk, clearing a path of vision between him and Sasuke, so they could talk without having to look over the piles of research. "Why would you want that Sasuke?"

"I don't want to look like Itachi," Sasuke replied.

Kabuto paused. "Sasuke, do you remember when you came here and saw Orochimaru? He looked different because he had just switched bodies, remember?"

Sasuke nodded. He wasn't sure where Kabuto was going with all that.

"He asked me to perform plastic surgery on him to make him look like before. His face mask can be damaged in battle and he didn't want to put up with that. I did the surgery on his face and after that it was just a matter of growing out his hair and dying it black. However, don't you think he was better off with the new younger body?" Kabuto asked.

Sasuke wasn't sure what kind of trick question that was. "Orochimaru probably thinks looking creepy will give him an advantage in battle."

"Probably, but that's not the reason why he got plastic surgery," Kabuto revealed. "You see, he wanted to be recognized as Orochimaru. He wanted there to be no doubts of who he was when he got his revenge. He wanted his enemies to see the face of the Orochimaru they knew when they fell defeated. Isn't that what you want?"

Sasuke thought about it. Kabuto did have a good point. "Yes, I want Itachi to be defeated by me, Sasuke Uchiha. I want him to see the face of his younger brother, not the face of a stranger. I changed my mind; I don't want to get a plastic surgery after all. I'm going back to my training now."

Kabuto smiled, all it took was a little psychology to free himself from having to explain to Orochimaru why he changed the body he later planned to possess.

Event 09: Follow the Leader

Sakura stood there staring at her. Instead of compassion, she felt nothing but anger. Sakura was jealous. The girl standing before her had a perfectly well proportioned forehead that only served to make her face even more beautiful. No one would call that girl billboard brow. Her shiny black hair fell on the sides of her face framing and accentuating her beauty.

Sakura was pure envy, even if she kept telling herself that such thoughts were ridiculous. She looked into the girl's eyes. Endless pools of onyx that gave her an aura of mystery. She would surely attract the attention of all the boys. Not that she wanted to and surely they would back off when they realized who she was.

Sakura shook her head. Such terribly jealous thoughts did not belong in her mind. Still, her envy was consuming her, but why? What about her beloved Sasuke?

It all started when Naruto arrived to train as a girl. Recognizing him despite his female form, Sakura had asked where Sasuke was. Naruto only looked towards the raven haired beauty in response. Although that was her crush captured by a jutsu gone wrong, Sakura couldn't help it but to feel an outburst of jealousy. 'Sasuke makes a much prettier girl than me,' she thought.

"You're probably wondering how this happened right? Well you see Sasuke and I saw Kakashi-sensei and bushy brow's sensei playing rock paper scissors, so we decided that if they competed that way, we could too. Before the game we made a bet. The loser would have to play follow the leader with the winner for one day and do everything he did. I actually won two out of three. Instead of training until Sasuke couldn't keep up with me I decided to have some fun. If Sasuke did everything I did, he would relax and stop being such a grumpy shinobi. Since he was being cranky anyway, I decided to make things more challenging and used a jutsu to disguise myself as a girl. I thought Sasuke would be annoyed and refuse to do it, but he gave his word when we made that bet and a ninja never goes back on his word. He took it like a man and turned into a girl!" Naruto paused and admired the irony of his own words.

"Okay so that explains it. Change back Naruto, I don't want to see Sasuke like this." Sakura was supposed to feel sorry over Sasuke's predicament, not become a fireball of burning jealousy.

"Well that's just it. Neji saw us and flirted with Sasuke until he realized who he was. Neji got angry and said we shouldn't use jutsu like this and that we had to be more serious. He poked us, I thought it was weird, but later we realized that he didn't simply poke us, he pressed some pressure points so we'll be stuck like this for a while," Naruto explained.

Sakura twitched, "tell Kakashi sensei I'm not feeling well so I went home."

"You're not feeling well? Do you want me to walk you home?" Naruto asked.

"No, I'm fine by myself," Sakura left, twitching slightly with every step.

Poor Sasuke was stuck. Most people recognized Naruto, but Sasuke had to deal with the stares he got from the boys before they realized he was the same Uchiha who attended ninja academy with them, stuck in a magical disguise. When Ino had said hello, as Sasuke and Naruto were on their way to meet Kakashi, he was relieved thinking that someone actually recognized him. But soon Sasuke realized Ino had not recognized him and was only talking to 'her' because 'her' hair was "pretty and shiny" and Ino wanted to ask what shampoo 'she' used. That was certainly a day Sasuke would rather forget.

When Kakashi arrived, late as usual, and saw both Naruto and Sasuke as girls, he knew there had to be a funny story behind it.

Event 10: Spa Day

While their newest guest sat at the elegant lobby of the spa, waiting to be called, several girls in another room argued over who would provide that guest with a massage. The argument had been reduced to three girls, as the all other female workers of the large establishment had already been knocked out.

"It's my turn!" The blond insisted.

"Forget it, you had the hottie last time" The brown haired girl argued.

"No way, you got to choose the time after that," The blond replied.

"I want to choose this time," a black haired girl somewhat quietly joined in. "You two always get to choose, it's about time I got a turn."

"Enough of this!" The girl with brown hair spoke. "I'm definitely the one with enough tact to handle this situation."

"Tact?" The blond sarcastically laughed. "We all have a sense of tact and one that will be delighted to do this job."

While the arguments continued, the manager of the establishment apologized to the waiting guest and tried to keep him busy. "My apologies for the delay, one of our massage therapists will be here right away," the silver haired man glanced around nervously, hoping that his employees would make up their mind. He should have become a ninja but no, he had to listen when people kept telling him over and over that his face was too cute to hide under a ninja mask. Instead he jumped from one job to another, remaining unsatisfied each time and his current job was managing a spa. "So where did you hear about our services?"

"Snail mail spam," Itachi replied.

"Oh a flier, and why did you decide to come?" Kakashi asked. He heard the sound of glass breaking. It was all coming out of their salaries.

"Birthday," Itachi grew impatient.

The three girls finally arrived. Small cuts could be seen, their hair was a mess and surely the staff room walls were adored with kunais and shurikens all over. "Choose," the three spoke at the same time. Unable to come to a solution among themselves, they decided to let the customer decide.

"Why are you asking me, it's not my birthday?" Itachi clarified. "Kisame come out from behind that oversized plastic potted plant. This spa day will help you relax and I'm sure it'll do wonders for your skin." Kisame did not come out, so instead Itachi dragged him out.

"We're closed!" With that said, the three girls ran away.

"Come back here! We're not closed, don't leave the customer waiting!" Kakashi ran after them, that was definitely coming out of their pay.

"See? That's why I don't like massages, no one ever sticks around to give me one," Kisame pouted.

Itachi sighed, "I knew I should have gotten you that set of scented moisturizing lotions, then you won't be so scaly."

"Coming from someone who has wrinkles," Kisame retorted.

Itachi glared, "I do not have wrinkles!" Kisame looked amused, he didn't get his intended birthday gift, but picking on Itachi was just as good.

Event 11: Purple Rope

"Sasuke's hot and all, but that big purple rope has got to go." Karin did not realize that she was thinking aloud or that Shigetsu was standing right behind her.

"I thought it was strange looking too," Shigetsu agreed, startling Karin.

Karin jumped in surprise with a particularly expressive face, which revealed not only surprise, but a hint of annoyance. Surprisingly, the annoyance was directed more at herself than at Shigetsu. Her special ability allowed her to sense people and she didn't notice Shigetsu was right behind her.

"What?" Shigetsu asked with an adorable puzzled look.

'He conveniently ignored the part about Sasuke being hot,' Karin thought with relief. Clearing her throat and giving Shigetsu a nod of agreement she spoke, "we have to give him a new belt." She paused and a mischievous smiled graced her lips. "Shigetsu, why don't you take the rope away from Sasuke? You would be doing him a huge favor."

Shigetsu was unsure, "wouldn't he be mad?"

"Of course not, if anything he'll be grateful," Karin assured.

Shigetsu shrugged and nodded, "if you say so." He had to admit she was right, Sasuke should be grateful if someone saved him from the fashion disaster that was that big purple rope he dared to call a belt. With all the good intentions of helping his companion, Shigetsu snuck up on the unsuspecting Uchiha and pulled the rope off.

For a split second Shigetsu looked satisfied that he had helped Sasuke. Then his expression changed to worry, he was in big trouble. That rope was not a mere decoration, it was a necessity and without it Sasuke's pants fell down.

The very angry Uchiha pulled up his pants and glared at Karin, who was twitching from holding back laughter, surely she had something to do with this. Sasuke then moved his burning glare towards Shigetsu, who stood there mumbling incoherently as he tried to explain that he was innocent and it was all Karin's fault, not matter how guilty the situation made him look.

Time froze for a moment until Karin was unable to contain her laughter. The explosion of laughs was Shigetsu's cue and without a second to spare, he ran for dear life while Sasuke chased after him, holding his pants, trying to recover his much needed purple rope.

Event 12: Ninja Voice

"Kabuto!" Tayuya noisily made her way towards the Hidden Sound Village doctor's quarters. Somebody had stolen something precious to her and he was her main suspect. She caught him eyeing her delicious caramel filled chocolate bon-bons earlier and made it quite clear that they were not for him. Apparently he didn't get the message.

Tayuya finally reached his door and knocked with all her might. "Open the door!" She let a stream of colorful curses loudly flow and continued her insistent knocking. "Kabuto, open this door right now!"

Orochimaru walked by rubbing his temples and as he did, Tayuya once again loudly cursed Kabuto, his ancestry and future descendants alike. The snake sannin cringed at the sound of the girl's angry voice and tried to focus on making his head stop throbbing, which wasn't working.

"Ka-"

"Shut up!"

Tayuya jumped and turned to face the Sound Village leader. He looked just about ready to kill.

Orochimaru approached and Tayuya quickly stood aside. He straightened up and proceeded to gently knock on the door. "Kabuto, I need some medicine for my headache."

Not even a full minute had passed when the door opened just enough for a hand to fit. Kabuto's hand held some little white pills, which Orochimaru took. The hand disappeared behind the door and it was once again closed.

Orochimaru impatiently tapped his foot and glared at the little white pills. Incompetence was making his headache even worse. "Where's the water?" He finally asked.

While Kabuto as very tempted to tell Orochimaru to get it himself, he was a smart young man and as such he knew it was in his best interest not to make the snake summoner more upset than he already was. Once again the door opened slightly and the doctor's hand returned, this time holding a glass of water.

Satisfied with the service, Orochimaru put the two little pills in his mouth and swallowed them with some help from the water. He certainly hoped that medicine worked fast. "What is this medicine anyway? Is it something new that you developed especially for me?"

"It's aspirin," came Kabuto's voice from behind the door.

Orochimaru's golden eyes revealed surprise, as he stared at the door as if it grew a second, well, as if it grew a second door knob. Visibly offended, the sannin made an undignified sounding "hmp", threw his head back and walked off.

Tayuya blinked, was Orochimaru expecting something fancy and custom made just for a headache? She was taken out of her thoughts when the door once again slightly opened but this time not a hand but a head emerged.

The silver haired medic ninja had decided to see if the coast was clear. He was peeking out only slightly with most of his face still behind the door. When he saw Tayuya, he retreated immediately and shut the door with the sound of a lock echoing in the silence of the underground hideout.

"Kabuto!" Tayuya screamed loud enough for the entire Hidden Sound Village to head her. 'Oh, oh, oh,' went the echo of her voice in the dark tunnels.

"Shut up!" 'Up, up, up,' Orochimaru's voice came in response.

Tayuya decided that she'd best continue her investigation and accusations quietly. "Kabuto, I know you're there and I know you can hear me. Open the door this instant or I'm knocking it down."

"I can't do that Tayuya," Kabuto in a quiet voice. "Because if I do, you'll try to steal my kisses."

Tayuya blushed a bright scarlet, not only because of the embarrassment caused by Kabuto, but also because of her burning anger. As soon as she recovered from the shock, she started banging on the door and screaming like a mad woman. "Open the door this instant! I want my caramel filled chocolate bon-bons that you stole! I don't want your-"

"Shut up!" 'Up, up, up,' Orochimaru's threatening voice echoed once again and everyone in the Hidden Sound Village fell silent at least for a few seconds.

"Bon-bons? Caramel filled chocolate bon-bons?" Kabuto's puzzled, but still attractive, voice was heard.

Tayuya backed away from the door. "Yes, my bon-bons that you stole!" She spoke loud enough for Kabuto to hear, but not loud enough for the sound to reach Orochimaru.

"I don't have any bon-bons, I'm just eating some kisses and didn't want Orochimaru to find out, because he'll steal them for himself. He never listens when I tell him that a man of his old age needs to cut down on the sweets." She didn't know why but Kabuto's voice was getting on Tayuya's nerves, regardless of how nice it sounded.

"Oh, okay, I'll take your word for it." The orange haired girl ran off, she didn't want to hear that handsome voice anymore or it would drive her insane.

Kabuto waited and listened closely to the footsteps becoming further away, until he could no longer hear them. He peeked out and realized that Tayuya was in fact gone. It wasn't like he was lying; he really didn't take her bon-bons. After all, he was perfectly capable of getting his own chocolate. Kabuto shrugged and returned to his previous task of devouring twenty-five bags of chocolate kisses.

Disappointed, creeped out and chocolate-less, Tayuya made her way back to her room. As she walked down the tunnels she saw Kin heading in the opposite direction. "What's wrong? You look kind of flustered."

Tayuya tried to look as if she had no idea what Kin was talking about. "It must be my cheeks turning red from all the exercise I got."

Kin shrugged, "if you say so." Each girl then continued on her way towards their respective destinations.

Meanwhile. Kimimaro was in his room pretending to be asleep but actually enjoying one of the best things life had to offer. "These caramel filling chocolate bon-bons are the best!"

Event 13: Temper

"Orochimaru, you said you would teach me that jutsu today," Sasuke reminded. Orochimaru did not reply but continued walking. The Uchiha followed him, "Orochimaru, the jutsu you were going to teach me, did you forget?" He sounded angry and annoyed.

"You sound like a little boy complaining because he didn't get the new toy he was promised." Orochimaru continued ignoring his angry apprentice and kept on walking at a steady pace, not too fast and not too slow.

"Teach me the jutsu!" Sasuke screamed impatiently. Orochimaru appeared to grin, amused by Sasuke's annoyance. The Uchiha noticed and was not pleased by the sannin's attitude. He rushed to stand in front of Orochimaru blocking his path. "Let's go train, now!" Sasuke glared at Orochimaru with sharangin eyes.

Orochimaru shook his head, "horgive me Sasuke." He pushed the boy away by the forehead, he didn't like that sharingan glare and he wouldn't like it until it was his. "Tomorrow, I'm busy today." Though his words were bathed in sarcasm, Orochimaru did not know how ironic his speech had been. Sasuke paused; he looked frozen, as if he was reliving certain events in his mind. With a killer look in his eyes, he attacked Orochimaru. "I told you I can't train you today." Orochimaru yelled, blocking the relentless attack.

"I'm going to kill you for that! Never say forgive me Sasuke and poke me on the forehead. Never do that!" Sasuke yelled angrily.

In another room Kabuto waited while going over his notes. "I wonder what's keeping Orochimaru. He said he had to discuss some things urgently." The echo of an angry voice reached his ears. "Another temper tantrum, this may take a while." Although he smiled and appeared indifferent, Kabuto knew that after Orochimaru and Sasuke were done training, he would have to be the one to find a miraculous solution to the ensuing injuries.

Event 14: A Nice Scent

Naruto sniffed himself, which caused Sasuke to give him an odd look. The blond then retrieved a small bottle containing blue liquid from his ninja utility bag and sprayed a generous portion of the substance all over his body. Then he proceeded to sniff himself again from different angles, twisting his body with amazing flexibility.

Not satisfied yet, Naruto sprayed himself once again and took an intoxicating deep breath. Finally satisfied and with only a small portion of the blue cologne left in the bottle, Naruto smiled proudly. This scent would certainly get Sakura's attention.

The holder of the nine tailed fox looked over at Sasuke, who was now covering his nose while glaring at him. Naruto smiled and extended his hand, holding out the nearly empty bottle of cologne for his comrade to take. "Want some?"

Sasuke's already deadly glare intensified, "no."

Naruto frowned, "aw c'mon Sasuke!" He just wanted to be friends with the other boy, but Sasuke wouldn't open up. He had spent nearly all his savings on that special cologne and he was willing to share it with the Uchiha. What an ingrate that Sasuke was. Or maybe he was just shy; Naruto smiled. "It's okay, I don't mind sharing it with you, go ahead."

"No!" Sasuke growled in annoyance. "I don't want to wear that stinky stuff." Throwing his head back in indignation, the Uchiha turned his back on Naruto and began to walk away in a desperate search for some fresh air to breathe, away from Naruto and the ever present smell of his cologne.

Naruto scoffed and crossed his arms as he watched the other boy walk away. They were supposed to be meeting Kakashi-sensei at the training grounds, but the jonin had not yet arrived. Sakura, who guessed their teacher would be late again, decided to take a little time for herself that morning, since she would be fine as long a she still arrived before Kakashi did.

With renewed determination, stirring possibly from boredom, Naruto continued his task to share his cologne with Sasuke in a sign of true friendship. But the other boy had already refused twice, so this time Naruto took on a different approach towards the dilemma by sneaking up on Sasuke and spraying what was left of the cologne on him.

"Idiot!" Sasuke was about to show Naruto that no one sprayed smelly colognes on an Uchiha and got away with it, but before he could, a loud fangirlish voice interrupted.

"Good morning Sasuke-kun!" Sakura squealed.

"Good morning Sakura-chan!" Naruto enthusiastically greeted her.

"Oh, hi Naruto," Sakura did not sound quite as exited. A peculiar scent reached her nose and she had to ask about it. "What's that smell?"

Thinking that she liked the scent, Naruto smiled proudly, "it's me!"

"Gross! Don't you ever take a bath?" Sakura waved her hand and covered her nose, while Naruto looked very disappointed. "Why can't you follow Sasuke-kun's example? He always smells so nice, especially today. Are you wearing a new cologne Sasuke-kun?"

Naruto's jaw nearly hit the ground and Sasuke looked very annoyed.

Event 15: Raspberries

Jiraiya was sent crashing to a tree after angering Tsunade. The white haired child dusted himself off and with a frown he tried to pretend that hasn't hurt. As if to save what he had left of his broken pride, he stuck his tongue out at the blond girl.

Tsunade made an angry pouty face that told him she would not allow him to mock her. She too showed him her tongue and it became a childish battle of who could blow more raspberries.

Then a third child joined them, the boy had dark hair and golden eyes. He was usually very quiet and kept to himself, so he didn't have any friends at the ninja academy. He shyly approached the other two and observed what they were doing.

"What do you want?" Little Jiraiya and Tsunade asked as the same time.

Little Orochimaru smiled, or grinned as close as he could get to a smile. "Can I play?" Before the other two had the chance to reply, the pale child stuck out his extremely long tongue.

In conclusion, some kids are more mischievous than an average child, some kids are stronger than an average child and some kids are just plain weird.

Event 16: Go

"Go..."

Shikamaru was woken up by the voice. It was one of his classmates, Naru... Naru... Naru-something or other. Shikamaru thought it was troublesome to try to remember. He remembered his best friend Chouji's name. He remembered Ino because she was too loud to forget and he remembered Iruka because he was the teacher. Those were enough people to remember from the ninja academy. But maybe this guy, even if everyone seemed to avoid him for some unknown reason, wasn't so bad. He seemed to like Go after all. Maybe the blond boy could be friends with Shikamaru and Chouji.

"Go..."

"I want to play Go too, this class is so boring." Shikamaru spoke for the first time to the blond boy sitting near by.

The spiky blond head turned to look at Shikamaru with blue eyes that revealed distress. "That sounds like fun but I'm not... I have to..." That was it! Naruto jumped from his seat and dashed to the door. "Iruka-sensei, I have to go!"

"Naruto wait!" It was too late; the boy had already dashed off to the restroom. "Why didn't he just say he needed to use the bathroom?" Iruka shrugged, Naruto would return soon enough. "Alright everyone, pay attention let's continue the lesson."

Shikamaru sighed, he thought he found another opponent to beat at Go, but it was just some kid who drank too much juice during recess. "How troublesome..."

Event 17: Being Water Isn't Easy

Shigetsu's Point of View

Having the ability to turn into water might look useful, and it is, but it's not always beneficial. Just try to picture it, a small child finds a kitten and picks it up. The kid likes the cat, the cat likes the kid, it all seems perfect, right? But it all goes wrong when the boy hugs the kitten and drowns him. Then the poor child ends up literally falling to pieces through his tears. Traumatic isn't it?

That was a long time ago and I've learned to control this ability, but it's not nice when you're trying to sleep and someone stomps on you because they decided to be childish and jump on the puddle. I was dreaming and my control slipped, then I received that rude awakening from Yuugo and had to put up with Kari's literally wet dream jokes.

All of that was traumatic really, but the experience that takes the cake has to be that one time I was taking a bath, minding my own business, when Sasuke assumes that the tub is only filled with regular water and jumps in. I thought I outsmarted Sasuke by getting to the bathroom of the apartment he, Yuugo, Kari and I first, because he always takes forever in the bathroom, but I forgot to lock the door.

While we screamed and splashed in surprise, both of us caught off guard by the accident, Karin found out about it and never let us forget it. I'm Shigetsu and let me tell you, being water isn't easy.

End POV

Disclaimer, I don't own Naruto, Hershey's kisses or aspirin. Event 07 is based on chapter 198 of the manga but the story takes place before that. Disclaimer, I do not own Naruto. Special thanks to Xinda for the idea for Event 12. Event 13 was based on Chapter 301 of the manga, where it looks like Oro doesn't want to deal with Sasuke's bad mood, and on the chapters with Sasuke and Itachi's past.
Sign up to rate and review this story